Windows 10: keyboard lights

Discus and support keyboard lights in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I nearly complained to the ebay seller who sold me my illuminated keyboard as the three leds for caps /num lock etc did not work. Then I noticed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tinmar49, Nov 22, 2014.

1. tinmar49 Win User

keyboard lights

I nearly complained to the ebay seller who sold me my illuminated keyboard as the three leds for caps /num lock etc did not work. Then I noticed a brief mention somewhere on this forum about kb lights not working. I switched to W7 and the kb lights are ok (the backlighting always worked) so there is a kb driver fault in the latest build.

:)

tinmar49, Nov 22, 2014
  2. pdab Win User

C6-00 keyboard light not working....

Hi,

There are light sensors in the C6-00, the keyboard light will switch on only when the sensors sense that the phone/ keyboard is in dark place.. if there is sufficient light (or light falling on the sensors) then the keyboard light doesnt glow.

Hope this helps!

3. aet419 Win User
    E72 Light sensor

when it detect enough light, it dim keyboard light and brighter screen light. When it detect less light, it dim screen and brighter keyboard light.

aet419, Nov 22, 2014
  4. waffler Win User

keyboard lights

I also have same problem will try on Win 7

waffler, Nov 24, 2014
  5. Sorry I didn't respond earlier -- but I just noticed that they keyboard lights on my Logitech Illuminated keyboard do not work with the latest Win10TP build. I know they worked in previous builds, and they work fine in Windows 7 and Win 8.1.

I went to the Logitech site, downloaded and installed the latest SetPoint, rebooted -- and no change. Keyboard lights still don't work in the latest Win10TP build!

Mark Phelps, Nov 28, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    It's been reported and mentioned before in the forum. The next build should address this issue.

BunnyJ, Nov 28, 2014
  7. It was mentioned in the MS Insider forums -- and the response there was to (1) check the keyboard on another machine (to confirm it works), and (2) to update the keyboard drivers to the latest.

I know it works on this machine with the other OSs I'm using, and I have the latest driver installed both in Win10TP and in Win8.1.

I'm presuming that, at some point, Logitech is going to step up to this and release a new driver version that will work with Win10 -- but that's probably not going to be until after RTM.

So, here's hoping you are right and that this gets "fixed" in the Consumer Preview.

Mark Phelps, Nov 28, 2014
  8. davehc Win User

keyboard lights

Don't blame Logitech. I have two different models of keyboard, plus a couple of dell laptops. The lights are not working on any of them. I think we must point the fingers at the OS.
    I appreciate that one reason the hardware people get early builds, is to correct incompatibility, but to slam the whole lot looks to me like a programming fault inthe build(s)

davehc, Nov 29, 2014
  9. Barman58 Win User
    I don't think you can blame either Microsoft or Logitech for this type of "Fault"

Keyboard illumination is a bells & whistles feature, not a core function of the keyboard, (not suggesting it's not a useful Feature), and so Microsoft's core driver should not need to support it, (partly because a different manufacturer would be free to implement this feature in a different way).

From a Logitech point of view it's too soon in the preview time-line to be sure that the Keyboard functionality in the OS is fixed, and so it makes technical and commercial sense to wait a while, probably at a time when RTM is announced but before the shrinkwraps reach the stores *Smile

Barman58, Nov 29, 2014
  10. CountMike New Member
    I have literary dozen of KBs and on none of them signal lights for Capslock or Numlock light up.

CountMike, Nov 29, 2014
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    FWIW, I'm using a Corsair K40 keyboard and the lights work just fine. Even without the software installed the keyboard lights up and with it it works just like it's supposed to. The only "issue" is the NumLock indicator is off but that's really not a big deal since it's on when I boot up.

Jeff

Keyboard in question:

keyboard lights [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Nov 29, 2014
  12. We're not talking about the keyboard backlights -- the ones that illuminate the keys. I have an Illuminated keyboard and those work just fine. We're talking about the notification lights -- the ones that turn on when Num Lock and Caps Lock are pressed. Those do NOT work in Win10TP current build.

