Windows 10: Keyboard malfunction (inbuilt keyboard)

Discus and support Keyboard malfunction (inbuilt keyboard) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone! I'll try to put this simple as possible. After some hours rest, I turned on my MSI PS42 8rb Prestige (Windows 10 - Version 1803 - Build... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanielBernal2, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Keyboard malfunction (inbuilt keyboard)

Hi everyone!

I'll try to put this simple as possible. After some hours rest, I turned on my MSI PS42 8rb Prestige (Windows 10 - Version 1803 - Build 17134.858) and the keyboard stopped to work properly; some keys don't work as supposed to do. It's not a matter of keyboard language. For example, the number keys are working on this way:

Key -> "What's doing"
    1 -> (open help)
    2 -> type: <82
    3 -> type: 93
    4 -> type: 04
    5 -> type: 5 in a text box (if there is one in the current window)
    6 -> type: i6
    7 -> type: k7
    8 -> type: <82
    9 -> type: 93
    0 -> type: 04

Additional info:
    1. The only unusual thigh that I did after turn off my laptop was that I used a laptop cleaning spray and clean all key board with it and a towel.
    2. I already verified the drivers, restarted the laptop, verified that there are not dust or something like that on the keyboard (I didn’t dissemble the keyboard).

3. Until now, the only solution I have found, an external keyboard.

4. I did a factory reset but the keyboard is still not working.

5. If I try a test like (http://keyboardchecker.com/), pressing number 2 key, three keys are highlighted.

Keyboard malfunction (inbuilt keyboard) 3b628e58-9c18-4725-b8d5-8a2de41151db?upload=true.png

Any comment or solutions about this problem?

Thanks in advance!!

:)

DanielBernal2, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Keyboard Malfunction

We appreciate the information you provided. This issue might be caused by a mismatched driver for your keyboard or pointing device. We suggest to Roll Back the driver by following the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X, and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboards category, right-click the keyboard device, and select
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver. This will restore your old driver.
    • Restart your PC.
    If you don’t want to roll back the driver you can try disabling the pointing device by:

• Right side of task bar
    • Click the pointing device symbol (looks like a laptop mouse)
    • Right click
    • Then click on Disable
    Note: You might need to do it every time you power your device.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Keyboard Malfunction

Hello,

To assist you with your concern in your keyboard, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Keyboard malfunction (inbuilt keyboard)

keyboard malfunction

In most cases such phenomena are caused by a faulty keyboard but since you report that you tried different keyboards, you might have a hardware problem. To confirm this, I suggest you do this:

1. Create a Windows 10 bootable USB flash disk by running the command RecoveryDrive.exe. Do NOT copy the system files!
    2. Use this disk to boot your own Win7 PC into Windows Repair Mode.
    3. Open a Command Prompt and see if the problem persists.

Frederik Long, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard malfunction (inbuilt keyboard)

1. Keyboard malfunction (inbuilt keyboard) - Similar Threads - Keyboard malfunction inbuilt

2. keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard malfunction: I bought a Lenovo v14-ikb type-81ya windows 10 home os , it's been not over a year that the keyboard started to malfunction , I have updated all the drivers yet in vain some keys like n,h,m,y,u6,7 doesn't work at once but when tapped multiple times it registers the keys and...
  3. keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard malfunction: I bought a Lenovo v14-ikb type-81ya windows 10 home os , it's been not over a year that the keyboard started to malfunction , I have updated all the drivers yet in vain some keys like n,h,m,y,u6,7 doesn't work at once but when tapped multiple times it registers the keys and...
  4. Keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard malfunction: how can i disable my inbuilt keyboard ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-malfunction/33fce3f9-5d43-4be8-8678-1d8f254ad7d0
  5. Keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard malfunction: When pressing the windows key the computer suddenly shutdown, onscreen keyboard works, how can I the keyboard to its original function?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-malfunction/625080ec-1b8e-4f45-b753-ceac079b631e
  6. Keyboard Malfunction

Keyboard Malfunction: So I have two keyboards, Razer Ornata and a HyperX alloy, both keyboards will randomly open shortcuts and stop typing. they do it randomly and whenever. I have to restart my PC every time this happens to fix it, anyone got any idea why this is happening. I've changed USB...
  7. Keyboard Malfunctioning

Keyboard Malfunctioning: So recently I let my nephew and niece use my computer and I don't know what they clicked but it messed up my keyboard. It works completely fine until I hit the enter key and then it goes completely haywire. Keys begin to get stuck and then the keyboard no longer will work....
  8. Keyboard malfunction

Keyboard malfunction: My keyboard suddenly began malfunctioning and everytime I hit the backspace button, this appears- l-90iuop+æl-90iuop+æl- My windows button also started not working. Any suggestions?...
  9. Keyboard malfunctioning

Keyboard malfunctioning: some keys are not working, but the troubleshooter says normal. tried auto driver update for keyboard, but says driver is already updated to latest one. I have tried connecting external keyboard but those same keys weren't working; so the problem lies inside! now typing on...
  10. Keyboard malfunction

Keyboard malfunction: my keyboard is malfunctioning. Every time I type "a" or "s" both appear as "sa". Im currently using auto correct to type this message. Any advice on what can be done to resolve this problem? Example; I need to hesad to the gsasa satsation to refuel my csar...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard malfunction windows 10 laptop