Windows 10: Keyboard layout problem

Discus and support Keyboard layout problem in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I hava a dell g7 with japanese keyboard and Japanese Windows 10 1809 (pro). I installed all the language packs to add english and italian... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PaperPath560905, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Keyboard layout problem

Hello,

I hava a dell g7 with japanese keyboard and Japanese Windows 10 1809 (pro). I installed all the language packs to add english and italian languages and inputs, so now I have a completely english OS + italian and japanese.

The problem I have is that the physical alt gr key is not present on the keyboard and when typing in italian I can't type some letters (most notably the @ symbol which is altgr+ò).

I did try all combinations of ctrl+alt/shift/kana switching keys without success. Google is not my friend, or at least I'm searching for the wrong keywords.

Can someone suggest a fix for this ? I can switch languages to type @ but it's inconvenient Keyboard layout problem :) remapping one of the Japanese only keys (like the kana switch on the right of the space bar) to alt gr when switching to Italian would be perfect

TIA

:)

PaperPath560905, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Swapna S Win User

Keyboard layout problem

IME with various keyboard layouts

Hi Sean,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing in changing the
    keyboard layout. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur, if you have selected any default language for keyboard layout.

Follow below mentioned step to change the keyboard layout Language.

• Press and Hold Windows key + space bar key from your keyboard.

• On right corner of your desktop, you will see a small pop windows that shows keyboard layout Language.

• Using down and up arrow keys, you can change the keyboard layout Language.
    Please get back us, if you are still facing issue
    in changing the keyboard layout language.

Thank you.

Swapna S, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard layout problem

1. Keyboard layout problem - Similar Threads - Keyboard layout problem

2. Custom keyboard layout problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Custom keyboard layout problem: Hello,I'm italian and just switched to an American keyboard, I need the accented vowels so i made a new keyboard layout with MS Keyobaord Layout Creator 1.4, adding the AltGr ctrl+alt +<vowel> shortcuts for lowercase and shift+ctrl+alt+<vowel> for uppercase.Installed it on...
  3. Custom keyboard layout problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom keyboard layout problem: Hello,I'm italian and just switched to an American keyboard, I need the accented vowels so i made a new keyboard layout with MS Keyobaord Layout Creator 1.4, adding the AltGr ctrl+alt +<vowel> shortcuts for lowercase and shift+ctrl+alt+<vowel> for uppercase.Installed it on...
  4. Keyboard layout - Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard layout - Problem: Hi all,I've got a problem with my keyboard layout.The following keys aren't working anymore which i'm sure of : q,z, capslock, TAB , ESC , nearly all F functions. and some keys have a different function such as "=@ , @=".I´ve tried a lot of standard solutions:1 Alt shift2...
  5. keyboard layouts

keyboard layouts: I still have ENG UK and ENG USIA beeing added to my keyboards list no mater what I do, I tried to check and uncheck the option "let me use a different input method for each app window" I cant understand the use of it, it is killing me by effecting @ key and give strange...
  6. problem with keyboard layout creator 1.4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with keyboard layout creator 1.4: after creating my layout which was a lightly modified version of qwerty for slightly faster typing, i ran the setup and the keyboard layout was working. but, i realized i had forgot the shift keys and went to fix that, i created it again under a different name, went to the...
  7. Problems switching between keyboard layouts

Problems switching between keyboard layouts: I am having trouble switching between keyboard layouts for different languages. English is my default setting and I have the language packs for 4 other languages installed. However, the language selection icon the one that normally appears in the lower righthand corner...
  8. Keyboard Layout

Keyboard Layout: I am trying to add 'Urdu Phonetic Keyboard' layout in language preferences but its not working. There is an Urdu Keyboard by deflate but its layout doesn't match with our Urdu keyboard layout in which I learned typing. I have to prepare my assignment. So, please get me solved...
  9. Keyboard Layout

Keyboard Layout: I am trying to add 'Urdu Phonetic Keyboard' layout in language preferences but its not working. There is an Urdu Keyboard by deflate but its layout doesn't match with our Urdu keyboard layout in which I learned typing. I have to prepare my assignment. So, please get me solved...
  10. "Choose your keyboard layout" Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    "Choose your keyboard layout" Problem: Hey guys, is there a good tutorial here on how to fix this? I've tried a few different things in the past but wanted to gain some better ideas/knowledge. I believe that the computer was Upgrading to Windows 10 1803, and on Restart get's the dreaded "Choose your keyboard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dcs change keyboard layout

2. issue win10 urdu keyboard layout