Windows 10: Keyboard LED indicators for Num and CapsLock stop working once Windows boots up.

Discus and support Keyboard LED indicators for Num and CapsLock stop working once Windows boots up. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sorry if this isn't the right place to post, but this is really annoying. When I turn on my PC, the led indicators work fine, I can turn them on and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FelixTheFrCat, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Keyboard LED indicators for Num and CapsLock stop working once Windows boots up.

Sorry if this isn't the right place to post, but this is really annoying. When I turn on my PC, the led indicators work fine, I can turn them on and off, but as soon as Windows 10 boots up, they turn off and don't turn back on. I then need to unplug and replug the keyboard to the PC for them to work again.

Mind you that the actual functions still work. I can still turn CapsLock and NumLock on and off, it's just the lights that don't work.

How do I fix this?

submitted by /u/FelixTheFrCat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FelixTheFrCat, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Pam P_266 Win User

No CapsLock indicator on keyboard Desktop 900

The Wireless Desktop 900 does not have a CapsLock LED indicator (nor does it have a NumLock LED indicator). How can one address this as sometimes, what one types is not visible e.g. passwords . Frustrating and sometimes one gets locked out. Thank you

Pam P_266, Mar 4, 2020
  3. heyoheyo Win User
    heyoheyo, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Keyboard LED indicators for Num and CapsLock stop working once Windows boots up.

keyboard num lock stopped working in Windows 10

Windows 10. During the week of August 16th keyboard num lock stopped working. I have 3 computers and all three have the same problem. When I activate num lock key my screen turns black for 1-3 seconds and returns to prior screen before activating num
    lock. When num lock is activated only the /, * , - , + and Enter keys work. I have changed out my wireless keyboard for a USB keyboards and no difference of being able to use the numeric keys. I have removed any programs added during the month of August ,
    no change of num lock.

Has anyone have the same problem or know how to getting the numeric keys to activate.

LWell

Changing the title

Old title – NUM LOCK

New title –
    keyboard num lock stopped working in Windows 10

LeeWellman, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard LED indicators for Num and CapsLock stop working once Windows boots up.

1. Keyboard LED indicators for Num and CapsLock stop working once Windows boots up. - Similar Threads - Keyboard LED indicators

2. Num Lock disabled once Windows completes booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Num Lock disabled once Windows completes booting up: Hi,I have enabled num lock in BIOS. During the boot process, I can see the LED indicating num lock is on, until Windows completes booting and present the log on screen. Now the LED is off.Regedit showedHKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\KeyboardInitialKeyboardIndicators =...
  3. Num Lock disabled once Windows completes booting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Num Lock disabled once Windows completes booting up: Hi,I have enabled num lock in BIOS. During the boot process, I can see the LED indicating num lock is on, until Windows completes booting and present the log on screen. Now the LED is off.Regedit showedHKEY_USERS\.Default\Control Panel\KeyboardInitialKeyboardIndicators =...
  4. LED INDICATOR ON KEYBOARD STOPPED WORKING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LED INDICATOR ON KEYBOARD STOPPED WORKING: Hello, I have 2 LED indicators on my keyboard, one is at Caps Lock and the other one is at Num Lock, Both stopped working after I installed the newest update on win 10, Is there any way to turn it back on? The keyboard is clean and okay, And 7 Months old. Im using a laptop,...
  5. LED INDICATOR ON KEYBOARD STOPPED WORKING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LED INDICATOR ON KEYBOARD STOPPED WORKING: Hello, I have 2 LED indicators on my keyboard, one is at Caps Lock and the other one is at Num Lock, Both stopped working after I installed the newest update on win 10, Is there any way to turn it back on? The keyboard is clean and okay, And 7 Months old. Im using a laptop,...
  6. NO keyboard or mouse working once windows boots up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NO keyboard or mouse working once windows boots up: After switching on my computer, all USB ports become inactive once the computer boots up. If I go into BIOS, they are working fine and responding but not once booted up and windows has appeared. This seems to be a common problem and most solutions expect the keyboard or mouse...
  7. NO keyboard or mouse working once windows boots up

in Windows 10 Customization
    NO keyboard or mouse working once windows boots up: After switching on my computer, all USB ports become inactive once the computer boots up. If I go into BIOS, they are working fine and responding but not once booted up and windows has appeared. This seems to be a common problem and most solutions expect the keyboard or mouse...
  8. capslock-num lock notification problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    capslock-num lock notification problem: [ATTACH] yesterday my pc started to give me notification about caps lock num lock on the bottom right side of the screen. the real problem is when I'm playing games and i accidentally press capslock the game goes down I'm using SteelSeries apex 350 keyboard and I'm using...
  9. KEYBOARD NUM LOCK FUNCTION STOPPED WORKING

KEYBOARD NUM LOCK FUNCTION STOPPED WORKING: Num Lock function on Microsoft Natural Keyboard stopped functioning. Have tried various troubleshooting recommendations. But problem still not resolved. How do I get the Num Lock function working again?...
  10. keyboard num/caps/scrl lock leds off

keyboard num/caps/scrl lock leds off: After a clean win 10 pro install, the leds don't come on until I unplug/plug the keyboard.Tried uninstalling board, usb, disabling fast start. No luck. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-numcapsscrl-lock-leds-off/a82ddd9d-2169-4bb4-bc9b-1474f9480d7a