Windows 10: keyboard macro to mute a application

Discus and support keyboard macro to mute a application in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hey im looking is there a way to bind a macro to mute a application with out a 3rd party software if you know a way please let me know :) submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Elliot_Ross, Feb 21, 2021.

1. keyboard macro to mute a application

hey im looking is there a way to bind a macro to mute a application with out a 3rd party software if you know a way please let me know keyboard macro to mute a application :)

submitted by /u/Elliot_Ross
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Elliot_Ross, Feb 21, 2021

2. Mouse and keyboard center macros take ages for first run

Hi David,

I understand your concern, I’ll be glad to assists you. I suggest you to clear the
    FilterKeys and check if it helps.

• Type Ease of Access Center in the search box.
    • Select make the keyboard easier to use.
    • Click to clear Turn on Filter Keys, or adjust the settings to a quicker rate.
    • Close the Window.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to remove and re add the macros.

https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/en-us/support/how-to/keyboard/macros

Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Ez Macros or any other Macro program

Hi Brian,

The issue is quite unclear and too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/issues in Macro. To have a better understanding of your concern, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Are you referring on using macros on Excel? If yes, what is the version of your Office?
    • What exact application are you using when using macros? Where did you download it?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message?

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Feb 21, 2021
  4. KurtBucy Win User

keyboard macro to mute a application

How to mute the microphone with a keyboard shortcut?

Do you have a Microsoft keyboard or mouse? Then you could write macros for them. Ditto for other major manufacturers. Otherwise, I think you might be restricted to using SendKeys() in a script. For example, one keyboard shortcut sequence that would do
    what you want would be to open Mobility Center and click its Mute button (Win-x b, Alt-M)

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

I do have a Microsoft keyboard and mouse. I don't see any options to mute a mic in the controls and I don't see window mobility center within windows 10 ver1703. How would I write macros for my Microsoft keyboard to mute the mic?

KurtBucy, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

keyboard macro to mute a application

1. keyboard macro to mute a application - Similar Threads - keyboard macro mute

2. Volume mixer not muting applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer not muting applications: When I want an app to not play any audio, I go to the volume mixer and set its volume to zero. However this is not muting the app anymore, and when backing out of and re-entering the volume mixer, the volume is set to somewhere lower than the previous setting, but not...
  3. Volume mixer not muting applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume mixer not muting applications: When I want an app to not play any audio, I go to the volume mixer and set its volume to zero. However this is not muting the app anymore, and when backing out of and re-entering the volume mixer, the volume is set to somewhere lower than the previous setting, but not...
  4. Keyboard macro help requested

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard macro help requested: I want to record this exact sequence of keystrokes, and then launch the playback of the sequence with a shortcut with an assigned hotkey combination, making this a one-click operation instead of a 4-key sequence: Winkey + b menu key (context menu key) up arrow key Enter I...
  5. Microsoft mouse and Keyboard Center Macro Does not work with some specifics applications

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft mouse and Keyboard Center Macro Does not work with some specifics applications: Hi, I have an issue with the Microsoft mouse and keyboard control center shortcuts which doesn't work with some specifics applications as the Windows task manager and other apps. For example, if I configure a key combination on the middle button click to reduce all the app...
  6. How do I stop my stupid keyboard from muting my mic with its preset macros?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop my stupid keyboard from muting my mic with its preset macros?: Got a Red Dragon K556 keyboard. Pressing "Fn" with any F1-12 key mutes my microphone. The only way to fix it is to go to Settings>Sound>Microphone properties>Levels, and unmute it from there. It especially sucks because "Fn+F2 to 4" controls my volume, so everytime I want to...
  7. How to pair Keyboard+Mouse for Macros

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to pair Keyboard+Mouse for Macros: Hi there, what is the best way, 3rd party software to create macros for my Logitech G Pro Mouse and Anne Pro 2 keyboard? Both have dedicated software for macros, rgb shit etc... Looking for some good software with delay-wait feature. Thanks 127941
  8. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Shortcut Keys Macro/Macros functionality (keyboard centre...

Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Shortcut Keys Macro/Macros functionality (keyboard centre...: Has anyone heard if Microsoft have updated software to be able to map keys to text input macros? Many users of assistive input tech. require these functions to overcome disabilities and repetitive strain injury. Have we made any progress? The old natural keyboard (with...
  9. Applications Being Muted by other Applications on Bluetooth Headphones

Applications Being Muted by other Applications on Bluetooth Headphones: Hello Everyone, I'm having a really annoying and weird problem with audio on Windows 10, and that's every time I'm playing audio on my Bluetooth headphones (Skullcandy Hesh 2 Wireless) on Spotify or YouTube etc. and I open up a game or some regular apps in Windows, the...
  10. Keyboard Macros

Keyboard Macros: I have a das keyboard - DASK4MKPROCI - that I am using with a Microsoft 10 platform. I want to write some simply keyboard macros. The Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center does not support a DAS Keyboard. Are there any options to create macros for use with this combination?...