Windows 10: Keyboard Layouts from other user accounts appear on my account

Discus and support Keyboard Layouts from other user accounts appear on my account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have two preferred languages on my user account. On my computer there is also another account which has these two languages + two other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Levan Gharibashvili, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Keyboard Layouts from other user accounts appear on my account

Hello,

I have two preferred languages on my user account. On my computer there is also another account which has these two languages + two other languages.

The problem is that if I log into other account and then log in to my account, the keyboard layouts from other user also appear in my account.

If I go to Language preferences, I only see two languages, but in the taskbar there are four languages.

This is extremely frustrating because I often switch between two languages using Alt+Shift and it takes lot of key presses with four languages.

If I restart computer and log into my account, then I only get my two preferred languages.

:)

Levan Gharibashvili, Mar 3, 2021

2. Language list appears when there is only one keyboard layout used in a user account

There’re two user accounts on my computer running on Windows 10. In my account, the interface language is English (United Kingdom) and the keyboard layout is United States–International; in the other account, English (United Kingdom) is also the interface
    language, but the keyboard layout is US.

Since a particular update which took place a few months ago, a language list appears on the far-right of the task bar in my account, and it allows me to switch between United States–International and US. However, if I go to that area for language settings
    on the control panel, only United States–International is shown. In order to get rid of the language list, I need to manually add US as a second keyboard layout and remove it afterwards. Even so, the language list always re-appears whenever I restart my computer.
    Is there a way to permanently get rid of that language list? Before that particular update I’ve mentioned, there was no language list when there was only one keyboard layout used in a user account.

dtsoton2011, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Language list appears when there is only one keyboard layout used in a user account

Hi, Aaron!

Thanks for the reply.

What I want to get rid of is a keyboard layout, not a language. Is there also a command which allows me to remove a keyboard layout permanently?

The settings in the two accounts on my computer are:

1. My account

Language: en-GB

Keyboard: United States–International

2. The other user’s account

Language: en-GB

Keyboard: US

Since there’s only one keyboard layout in my account, there shouldn’t be a language list, as there’s nothing to switch to. However, there’s now a language list which allows me to switch between the keyboard layouts of United States–International and US.

dtsoton2011, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Keyboard Layouts from other user accounts appear on my account

Keyboard on other users accounts

Here are some more screenies. As you can see everything set to UK. However I cannot remove the Keyboard layout : US. Is this interfering somehow? Also when I click on the personal handwriting thing, not that I think it's relevant but you notice it has United States and not UK. Is this telling in some way, how does this get changed to UK? When I did the override settings I applied it to all user accounts but still no dice. I am at a loss now, mine is the administrator account (keyboard layout fine and no trace of US in my listings), my wife has a standard account and my son has a child account. I even tried creating a new dummy administrator account and the same happens on this one. It's not the end of the world but some of the US key layout is different to UK and it kind of puts my wife off using her own account. Surely this is a bug in windows 10? I don't know what it was like pre threshold 2 as PC was new and I hadn't had it long before this update came in. All the additional user accounts were created post TH2 update. I wonder if Cortana has anything to do with it but I think it's unlikely

On my own user account all is dandy. The handwriting thing has United Kingdom (not that I'd ever use it)
    Keyboard Layouts from other user accounts appear on my account [​IMG]

Scottyboy99, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard Layouts from other user accounts appear on my account

1. Keyboard Layouts from other user accounts appear on my account - Similar Threads - Keyboard Layouts user

2. Other User accounts NOT loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Other User accounts NOT loading: My NEW laptop, updated to Win11 as soon as I started it, I've created 4 "Users" on it, Only logged on with 1 user until now 6 weeks after buying it tried to log on with any of the other user accounts, and all I get is a BLACK screen after "signing in". Tried Safe...
  3. KEYBOARD LAYOUT FOR FRENCH USER while resetting password in windows account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    KEYBOARD LAYOUT FOR FRENCH USER while resetting password in windows account: Hey GuysIm working with IKEA company as IT. WE ran into a issue lately while users in store try to reset their own password. It all starts when you are connected to the Login page not dekstop one but login!!!!. Youo have under the password case a inscription in white...
  4. I can't use a custom keyboard layout on the second user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I can't use a custom keyboard layout on the second user account: I made a custom keyboard layout earlier today using the microsoft keyboard layout creator, however when I went to use it on my second user account on my laptop, it didn't show up as an option, but when I tried installing it again, it wouldn't let me because it said it was...
  5. User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User accounts "bleed" their settings into other user accounts: Hey there! MSI Trident 3 Windows 10 Home 1909 64-bit Long story short, we bought this computer, set it up, and added a user account for my wife and myself. The issue started with her account icon turning into my icon and now her account has my wallpaper and my color scheme...
  6. Hiding folders from other user account

in Windows 10 Support
    Hiding folders from other user account: Hi all, I have a PC with Windows 10 Home (1903, 64 bit). I log in via Microsoft admin account and someone else logs in via a standard local account. Is it possible to hide the admin account user data folder/s from the local account user while having the folder/s visible to...
  7. Windows keyboard layouts on multiple user accounts issue

Windows keyboard layouts on multiple user accounts issue: On my laptop, I have two user accounts. The Turkish language pack is installed on the second account. The Arabic and English packs are installed on both accounts. My problem is: On the first account, the Turkish keyboard layout is shown in the language bar in task bar, but...
  8. Language list appears when there is only one keyboard layout used in a user account

Language list appears when there is only one keyboard layout used in a user account: There’re two user accounts on my computer running on Windows 10. In my account, the interface language is English (United Kingdom) and the keyboard layout is United States–International; in the other account, English (United Kingdom) is also the interface language, but the...
  9. Family & Other Users does not appear in Settings - Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family & Other Users does not appear in Settings - Accounts: Today I tried to add an account to my Windows 10 computer (Version 1607 Build 14393.321). Not something I do very often so I Googled it. When I select Settings - Accounts, I do not see the option for "Family and other users" like the screen image below. This image is not from...
  10. Keyboard on other users accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard on other users accounts: I cannot seem to change it for my other user accounts. Mine is fine but the others have @ symbol above the 2 whilst I need it near enter. The language settings are UK and override for windows display language says 'use language list'. I change it to UK and save but it never...