Windows 10: Keyboard layout switching keeps adding US English to the list

Discus and support Keyboard layout switching keeps adding US English to the list in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Okay I live in the UK but I use a German-Russian bilingual keyboard because I do. I have it all set to United Kingdom and then in the preferred... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/spotonron, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Keyboard layout switching keeps adding US English to the list

Okay I live in the UK but I use a German-Russian bilingual keyboard because I do. I have it all set to United Kingdom and then in the preferred languages I have it on German and Russian only because you can write in English perfectly fine with the German layout. Problem is when I do win + space to change between them without going to the bit at the bottom right it adds for some reason English US to the list I have to go through. It's annoying, because I can't write or anything using it and I can't seem to get rid of it. Why is it there?

submitted by /u/spotonron
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/spotonron, Jul 28, 2020

2. Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout

That doesnt work anymore, language isnt in control panel

can i get new instructions?

Phoenixcraft, Jul 28, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Cannot switch to US International keyboard layout

Hi Belle,

We need to gather some information for us to better understand your keyboard layout concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• When did you notice that you cannot switch or reset your English keyboard to US International?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • How do you switch or reset your English keyboard to US International?
    • What is the exact issue you're getting when you reset the keyboard layout? If you can provided screenshots of the issue, it will greatly help us in visualizing the issue.

Argel Obm, Jul 28, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Keyboard layout switching keeps adding US English to the list

English (United States) keyboard layout keeps appearing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that English (United States) keyboard layout keeps appearing automatically. I’ll certainly help you with the steps to remove it.

I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if you are able to remove the language pack:

1. Type command prompt in the search bar on the
      Taskbar.
    2. Right click on the command prompt icon and select
      Run as administrator.
    3. Now, paste the following command and hit Enter:
      lpksetup /u en-US.
    4. Restart the computer.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 28, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard layout switching keeps adding US English to the list

1. Keyboard layout switching keeps adding US English to the list - Similar Threads - Keyboard layout switching

2. Windows 365 keyboard layout stuck on English US

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 365 keyboard layout stuck on English US: I've just got a new Windows 365 PC and nothing I do will make the keyboard the UK layout instead of the US.Under language and region everything is set as English UK, and I've deleted the English US language pack but the keyboard is still US layout.How can I get it to switch?...
  3. Windows 365 keyboard layout stuck on English US

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 365 keyboard layout stuck on English US: I've just got a new Windows 365 PC and nothing I do will make the keyboard the UK layout instead of the US.Under language and region everything is set as English UK, and I've deleted the English US language pack but the keyboard is still US layout.How can I get it to switch?...
  4. Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout: For some reason, Windows seems to regularly check to see if I'm using the EN-US keyboard layout, and adds it if I'm not. Normally, I use a variety of other layouts. This ends up adding another entry to my already long list of layouts to cycle through.It appears without an...
  5. Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows keeps automatically adding EN-US and other keyboard layout: For some reason, Windows seems to regularly check to see if I'm using the EN-US keyboard layout, and adds it if I'm not. Normally, I use a variety of other layouts. This ends up adding another entry to my already long list of layouts to cycle through.It appears without an...
  6. English US keyboard keeps adding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    English US keyboard keeps adding: I have had this issue on Windows 10 and now 11. Just a quick question for Microsoft. How hard is it to fix this problem? It's been ages. I think it's pretty easy for a multi-billion company to fix an issue that is the automatically adding keyboard????Basically, the English US...
  7. English US keyboard keeps adding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    English US keyboard keeps adding: I have had this issue on Windows 10 and now 11. Just a quick question for Microsoft. How hard is it to fix this problem? It's been ages. I think it's pretty easy for a multi-billion company to fix an issue that is the automatically adding keyboard????Basically, the English US...
  8. windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows keeps automatically adding EN-US keyboard layout: For some reason, Windows seems to regularly check to see if I'm using the EN-US keyboard layout, and adds it if I'm not. Normally, I use a variety of other layouts. This ends up adding another entry to my already long list of layouts to cycle through. It appears without an...
  9. Unwanted switching of keyboard layout to US QWERTY

Unwanted switching of keyboard layout to US QWERTY: I am using Japanese "Microsoft IME" as my only keyboard layout, but I had to change a registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\00000411 to make it use a different underlying layout, other than the US QWERTY, namely a customized...
  10. English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself

English (US) keyboard keeps adding itself: About maybe once a week this English (United States) keyboard adds itself and as I don't need it I have to delete it every time. Is there a way to prevent it from appearing? And if it's intended behavior, well, it's really inconvenient. Language of Windows 10 is set to...