Windows 10: Keyboard layout

Discus and support Keyboard layout in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have Windows 10 with English interface language and German keyboard layout (ENG-DE). Periodically the ENG-US keyboard is added (The language... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by marcomarsella, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Keyboard layout

Hello,
    I have Windows 10 with English interface language and German keyboard layout (ENG-DE).
    Periodically the ENG-US keyboard is added (The language bar appears again), even if the US layout it is not listed in the language options (???)
    At this time I have to add manually the US layout, then remove it, now the language bar disappears again.

Any idea about? Can I prevent the US layout from bein installed?

Thanks, Marco

:)

marcomarsella, Dec 8, 2015
  2. Fab_186 Win User

Windows 10 keyboard language reset after upgrade to 1709

The problem is not to change the keyboard layout manually. Easy.

The issue is that the update 1709 detects "English US" as Windows display language and enforces this language as default Keyboard layout. Most probably was 1607 the same.

There is a mismatch between System language and keyboard layout. The system language should not appear as keyboard layout if it is not specified as such.

We have Windows 10 English on computers with German keyboard and the users need to type using english US layout, even if the keyboard is german !!!

Even if we modify layout on each computer for each username, any new profile created will get a wrong layout...

Fab_186, Dec 8, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Fails to Properly Work with Dvorak Keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting us back.

I suggest you to refer the below steps to make a default keyboard layout and see it restricts the continuous change of the keyboard layout.

Lets make the keyboard layout as default and see if it helps.

Add a keyboard layout :

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/change-keyboard-layout
    Note: Refer to the section "To make a keyboard your default keyboard".

Let us know if this helps.

Keep us posted for further assistance.

We will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 8, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Keyboard layout

Open Advanced Language Settings:

Keyboard layout [​IMG]

(Click screenshots to enlarge.)

Two settings here to check:

Keyboard layout [​IMG]

• Override the default input language with your preferred input language, even if there's only one language on the list
    • Don't let websites access the language list
    To be sure that the correct settings will be used for all user accounts created later, copy the settings:

Keyboard layout [​IMG]

Kari, Dec 9, 2015
Thema:

Keyboard layout

1. Keyboard layout - Similar Threads - Keyboard layout

2. Custom keyboard layout - add special keys using dead and live keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Custom keyboard layout - add special keys using dead and live keys: I'm using MSKLC to make a custom keyboard for an internal purpose. what i was missing is when pressing certain key two times consecutively without space get a new unicode character. in the context we use it is harmless to have specific string lets say 2 characters of...
  3. Keyboard layout switching issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard layout switching issue: Hello, I use Windows 10. In my system there are several combination of language/keyboard layout: - English/United States-International QWERTY - English/US QWERTY - Russian/Russian - French/United States-International QWERTY - French/French AZERTY I try to configure...
  4. Japanese IME keyboard layout on Windows 10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Japanese IME keyboard layout on Windows 10 2004: Hello, With previous versions of windows, all I had to do to type Japanese with my azerty keyboard was to change a registry key. This has no effect in 2004. Did anyone manage to fix this with the latest windows release? Thanks. submitted by /u/eltinono [link]...
  5. Set different keyboard layout for kiosk user than Admin user

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Set different keyboard layout for kiosk user than Admin user: Hi, For a kiosk user running ShellLauncher with custom .NET desktop app i would like to set the keyboard layout to be different than the default input locale. The kiosk user needs a danish keyboard layout (with US language). The default input locale is set to en-US. The...
  6. Error 0x8007012a or 0x80070057 when changing Keyboard layout in Windows 10 RE

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x8007012a or 0x80070057 when changing Keyboard layout in Windows 10 RE: [ATTACH]If you encounter error codes 0x8007012a or 0x80070057 when changing the keyboard layout in Windows 10 RE, then this post is intended to help you. […] This article Error 0x8007012a or 0x80070057 when changing Keyboard layout in Windows 10 RE first appeared on...
  7. Unwanted keyboard layout sharing between machines

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwanted keyboard layout sharing between machines: Hi, I have two computers. A workstation with a belgian keyboard layout and a laptop with a German keyboad layout. I only use local accounts on these machines but I do log into my microsoft account for office onedrive etc. Since the last update, suddenly my workstation has...
  8. How to remove sole keyboard layout without removing corresponding language pack?

How to remove sole keyboard layout without removing corresponding language pack?: Problem Summary I can't remove sole Keyboard Layout from English United States Language Pack. Please, be careful to distinguish between "Keyboard Layout" and "Language Pack" How to remove it? or at least remove from the list of input methods accessed via Win+Space...
  9. Adding a Keyboard Layout to Windows 10

Adding a Keyboard Layout to Windows 10: Hi, this morning using the Keyboard Layout Creator I've created a custom keyboard layout for the Neapolitan Language Napulitano, since the standard Italian keyboard doesn't have circumflexed a, e, o, i and also the acute i and the acute o, but when I switch for the available...
  10. Keyboard Layout Creator doesn't build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Layout Creator doesn't build: Hi, I've been encountering a problem with Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 on Windows 10. The program works fine till it comes to building the DLL. When I try to build, it validates the keyboard with positive outcome but then says that an error as occured while...