Windows 10: Keyboard layout syncing between computers

Discus and support Keyboard layout syncing between computers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I have 2 computers, one is AZERTY the other is QWERTY. However the setting is applied to my QWERTY computer gets transferred to my AZERTY one so my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Pixelhouse18, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Keyboard layout syncing between computers

Hi, I have 2 computers, one is AZERTY the other is QWERTY.
    However the setting is applied to my QWERTY computer gets transferred to my AZERTY one so my keys don't match, is there somewhere I can log in to my account but not make the keyboard layout sync between the two?
    Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/Pixelhouse18
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Pixelhouse18, Apr 13, 2020

2. Keyboard layout syncing issue in Windows 10

Hello,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

A quick question before we proceed:

Does this issue confined to keyboard layout?

I suggest you to Turn off the Language preference and Ease of access Sync settings and check if it helps. You may follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key and then type Sync your settings.

• Turn off language preference and ease of access.

Hope this helps. Write back to us with the status of the issue for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Cannot remove Keyboard Layout

Hi,

It is possible that you need to configure your keyboard layout that is why you still see it in the list even you already remove it. To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps on this

thread
    provided by DikkeryDok last October 27, 2017 to remove the specific keyboard layout you are referring to.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Keyboard layout syncing between computers

Wrong keyboard layout in login page after update to 1607

Hi,

Since the issue reoccurred after updating to anniversary update, I suggest you to reconfigure the QWERTY keyboard layout and check if the same issue persists. This is to check if the issue is with Windows 10 1607 update.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to configure the keyboard layout:

• Open Settings and click on Time and Language.
    • Click on Region and Language.
    • Add the Country and click on add a language and select the language of your choice.
    • This will take time to download the pack.
    • Once this is done, Press Windows key + Space and press Space key to choose the keyboard layout.
    Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard layout syncing between computers

1. Keyboard layout syncing between computers - Similar Threads - Keyboard layout syncing

2. Keyboard layout CHANGES between different computers despite explicit language preference...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout CHANGES between different computers despite explicit language preference...: The Windows 10 including updates as of recently still is fully unable to maintain the local computer keyboard layout and it is fully unable to refrain from syncing settings that are local to the stored account information. That remains a bug despite being reported several...
  3. Keyboard layout CHANGES between different computers despite explicit language preference...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard layout CHANGES between different computers despite explicit language preference...: The Windows 10 including updates as of recently still is fully unable to maintain the local computer keyboard layout and it is fully unable to refrain from syncing settings that are local to the stored account information. That remains a bug despite being reported several...
  4. Stop Syncing between 2 computers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Stop Syncing between 2 computers: I have 2 devices using the same Microsoft username & Password. One is a desktop, and the other is a laptop. When I add or change the graphic of the Icons on the desktop of one device it syncs and changes it on the other device. I used Win 10 Pro "Sync your setting" app and...
  5. Unwanted keyboard layout sharing between machines

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwanted keyboard layout sharing between machines: Hi, I have two computers. A workstation with a belgian keyboard layout and a laptop with a German keyboad layout. I only use local accounts on these machines but I do log into my microsoft account for office onedrive etc. Since the last update, suddenly my workstation has...
  6. Problems switching between keyboard layouts

Problems switching between keyboard layouts: I am having trouble switching between keyboard layouts for different languages. English is my default setting and I have the language packs for 4 other languages installed. However, the language selection icon the one that normally appears in the lower righthand corner...
  7. Language setting / keyboard layout gets synced between 2 computers (but shouldn't)

Language setting / keyboard layout gets synced between 2 computers (but shouldn't): Hi, I have a weird problem that just arose a few weeks ago: I have a laptop and a desktop. The laptop has an English keyboard layout the desktop uses a German one. Both computers use the same Microsoft account to log in. I have absolutely no problem setting my preferred...
  8. Syncing Edge favorites between computers

in Browsers and Email
    Syncing Edge favorites between computers: I recently did a clean install of 10 on an older deskstop that I resuscitated. Is there a secret to syncing favorites/reading list between desktop and laptop? I know forever when I would add one to my phone it would show up on my laptop, and vice versa. I have sync enabled on...
  9. Syncing Themes Between Computers

Syncing Themes Between Computers: How do you sync themes between computers? Sometimes it seems to happen automatically, and sometimes it doesn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/syncing-themes-between-computers/c2158630-5828-41de-805d-410164c920cd
  10. Is there a way to sync configurations between computers?

Is there a way to sync configurations between computers?: Hello, Ihave a laptop and desktop machines running windows 10 I regularly use. As I work I tend to configure more and more stuff (keyboard shortcuts, word autocomplete, default signatures, etc.). Is there a way to sync these settings through the computers? I should...