Windows 10: Keyboard letters and numbers suddenly and temporarily stop working in most windows.

Discus and support Keyboard letters and numbers suddenly and temporarily stop working in most windows. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has been happening to me for 2 weeks in a row, I haven't installed any new applications and have been working only with chrome I don't have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Renzo B, May 4, 2021.

1. Renzo B Win User

Keyboard letters and numbers suddenly and temporarily stop working in most windows.

This has been happening to me for 2 weeks in a row, I haven't installed any new applications and have been working only with chrome I don't have Firefox installed. It is really annoying.Punctually in my case, without prior warning or increased consumption of computer capacity, both letters and numbers on the keyboard suddenly stop "working", but all the other keys do work control, tab, shift, enter, F5, ESC, Pg Up, etc. even combinations like "Control + C", "Control + V" and even "Control Z" work. After a few minutes it varies from time to time, and without warning the operation returns

:)

Renzo B, May 4, 2021
  2. Mark Isi Win User

keyboard stopped working after bootup in windows 10

Hi Thomas,

There may be a number of reasons why a keyboard would suddenly stop functioning properly. Kindly provide answers to the information listed below, so we could further assess on this issue:

• Are you getting any error messages that could pertain to your keyboard?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Are there any noticeable physical damages on the keyboard?
    • Is the keyboard connected to the PC wired or wireless?
    • Does this issue happen intermittently, or all the time?
    Please advise. We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, May 4, 2021
  3. moskal91 Win User
    NumLock Turns Letters Into Numbers on Desktop Computer

I had the same problem, it seems that it happens only with several keyboards.
    Finally I solved it this way (sorry, but I've got Polish language set):

Now find something like "Standard keyboard device" on the drivers list, install it (click Yes in the compatibility warning window) and check if keyboard is still working.

If so - reboot Your computer and enjoy fixed keyboard without letters turning into numbers.

If not - revert driver back and try another one.

moskal91, May 4, 2021
  4. vmishka Win User

Keyboard letters and numbers suddenly and temporarily stop working in most windows.

Keyboard stopped working under Windows 10

I have an iMac dual booting Mac OSX and Windows 10 under Bootcamp. I have the normal iMac wireless keyboard.

Windows has been running normally for several years since the day I got the computer. Windows 10 has been running normally since the day I was able to automatically download it in August.

Today, my keyboard stopped working under Windows 10. I am writing this from the Mac side. The keyboard works perfectly and the battery power is 100% under Mac OSX.

When I boot to my Windows partition (which is the default) I have to use the keyboard to sign-in under Windows. The keyboard works fine for sign-in! Then, as soon as I get to my desktop, the keyboard stops working entirely. No key produces a letter. The cursor doesn't move. I hear a click in my headset when a key is pressed, but nothing happens.

The mouse works. If I reach the hardware and devices portion of the control panel, as far as I can tell things the keyboard device says it is working properly. I remember a wireless keyboard listed and a bluetooth keyboard and something called an HID device. Windows reports that they are working properly. I managed to open the troubleshooter using the mouse only and it couldn't find a problem.

I have turned the computer off and on several times.

Would someone be so kind as to suggest how I can find and fix the problem.

Thank you.

vmishka, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Keyboard letters and numbers suddenly and temporarily stop working in most windows. - Similar Threads - Keyboard letters numbers

2. Sometimes my keyboard stop working only letter and number keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes my keyboard stop working only letter and number keys: I am using Asus laptop for my work, and sometimes my keyboard doesn't work. Oddly, only the letter and number keys didn't work. Other keys such as space bar, arrows, tab, Enter, etc. work normally. I always use an external keyboard, and when this problem occurs, both of my...
  3. Sometimes my keyboard stop working only letter and number keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes my keyboard stop working only letter and number keys: I am using Asus laptop for my work, and sometimes my keyboard doesn't work. Oddly, only the letter and number keys didn't work. Other keys such as space bar, arrows, tab, Enter, etc. work normally. I always use an external keyboard, and when this problem occurs, both of my...
  4. Sometimes my keyboard stop working only letter and number keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard: So as the title of this post says , some letters and numbers on my keyboard won't work i.e I can type the numbers and letters b , c , l , 3 but not a , 1 or 2I've tried reinstalling the keyboard's drivers , uninstalled them , turned off sticky keys but with no result. Could...
  6. WIN10 - Keyboard Bluetooth & Notebook-Keyboard stop working but only letters and numbers...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 - Keyboard Bluetooth & Notebook-Keyboard stop working but only letters and numbers...: I have searched this problem on several sites, but didn't get any problem solving suggestions. Suddenly the keyboard stops working, it happens often the last time. Letter and numbers are not working. Either on browser or other applications. I am even not able to login into...
  7. WIN10 - Keyboard Bluetooth & Notebook-Keyboard stop working but only letters and numbers...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10 - Keyboard Bluetooth & Notebook-Keyboard stop working but only letters and numbers...: I have searched this problem on several sites, but didn't get any problem solving suggestions. Suddenly the keyboard stops working, it happens often the last time. Letter and numbers are not working. Either on browser or other applications. I am even not able to login into...
  8. WIN10 - Keyboard Bluetooth & Notebook-Keyboard stop working but only letters and numbers...

9. Letters and numbers stop working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Letters and numbers stop working: Hi there!So i have this problem where sometimes, out of nowhere, my windows computer suddenly stops taking numbers and letters input.This will last for about 3 mins and then go away again for quite some time like 2 hours before doing it again.I know it has nothing to do with...
  10. Keyboard stop working only letter and number

Keyboard stop working only letter and number: Good morning,in my laptop and also my desktop it happened already 2 times that the keyboard stop working except for alt+tab combination windows button enter etc.. only the letters and number doesn't work. Anyone had the same problem ? couldnt find any info on the web...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. letters and numbers not working on keyboard

2. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

3. keyboard letters and numbers not working

4. letters on computer keyboard stop working sudenky