Windows 10: Keyboard lets go of shift and ctrl keys

Discus and support Keyboard lets go of shift and ctrl keys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If I hold down shift and type a key; CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcccccccccccccccc the shift will let go after a second. I plugged by keyboard into a mac and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Craggles, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Craggles Win User

Keyboard lets go of shift and ctrl keys

If I hold down shift and type a key;

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCcccccccccccccccc

the shift will let go after a second. I plugged by keyboard into a mac and its fine there so it must be a windows issue?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Craig

:)

Craggles, Mar 21, 2016

2. ctrl shift keys holding tablet virtual keyboard

What do you mean? Example? If you're talking about using the Touch keyboard (TK) do you have its Extended keyboard option enabled? Otherwise, you could at least run the OSK (osk.exe) and use its keys to give them to whatever other window has keyboard
    focus. For example, I just "tapped" Ctrl Shift Esc on the OSK to open Task Manager while focus was in the Taskbar.

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Mar 21, 2016
  3. ctrl shift keys holding tablet virtual keyboard

If you're thinking of the TK I think the smallest I can get it would be to toggle it into the Handwriting bar and not docked.

Do you have Multi-touch and two fingers? They probably think that you can press them both at the same time. Otherwise you could try enabling Sticky Keys.

Good luck

Robert

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Mar 21, 2016
Thema:

Keyboard lets go of shift and ctrl keys

1. Keyboard lets go of shift and ctrl keys - Similar Threads - Keyboard lets shift

2. Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt + Shift / Ctrl + Shift / Windows key + Space not working: Version : Windows 10 ProThe problem is I can't use alt + shift to change my input language.I have tried methods like- changing language input hotkey- ctfmon thing- restarting computerand it still doesn't fix my problem.Also my language bar is missing too. I have set it to...
  3. ctrl and shift key are not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ctrl and shift key are not responding: No matter I press it, it will not respond on my desktop. I tried to use it on different device, and it works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-and-shift-key-are-not-responding/bec2272c-8a84-45d9-8e9a-bbe579a7303c
  4. ctrl and shift key are not responding

ctrl and shift key are not responding: No matter I press it, it will not respond on my desktop. I tried to use it on different device, and it works fine. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ctrl-and-shift-key-are-not-responding/bec2272c-8a84-45d9-8e9a-bbe579a7303c
  5. ctrl and shift key are not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working: I've been using Windows 10 at home for a couple years. I use numerous keyboard combinations that involve CTRL+SHIFT. For example: CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste text without formattingCTRL+SHIFT+T to reopen a closed tab in Google ChromeCTRL+SHIFT+E to export photos in Adobe Lightroom...
  7. CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working

CTRL+SHIFT keyboard combos not working: I've been using Windows 10 at home for a couple years. I use numerous keyboard combinations that involve CTRL+SHIFT. For example: CTRL+SHIFT+V to paste text without formattingCTRL+SHIFT+T to reopen a closed tab in Google ChromeCTRL+SHIFT+E to export photos in Adobe Lightroom...
  8. Shift and CTRL key switched places

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shift and CTRL key switched places: Hello, i'm writing this because i have a problem with both my Shift key and my CTRL key. For some reasons, they switched places, to select certain files, i have to hold CTRL and click the files i want, while with my Shift key, when i already selected a file, and click on...
  9. Keyboard shift key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shift key: I have a problem. I originally installed Black Desert Online and afterwards I was unable to use my shift key with the numbers 1-4 and 7-0. It worked with all other keys except for these and thats a problem since I need the at symbol. I uninstalled the game and found out I...
  10. KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    KEYBOARD KEYS(shift,ctrl not working): All the function keys are not working .It is happening since a month that laptop keyboard keys are not working.External keyboard when connected works good...