Windows 10: Keyboard letter G and H acting weird.

Discus and support Keyboard letter G and H acting weird. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone My latop is an HP Pavilion 13 I am having issues on my computer when I type specific letters, in my case G and H. For whatever... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by alvy0114, Jul 29, 2020.

1. alvy0114 Win User

Keyboard letter G and H acting weird.

Hello everyone

My latop is an HP Pavilion 13

I am having issues on my computer when I type specific letters, in my case G and H.
    For whatever reason on the cortana search bar when I write for example "Defragment", it suddenly closes after typing "Defra". Same thing happens with the H key.

Then i noticed that In powershell the same thing happens. After typing the letter G, everything I typed gets deleted.

It happened on a virtual machine as well.

Lets say i press the G button now outside of this text, It makes my system unresponsive for example when i click on "Type here to search" it tries to open it but closes suddenly, I have to click another letter to make it work again.

I really think it has to do with those two keys G and H because thats when it happens, except for example when I write here, it works just fine on text I guess.

Then i tried using virtual keyboard and it works smoothly with no problems. It seems like these specific keys are acting as a Close command or something . They act like they are preventing me from opening or working on things auto erasing everything I type and freezing the apps.

Today I used youtube and when I type a word with the letter G or H it stops and wont let me continue typing. I have to do the same thing click another letter for example D and then everything starts working again.

It acts as if its crashing the system and closing for example any window open when I click on the key G or H

Thank you very much in advance for your help.

Note: I recently updated to version 2004, updated keyboard drivers, restarted etc.

:)

alvy0114, Jul 29, 2020

2. Space, Alt, Del, letter g and h do not work

Did you play with filter key settings? When?

As a first measure I would check if the problem persists

• in Safe Mode (press F8 at boot time to enter Safe Mode)
    • with a borrowed external USB keyboard.

Frederik Long, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Keyboard acting weird

I installed an external keyboard to my laptop. It is a logitech K220. It was working perfectly for\cn1`h 4-5 months and now it acts strange. I press a key and something else happens. For example the following is shown pressing the letter "ρ" .

ρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρψν1`\ψν1`ρψν1`\1`\'ρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρρψν1`\ψ<η]\`'ρψν1`\\'πψν1`\ρρρρρρρρρρ

I already deleted and reinstalled the device, same with languages, change batteries and disabled Hot keys. I use windows 10 and the keyboard is still in perfect condition. Also the problem is not always present as you can see.

demetrisdemetris, Jul 29, 2020
  4. Keyboard letter G and H acting weird.

Keyboard problems extra letters when I type g, t, h and y

Since 12/9/16 when Windows 10 was updated, I get extra letters when I type g, t, h and y

LindaCarrey, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard letter G and H acting weird.

1. Keyboard letter G and H acting weird. - Similar Threads - Keyboard letter acting

2. keyboard acts weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard acts weird: my keyboard became barely functional a i was using it some keys work but some dont like t can only be typed once and A sometimes opens the calculator and i cant delete since omething unless its highlighted first. typing this with on screen keyboard, already ran a troubleshoot...
  3. keyboard acts weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard acts weird: my keyboard became barely functional a i was using it some keys work but some dont like t can only be typed once and A sometimes opens the calculator and i cant delete since omething unless its highlighted first. typing this with on screen keyboard, already ran a troubleshoot...
  4. Keyboard acting weird.

Keyboard acting weird.: Hi, recently my keyboard began glitching out specifically with the key "H". I have to press really hard for it to actually register the input, im not sure if its a keyboard problem or a driver problem. Any help is appreciated!...
  5. Keyboard acting weird.

Keyboard acting weird.: Hi, recently my keyboard began glitching out specifically with the key "H". I have to press really hard for it to actually register the input, im not sure if its a keyboard problem or a driver problem. Any help is appreciated!...
  6. Keyboard is acting weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard is acting weird.: Hello, I am having an issue with my keyboard. No matter what I try I can't get it to work right! These are the laptop specs, incase it helps. Processor IntelR PentiumR Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  7. Keyboard is acting weird.

Keyboard is acting weird.: Hello, I am having an issue with my keyboard. No matter what I try I can't get it to work right! These are the laptop specs, incase it helps. Processor IntelR PentiumR Silver N5000 CPU @ 1.10GHz 1.10 GHz Installed RAM 4.00 GB System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based...
  8. Keyboard is acting weird.

9. Keys G and H acting weird on my laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Keys G and H acting weird on my laptop.: Hello everyone My latop is an HP Pavilion 13 I am having issues on my computer when I type specific letters, in my case G and H. For whatever reason on the cortana search bar when I write for example "Defragment", it suddenly closes after typing "Defra". Same thing...
  10. Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problems with Keyboard keys "G" and "H": Hi! I'm having problems with my laptop keyboard keys. Whenever I press G or H when I'm typing it deletes all the other things I typed. Also when i press g and h i can't drag or move any icons or windows and it doesn't go back to normal after pressing the windows key. This...