Windows 10: Keyboard layout

Discus and support Keyboard layout in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 with English interface language and German keyboard layout (ENG-DE). Periodically the ENG-US keyboard is added (The language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marcomarsella, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Keyboard layout

Hello,
    I have Windows 10 with English interface language and German keyboard layout (ENG-DE).
    Periodically the ENG-US keyboard is added (The language bar appears again), even if the US layout it is not listed in the language options (???)
    At this time I have to add manually the US layout, then remove it, now the language bar disappears again.

Any idea about? Can I prevent the US layout from bein installed?

Thanks, Marco

:)

marcomarsella, Dec 8, 2015
  2. Fab_186 Win User

Windows 10 keyboard language reset after upgrade to 1709

The problem is not to change the keyboard layout manually. Easy.

The issue is that the update 1709 detects "English US" as Windows display language and enforces this language as default Keyboard layout. Most probably was 1607 the same.

There is a mismatch between System language and keyboard layout. The system language should not appear as keyboard layout if it is not specified as such.

We have Windows 10 English on computers with German keyboard and the users need to type using english US layout, even if the keyboard is german !!!

Even if we modify layout on each computer for each username, any new profile created will get a wrong layout...

Fab_186, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Fails to Properly Work with Dvorak Keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting us back.

I suggest you to refer the below steps to make a default keyboard layout and see it restricts the continuous change of the keyboard layout.

Lets make the keyboard layout as default and see if it helps.

Add a keyboard layout :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout
    Note: Refer to the section "To make a keyboard your default keyboard".

Let us know if this helps.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

We will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 8, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Keyboard layout

Open Advanced Language Settings:

Keyboard layout [​IMG]

(Click screenshots to enlarge.)

Two settings here to check:

Keyboard layout [​IMG]

• Override the default input language with your preferred input language, even if there's only one language on the list
    • Don't let websites access the language list
    To be sure that the correct settings will be used for all user accounts created later, copy the settings:

Keyboard layout [​IMG]

Kari, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

Keyboard layout

1. Keyboard layout - Similar Threads - Keyboard layout

2. Where can I find the keyboard layout for the Nepali typing in Windows qwerty keyboard when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where can I find the keyboard layout for the Nepali typing in Windows qwerty keyboard when...: Hello and Namaste,In Windows, we can add Nepali language pack as well but where can I find the keyboard layout for Nepali language pack as we have only english qwerty layout keyboard, so so need to match the english keys to our Nepali when using Nepali keyword pack. We can...
  3. Where can I find the keyboard layout for the Nepali typing in Windows qwerty keyboard when...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where can I find the keyboard layout for the Nepali typing in Windows qwerty keyboard when...: Hello and Namaste,In Windows, we can add Nepali language pack as well but where can I find the keyboard layout for Nepali language pack as we have only english qwerty layout keyboard, so so need to match the english keys to our Nepali when using Nepali keyword pack. We can...
  4. Multiplied keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiplied keyboard layouts: Hello,ever since I completely switched to QWERTY keyboard layout I often have an issue with the czech language layout being mulitplied in the keyboard switch panel.The only two I want is Unites States-International and Czech QWERTY. As far as I can tell, the last Czech Czech...
  5. Multiplied keyboard layouts

Multiplied keyboard layouts: Hello,ever since I completely switched to QWERTY keyboard layout I often have an issue with the czech language layout being mulitplied in the keyboard switch panel.The only two I want is Unites States-International and Czech QWERTY. As far as I can tell, the last Czech Czech...
  6. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  7. How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?

How can i delete unwanted keyboard layouts?: Hello, I can't delete unwanted keyboard layouts.I tried deleting it with Powershell and regedit but it didn't work. Before that I tried deleting the language in the settings and reinstalling it, but nothing worked. The keyboards were still there. I use only 2 of these...
  8. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  9. additional unwanted keyboard layouts

additional unwanted keyboard layouts: i have keyboard layouts, that i've never added to my system. To get rid of them i've changed my system language to german, deleted all other languages in setting except german, but still there're two english layouts left en-US & en-UK. how can i delete them? i don't need to...
  10. Cannot remove keyboard layout on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot remove keyboard layout on Windows 11: Hello,I want to remove the dutch keyboard layout from my Windows 11 laptop but it is not listed on the control panel.How can I get rid of this keyboard layout?...