Windows 10: Keyboard makes other characters when typing pressing certain keys

Discus and support Keyboard makes other characters when typing pressing certain keys in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i recently bought a new keyboard but now it is makin-g a - signevery time i press these keys zxcvbnm,.- what do i do there has been- -no water damage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AndersKJ, Apr 22, 2021.

1. AndersKJ Win User

Keyboard makes other characters when typing pressing certain keys

i recently bought a new keyboard but now it is makin-g a - signevery time i press these keys zxcvbnm,.- what do i do there has been- -no water damage or anything else since i got it is it hardware or software issue please help :

:)

AndersKJ, Apr 22, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Unable to type certain characters using Nepali keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to type few characters using the Nepali keyboard. I’ll certainly assist you with this.

Upon researching, I found that certain characters can be typed using the
    Shift and AltGr keys. You may want to give it a try and see if that helps. You can also have a look at the
    Nepali keyboard layout to get a better idea about the characters.

However, we always appreciate our customer’s feedback, and your feedback and suggestions are very important to us. Hence, I suggest you to provide your valuable feedback and ideas in our
    Feedback Hub, where our developers
    can look into the requests and constantly improve the features of Windows.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 22, 2021
  3. DylanMika Win User
    Certain programs make my computer act as if certain keys are pressed down

Hello,

Recently, I've been having a very strange issue: while running certain programs, my computer suddenly begins to act as if certain keys on my keyboard are being pressed. In the beginning, it acted as though the CTRL key was pressed (ex: pressing "w" executes
    the "CTRL + w" command). Now, it acts as though my "c" and "v" keys are being pressed (when typing, a string of cs and vs are rapidly typed across the screen). Opening the onscreen keyboard confirms that my computer thinks that the keys are being pressed.
    Only restarting my pc temporarily fixes the issue. Here's what I've done to try to remedy it:

• press both CTRL keys for 15 seconds
    • turn off sticky keys, toggle keys, and filter keys
    • switch out my keyboard
    • plug my keyboard into a different usb port
    • uninstall and reinstall my keyboard drivers
    • hold CTRL + Shift for 15 seconds
    • reinstall windows
    • run system file checker
    • enter safe mode
    • uninstall and reinstall all of my usb drivers
    • check for malware

The problem with the CTRL key happened no matter what program I was using, but the problems with the c and v keys have only started while playing a game. Any help in fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

DylanMika, Apr 22, 2021
  4. ravama Win User

keyboard probelm on certain characters

the characters ' " and ^ is not displayed on screen when the key is pressed once. when the key is pressed twice there are two characters being displayed. the same situation when using another usb keyboard or using the screen keyboard. the usb keyboard
    works fine in another computer.

ravama, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Keyboard makes other characters when typing pressing certain keys - Similar Threads - Keyboard makes characters

2. My keyboard types two characters at once when pressing a number

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard types two characters at once when pressing a number: Today i noticed this problem when i was typing a message, the other number keys work fine but 4,5,8, and 9 keys are the ones that has a problem. Whenever i press 4 or 5 once it inputs both 4 and 5 at once even if i just press 4 or just 5, and when i press the 8 key it types...
  3. My keyboard types two characters at once when pressing a number

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard types two characters at once when pressing a number: Today i noticed this problem when i was typing a message, the other number keys work fine but 4,5,8, and 9 keys are the ones that has a problem. Whenever i press 4 or 5 once it inputs both 4 and 5 at once even if i just press 4 or just 5, and when i press the 8 key it types...
  4. Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard drops key presses characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard drops key presses characters: I have two Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboards. One is over three years old, one is just under a month old. I have experienced problems with both of these keyboards dropping key presses across multiple platforms, including an i7 Windows 10 Acernote, an i3 Windows 7 Dell Desktop, and a...
  5. Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard drops key presses characters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard drops key presses characters: I have two Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboards. One is over three years old, one is just under a month old. I have experienced problems with both of these keyboards dropping key presses across multiple platforms, including an i7 Windows 10 Acernote, an i3 Windows 7 Dell Desktop, and a...
  6. External Keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed: My keyboard only types when multiple keys are pressed, tried unplug and plug the usb, tried it on another device and works properly. im on a laptop and the laptop keyboard is working....
  7. Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard types nothing when pressing the ' / @ key: I have searched everywhere on the internet for fixes like changing the language settings keyboard settings, driver updates and resets and Im still stuck without a button for these characters. Even stranger is that if I convert to US qwerty, my keyboard will use SHIFT+2 as...
  8. Computer will type out characters for keys I am not pressing

Computer will type out characters for keys I am not pressing: I just got a new hard drive and installed Windows 10 Home on it. For the last 2 days after being on for awhile it started to type out a lot of 1s. I am almost positive this is from my number pad because when I turn num lock off it would jump to the end of the page. Yesterday...
  9. Certain keys not registering when pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain keys not registering when pressed: Both my a and f keys don't seem to registrar when I click them so I wonder if there is anything to be done. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-keys-not-registering-when-pressed/cb3b3ba9-261c-405a-a03e-4991414e6a49
  10. keys not making characters

keys not making characters: My keys 5, 6, T, and Y on the keyboard and 6, 9, and the character "+" are not working on my keypad. Any suggestions? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keys-not-making-characters/8754d4e4-3ce4-4300-bed7-2a80a087f720