Windows 10: Keyboard&Lock-Screen

Discus and support Keyboard&Lock-Screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; i can't type my PIN by keyboard. so i have to open the on-screen keyboard. i think my keyboard have problem, but no. Then I could come in my computer... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by I'mDyDy, Jun 27, 2020.

1. I'mDyDy Win User

Keyboard&Lock-Screen

i can't type my PIN by keyboard. so i have to open the on-screen keyboard. i think my keyboard have problem, but no. Then I could come in my computer and I very suprise that everything is going well. my keyboard still run with anything like I'm typing now. So the problem in here is keyboard just can't be run in the lock-screen. Please tell me what I can do now ???

:)

I'mDyDy, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 27, 2020
  3. goosmurf Win User
    Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

The first suggestion is not helpful since the problem is that we have many open programs stuck behind the lock screen.

I have run into this problem and tried the On-screen keyboard but it does not help.

An additional data point is that it does not matter what password is entered.

Enter correct password -> spinner shows up, after about 30 seconds the spinner goes away and the screen remains locked.

Enter blank password (simply hit Enter) -> same behaviour as above.

The behaviour is the same whether using physical or On-screen keyboards.

goosmurf, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Keyboard&Lock-Screen

Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard&Lock-Screen

1. Keyboard&Lock-Screen - Similar Threads - Keyboard&Lock Screen

2. My New Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Won't Connect Because My Computer Is In Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My New Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Won't Connect Because My Computer Is In Lock Screen: I lost my old mouse and keyboard in a recent move, and had to buy new ones.I purchased a CASA Pop-Up Desk keyboard and a Pop Mouse both by Logitech.Both are turned on and functional; I tested them with my Mac laptop just to make sure. But I cannot for the life of me figure...
  3. My New Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Won't Connect Because My Computer Is In Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My New Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Won't Connect Because My Computer Is In Lock Screen: I lost my old mouse and keyboard in a recent move, and had to buy new ones.I purchased a CASA Pop-Up Desk keyboard and a Pop Mouse both by Logitech.Both are turned on and functional; I tested them with my Mac laptop just to make sure. But I cannot for the life of me figure...
  4. My New Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse Won't Connect Because My Computer Is In Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Toggle on screen keyboard button on lock screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Toggle on screen keyboard button on lock screen: [ATTACH] Hi guys, like the image. I had this on screen keyboard on a windows 7 touch screen panel. And I need it to do the same on a windows 10 build. However going into the settings I only get a floating keyboard and it this one where it's integrated onto the screen...
  6. Lock screen's on-screen keyboard too small

Lock screen's on-screen keyboard too small: The display I'm using is already small, 800x480, and the on-screen keyboard that comes up on the lock screen / sign in screen is way too small. Another screen I have of the same size has the keyboard fill the width of the screen and I need this screen to do the same. I have...
  7. Lock screen's on-screen keyboard too small

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock screen's on-screen keyboard too small: The display I'm using is already small, 800x480, and the on-screen keyboard that comes up on the lock screen / sign in screen is way too small. Another screen I have of the same size has the keyboard fill the width of the screen and I need this screen to do the same. I have...
  8. Lock screen's on-screen keyboard too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. I can not enter A1B2C3 at lock screen, because my keyboard layout is in the other language

I can not enter A1B2C3 at lock screen, because my keyboard layout is in the other language: I can not enter A1B2C3 at lock screen, because my keyboard layout is in the other language and I can not change in any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-enter-a1b2c3-at-lock-screen-because-my/b05c4a97-3ce2-4ee8-9df6-9f98704f18d0
  10. I can not enter A1B2C3 at lock screen, because my keyboard layout is in the other language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not enter A1B2C3 at lock screen, because my keyboard layout is in the other language: I can not enter A1B2C3 at lock screen, because my keyboard layout is in the other language and I can not change in any way https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-not-enter-a1b2c3-at-lock-screen-because-my/b05c4a97-3ce2-4ee8-9df6-9f98704f18d0