Windows 10: Keyboard lock out ?

Discus and support Keyboard lock out ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This is a odd one. with a um infected key board. you get a black screen and the cap lock will not light. i put the game store hard drive in the back up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by felinerabbit, May 2, 2020.

1. Keyboard lock out ?

This is a odd one.
    with a um infected key board. you get a black screen and the cap lock will not light. i put the game store hard drive in the back up computet, same make modle! yes it works and it was not the operating sys (but that works to). it workt ok for two times. then black screen againe. so its the hard drive that kills the keyboard. a back up key board works. so i lost a hard drive and two keyboards.

any one know any thing about this?
    not usb keyboards and old. old hard drive to.
    M5A 8l-m mother board.

:)

felinerabbit, May 2, 2020
  2. Mark Ole Win User

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, May 2, 2020
  3. Update after 9a.m. locked keyboard MS10 windows

Hi,

We would like to know more about the issue. Please provide the following information:

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far regarding with your mouse?
    • Have you tried to update or reinstall the latest driver for your keyboard? How about to unplug then plug the keyboard from the computer?
    Furthermore, we suggest for you to do these steps on how to turn off filter keys on Windows 10:

• Click Start and then Settings.
    • Go to Ease of access.
    • Select Keyboard in the left pane.
    • Turn off Filter Keys on the right pane.

We will look forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, May 2, 2020
  4. Keyboard lock out ?

Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard lock out ?

1. Keyboard lock out ? - Similar Threads - Keyboard lock

2. Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Input Stuttering and Input Locking: I am having 2 similar issues involving my keyboard: When doing normal tasks typing documents, searching through YouTube, etc. my keyboard inputs stutter, when I type a full word the cursor freezes for a second then updates and inputs all of the previous letters I typed....
  3. Keyboard Locked and Laptop won’t turn back on!!!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard Locked and Laptop won’t turn back on!!!: So my cat walked over the keyboard of my laptop and locked it. Trying to unlock them didnt work so I went ti restart as this worked last time she did it. I accidentally clicked ‘shut down’ though and now it wont turn back on. Does anyone have any advice?...
  4. How to get Windows 10 to go to Sleep using an external keyboard when Windows 10 is locked

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to get Windows 10 to go to Sleep using an external keyboard when Windows 10 is locked: Hi I have Windows 10 with the latest patch 1909. I have my laptop MSi GE62 Apache set to not go to Sleep when I close the lid, I have the lid closed, and I have 2 external monitors connected. I just replaced my USB keyboard. The previous USB keyboard was from HP. It has...
  5. Keyboard lock out ?

Keyboard lock out ?: This is a odd one. with a um infected key board. you get a black screen and the cap lock will not light. i put the game store hard drive in the back up computet, same make modle! yes it works and it was not the operating sys (but that works to). it workt ok for two times....
  6. Virtual Keyboard Pops Up at Lock Screen Despite Being Disabled After Digital Tablet...

Virtual Keyboard Pops Up at Lock Screen Despite Being Disabled After Digital Tablet...: I have exactly the same issue as Colxie had a few months ago in the thread, "On screen keyboard appears at login screen after installing xp pen graphic tablet drivers", right down to the brand of digital tablet, but that thread has been locked and the solution did not work...
  7. Lock FN key - Entertainment 7000 keyboard

Lock FN key - Entertainment 7000 keyboard: Hello, I would like to know how to lock FN key in the Microsot Entertainment 7000 keyboard. I tried pressing at same time FN + CapsLock but it didn't work It only changes the status of the Caps Lock. The key works properly if i keep it pressed when i'm using it. I've...
  8. Keyboard Locked Up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Locked Up: I have a Lenovo Windows 10 laptop. I turned on my laptop and my keyboard will not type. I've tried restarting the computer, uninstalling the keyboard, holding the shift key, etc., and it is still not working. The laptops Caps Lock and Number Lock have lights on them, and even...
  9. Locked letters on keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked letters on keyboard: i am unable to log in to my computer as the letters on the keyboard are locked. The figure keys are ok. I am using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-letters-on-keyboard/5ce1afb7-7445-4864-a312-66de7ff78d27
  10. The "up" arrow or key is locked when using anything Not a Keyboard or mouse issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    The "up" arrow or key is locked when using anything Not a Keyboard or mouse issue: Hello, I've been browsing the net trying to find a fix for this, but I have yet to find any good information. Note: I was using VNC/No machine before this occurred for work purposes, just in case this is a culprit for anything. Whenever I hit the windows key and try and...