As to whether or not they are a "core function" -- in my view, they ARE such functions -- just as when I select "Drive" in my automatic transmission in my car, a little light goes on in the dashboard to indicate that has been selected.

In my view, "bells and whistles" in keyboards are things like programming special keys, key combinations, or macros.

Mark Phelps, Nov 29, 2014
  13. Barman58 Win User

keyboard lights

Hi Mark,

I class the indicator lights as a non core function or "Bells and Whistles" as I have owned and or used more than one keyboard, mainly Wireless, that do not have any indication lamps fitted. these Keyboards were fully functional in that I could type on them and the correct characters, showed on the screen. If the manufacturer driver was used you would see a temporary on screen pop-up indication if you used the windows driver you got nothing *Smile

Barman58, Nov 29, 2014
  14. tinmar49 Win User
    Doe's anyone remember whether the lights worked with the previous two builds?

tinmar49, Nov 30, 2014
  15. BunnyJ New Member
    Yes, the current issue is only with build 9879.

BunnyJ, Nov 30, 2014
Thema:

keyboard lights

1. keyboard lights - Similar Threads - keyboard lights

2. No keyboard back light.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No keyboard back light.: No keyboard back light. New HP Win11 laptop. Spent all morning trying with and without Fn key + multiple others as suggested on net. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-keyboard-back-light/75bceaf4-5044-46f5-ac8c-96565fa717a3
  3. No keyboard back light.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No keyboard back light.: No keyboard back light. New HP Win11 laptop. Spent all morning trying with and without Fn key + multiple others as suggested on net. Nothing worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-keyboard-back-light/75bceaf4-5044-46f5-ac8c-96565fa717a3
  4. Keyboard back-light not turning on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard back-light not turning on: Acer Aspire laptop keyboard back-light doesn't turn on when keyboard is touched. Any solution please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-back-light-not-turning-on/ccfb87a6-5c2b-4cce-b3db-1ebf3a2bd000
  5. Keyboard back-light not turning on

Keyboard back-light not turning on: Acer Aspire laptop keyboard back-light doesn't turn on when keyboard is touched. Any solution please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-back-light-not-turning-on/ccfb87a6-5c2b-4cce-b3db-1ebf3a2bd000
  6. I have a lenovo laptop and my keyboard keys have no light how do i get it on ive tried...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a lenovo laptop and my keyboard keys have no light how do i get it on ive tried...: I have a Lenovo laptop and my keyboard keys have no light how do i get it on I've tried everything. How do i get the keys to have a light in the background of them?...
  7. I have a lenovo laptop and my keyboard keys have no light how do i get it on ive tried...

I have a lenovo laptop and my keyboard keys have no light how do i get it on ive tried...: I have a Lenovo laptop and my keyboard keys have no light how do i get it on I've tried everything. How do i get the keys to have a light in the background of them?...
  8. How do I turn off the keyboard back light for my laptop? Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off the keyboard back light for my laptop? Windows 11: I've tried windows mobility center, the option isn't included there. And no, I'm not asking how to press the Fn button while pressing the backlight key. I want to know how to turn off led backlight on startup, and permanently if possible. Have tried looking for options in...
  9. How do I turn off the keyboard back light for my laptop? Windows 11

How do I turn off the keyboard back light for my laptop? Windows 11: I've tried windows mobility center, the option isn't included there. And no, I'm not asking how to press the Fn button while pressing the backlight key. I want to know how to turn off led backlight on startup, and permanently if possible. Have tried looking for options in...
  10. Weird app similar to cmd popped up and keyboard and mouse lights kept flickering and...

Weird app similar to cmd popped up and keyboard and mouse lights kept flickering and...: I installed parsec and when i opened it that window similar to cmd i dont know if it was actually cmd bc i didnt really look at it much appeared and my mouse and keyboard kept turning on and off for a couple of seconds....