Windows 10: Keyboard layout on Windows 11 acting weird

Discus and support Keyboard layout on Windows 11 acting weird in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I recently purchased a new laptop and I set it up with Windows 11. I have been a Windows user since forever so basically on every version i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pahas, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Pahas Win User

Keyboard layout on Windows 11 acting weird

Hello, I recently purchased a new laptop and I set it up with Windows 11. I have been a Windows user since forever so basically on every version i owned, I had the exactly the same behavior i will describe below. Occasionally I need to use the Greek keyboard layout. My default keyboard is always English US, and just add the Greek one and switch to when i need to type something in that language. My old laptop was also working with Windows 11 and i tried to set up the new exactly the same but wont work. As you see on the screen below there are 2 issues:1. For some reason English UK appears on

:)

Pahas, Jul 2, 2022
  2. tanyary Win User

Custom Keyboard Layouts in Windows 11

A wonderful day everyone,

Previously I have used the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator to create custom keyboard layouts, however not only is Windows 11 not listed as a supported operating system, but I cannot use the installed keyboards as they get shrugged off as "Unavailable input method" and are also unselectable as they break the taskbar language button in strange ways.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how one can create a functioning keyboard layout for Windows 11? It'd be much appreciated.

Best regards.

tanyary, Jul 2, 2022
  3. RQT
    rqt Win User
    Keyboard Layout

"Letters and numbers are all correct, but most of the other signs are misplaced"

This suggests to me that you are using the wrong "keyboard language" for your keyboard, and that therefore you first step would be to determine exactly what language keyboard you have. Possibly have a look at Windows Keyboard Layouts - Globalization | Microsoft Docs.

(The age of any laptop capable of running Windows 10 at all should not be a problem as regards keyboard layout)

4. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

1. Keyboard layout on Windows 11 acting weird - Similar Threads - Keyboard layout acting

2. keyboard acts weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard acts weird: my keyboard became barely functional a i was using it some keys work but some dont like t can only be typed once and A sometimes opens the calculator and i cant delete since omething unless its highlighted first. typing this with on screen keyboard, already ran a troubleshoot...
  3. keyboard acts weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard acts weird: my keyboard became barely functional a i was using it some keys work but some dont like t can only be typed once and A sometimes opens the calculator and i cant delete since omething unless its highlighted first. typing this with on screen keyboard, already ran a troubleshoot...
  4. Keyboard acting weird.

Keyboard acting weird.: Hi, recently my keyboard began glitching out specifically with the key "H". I have to press really hard for it to actually register the input, im not sure if its a keyboard problem or a driver problem. Any help is appreciated!...
  5. Keyboard acting weird.

Keyboard acting weird.: Hi, recently my keyboard began glitching out specifically with the key "H". I have to press really hard for it to actually register the input, im not sure if its a keyboard problem or a driver problem. Any help is appreciated!...
  6. Keyboard is acting weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is acting weird.: Hello, I am having an issue with my keyboard. No matter what I try I can't get it to work right! These are the laptop specs, incase it helps. Processor IntelR PentiumR Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  7. Keyboard is acting weird.

Keyboard is acting weird.: Hello, I am having an issue with my keyboard. No matter what I try I can't get it to work right! These are the laptop specs, incase it helps. Processor IntelR PentiumR Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  8. Keyboard is acting weird.

9. Keyboard layout on Windows 11 acting weird

Keyboard layout on Windows 11 acting weird: Hello, I recently purchased a new laptop and I set it up with Windows 11. I have been a Windows user since forever so basically on every version i owned, I had the exactly the same behavior i will describe below. Occasionally I need to use the Greek keyboard layout. My...
  10. Keyboard acting weird

Keyboard acting weird: I installed an external keyboard to my laptop. It is a logitech K220. It was working perfectly for\cn1`h 4-5 months and now it acts strange. I press a key and something else happens. For example the following is shown pressing the letter "ρ" ....