Windows 10: Keyboard layout switching issue

Discus and support Keyboard layout switching issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I use Windows 10. In my system there are several combination of language/keyboard layout: - English/United States-International QWERTY -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kyrzait, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Kyrzait Win User

Keyboard layout switching issue

Hello,

I use Windows 10. In my system there are several combination of language/keyboard layout:

- English/United States-International QWERTY

- English/US QWERTY

- Russian/Russian

- French/United States-International QWERTY

- French/French AZERTY

I try to configure language/layout switching using "Left Alt+Shift+#" # is a digit from 0 to 9.

I have two issues:

1. When I assign a combination for any language with "United States-International" layout, it don't work. The system don't react to the hotkey. However, it works correctly for other language/layout combinations.

2. When I assign desired combinations for my language/layouts except US-international, it works only for one session. After PC reboot all configurations are reset.

Could you help me to solve this problem ?

:)

Kyrzait, Jul 1, 2020

2. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, Jul 1, 2020
  3. [EXIT] Win User
    switching keyboard layouts between devices

I recently bought a surface book on a holiday to USA and it has a US keyboard layout. When I set this device to use the US keyboard layout it switched all of the other devices on my account to suit. How can I set the surface book to a US keyboard Layout
    but keep my desktop, laptop and tablet on the UK keyboard layout (which is the keyboard layout they all use) but still all attached to the my Microsoft account?

Step by step instructions would be appreciated for an idiot.

Thanks

[EXIT], Jul 1, 2020
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Cannot switch to US International keyboard layout

Hi Belle,

We need to gather some information for us to better understand your keyboard layout concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• When did you notice that you cannot switch or reset your English keyboard to US International?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • How do you switch or reset your English keyboard to US International?
    • What is the exact issue you're getting when you reset the keyboard layout? If you can provided screenshots of the issue, it will greatly help us in visualizing the issue.

Argel Obm, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard layout switching issue - Similar Threads - Keyboard layout switching

2. Issues creating a keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues creating a keyboard layout: Hello!I've been trying to create a new keyboard layout using the Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 that allows for a lot of different symbols. I set the language to German.Validating the keyboard succeeds, but I get a lot of warnings of the following types: WARNING: The character X...
  3. Issues creating a keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues creating a keyboard layout: Hello!I've been trying to create a new keyboard layout using the Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 that allows for a lot of different symbols. I set the language to German.Validating the keyboard succeeds, but I get a lot of warnings of the following types: WARNING: The character X...
  4. Language keyboard layout switching issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Language keyboard layout switching issue: Hello, Since a few weeks, I have some troubles with the language preferences : I'm a french user of a qwerty keyboard because qwerty is the best<3 but obviously, I need to switch to the french layout when I want to type the accented letters. For more than a year I had no...
  5. Auto-switch keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-switch keyboard layout?: I have 2 keyboards with different layouts (US-International and PT-ABNT2) I switch back and forth between. I currently have a shortcut set to change layouts. Is there any way to configure Windows 10 so it automatically switches to the correct layout based on the keyboard I'm...
  6. Problems switching between keyboard layouts

Problems switching between keyboard layouts: I am having trouble switching between keyboard layouts for different languages. English is my default setting and I have the language packs for 4 other languages installed. However, the language selection icon the one that normally appears in the lower righthand corner...
  7. Issue with the keyboard layout

Issue with the keyboard layout: Hello there , So i have an issue with the keyboard layout , it not a huge problem but it's time time consuming , so to get you in the picture , i'm using windows 10 in english and for the keyboard layout i choosed french azerty , but everytime the system keeps adding...
  8. Strange keyboard layout issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Strange keyboard layout issue: Hey, I'm German, so of course I want to use the german QWERTZ keyset in Windows 10. Everythings works fine besides one key - this is the "ö" key. When I set the keyboard layout to DE-DE this key does nothing, if I change the layout to for example switzerland german or EN-EN...
  9. Unable to Switch Keyboard Layouts with Shortcuts

Unable to Switch Keyboard Layouts with Shortcuts: So I saw one other person had a similar problem here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-layout-hotkey-shortcut-does-not-work/4399b607-d6a1-4388-86b7-0dda8b69c19b I'm posting this both because while I had the problem with Windows 7, it wasn't as...
  10. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Support
    Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout: When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it). Now when I switch...