Windows 10: Keyboard layout wrong when trying combinations with Shift key

Discus and support Keyboard layout wrong when trying combinations with Shift key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey guys, So my brother recently got a new laptop (Acer Aspire V Nitro, 17'') and everything was working fine until yesterday, while he was typing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sdw9997, Oct 26, 2015.

1. sdw9997 Win User

Keyboard layout wrong when trying combinations with Shift key

Hey guys,

So my brother recently got a new laptop (Acer Aspire V Nitro, 17'') and everything was working fine until yesterday, while he was typing and suddenly couldn't use AltGr+2 to get an @-symbol. We looked into the layout settings, everything fine (It's still set to Swiss German layout). So I tried some keys out to check if that's correct. The layout was correct at first: still qwertz, the ö, ü, and ä all still there as well. BUT as soon as I tried combining Shift and numbers, we got a lot of weird results. Instead of +, ", *, ç, %, &, /, (, ), = for Shift+1-0, we got completely different symbols. When trying with AltGr, similar things happened. Normally we'd get ¦ @ # ° § ¬ | ¢ for AltGr+1-8, but it changed it to a lot of other, weird symbols.

Eventually we found out that AltGr+q gets us the @-symbol. Oddly enough, though, the -symbol, which is, on the Swiss keyboard layout, AltGr+e, still works fine.

I have the feeling that the layout for Shift and AltGr combinations is for some reason the one of another layout, maybe the German one, I don't know. I think this might a software problem, and it's weird because 2 days ago, the @ combination worked just fine. Or my brother might've accidentally hit some random key combination while gaming that triggers this - but it's very weird that this is even possible.

Has anyone ever experienced or heard of this problem, and is there a fix that we can do manually?

Thanks *Smile

:)

sdw9997, Oct 26, 2015

2. Use of a french canadian layout Wedge bluetooth keyboard with iOS8, is it possible?

Hello,

I have bought a Wedge bluetooth keyboard with a french canadian layout. In this layout, differently from all other french layouts, accents are made with only one key and necessitate the strike of a letter before the accentuated letter appears. In Windows
    7, in language et keyboard settings, this layout is called "Français (Canada)". To be precise this also a layout where you have to hit "Alt-car+2" to have the "@" sign.

You can see the keyboard and it's layout here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM0cbAcWoAAxw9h.jpg:large

When I connect this Wedge keyboard to an iPad on iOS8, it appears and works when I hit keys but doesn't seem to have the right layout in memory because when I hit the "`" (accent) key, it types directly è instead of waiting for me to type another letter
    as this layout would require. Also, all the symbols that can be accessed with a "shift+(number)" stroke are wrong and don't give the result there supposed to. When I go in keyboard settings of the iPad, it says I use a "Français canadien (CSA)" layout on the
    keyboard. Other french layouts offered in the iPad are AZERTY layouts which are definitly wrong as the keyboard is a QWERTY.

My question: is it possible to have use the french canadian wedge keyboard with an iPad and have the key write exactly what they show (i.e. the "shift+3" combination gives "/" just like the keyboard displays on the key and not "#" as I get on the screen
    of the iPad when I use the keyboard) ?

EDIT: I understand that special functions like PLAY or the WINDOWS key won't work as I am not using the keyboard with a Windows environnement but a keyboard that types something else than what the keys show as typing combinations is useless. If it is not
    possible to use as I would be able to type on a computer (without the functions, understandably), I will return the keyboard.

AntoineLetarte, Oct 26, 2015
  3. Keyboard settings

Wrong keyboard selected.

UK-layout: Shift+2 gives ".

US-layout: Shift+2 gives @.

Frederik Long, Oct 26, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

Click on the search icon on the taskbar. Type Language (or the Swiss equivalent, if you don't have English Windows) and select Language (Control Panel) (or the Swiss equivalent). Next to the Swiss language click on Options. See if you have the correct input method. If not, click add and select the correct. Then click on the other and remove it. Also in Languages see if you have any other unwanted language installed and remove it.

spapakons, Oct 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Keyboard layout wrong when trying combinations with Shift key - Similar Threads - Keyboard layout wrong

2. Wrong shift keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wrong shift keys: Hello,my keyboard keeps on giving me wrong shift keys.I have tried to set the language to EnglishUK and English US but hasn't worked.It has a " on top of 2 and @ on the bottom right side of 2.It has # on top of 3,and £ on bottom right side of 3.Please help...
  3. Wrong shift keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wrong shift keys: Hello,my keyboard keeps on giving me wrong shift keys.I have tried to set the language to EnglishUK and English US but hasn't worked.It has a " on top of 2 and @ on the bottom right side of 2.It has # on top of 3,and £ on bottom right side of 3.Please help...
  4. Keyboard combination ctrl + shift can't be use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard combination ctrl + shift can't be use: Hi microsoft team, my laptop keyboard can't use the ctrl + shift combination anymore now, even though the keys on my keyboard all work normally individually. Is this problem with my software or hardware? Right now i'm using Windows 10 Pro Regards...
  5. Keyboard combination ctrl + shift can't be use

Keyboard combination ctrl + shift can't be use: Hi microsoft team, my laptop keyboard can't use the ctrl + shift combination anymore now, even though the keys on my keyboard all work normally individually. Is this problem with my software or hardware? Right now i'm using Windows 10 Pro Regards...
  6. Keyboard combination ctrl + shift can't be use

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Keyboard layout key combination is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout key combination is not working: I've installed the custom keyboard layout for the Ukrainian language - it has some additional symbols. Everything works perfectly except one combination - Alt+Ctrl+і in the Ukrainian layout in the English layout, it would be Alt+Ctrl+s. It returns nothing, but it should...
  8. Keyboard layout key combination is not working

Keyboard layout key combination is not working: I've installed the custom keyboard layout for the Ukrainian language - it has some additional symbols. Everything works perfectly except one combination - Alt+Ctrl+і in the Ukrainian layout in the English layout, it would be Alt+Ctrl+s. It returns nothing, but it should...
  9. Keyboard layout wrong name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard layout wrong name: I created a keyboard layout using Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator and gave it a name. Let it be ONE. Then I created another keyboard layout and gave it a name TWO. But it is displayed under name ONE. I have two different keyboard layouts but they are shown under the same...
  10. combination keys (Shift +f*)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    combination keys (Shift +f*): since the update after V-1709 every1 that plays a game called tibia can't use (Shift+F12)everything was always fine since win xp till win 10 1709 but after till last update till now still not working any solutions ?...