Windows 10: Keyboard malfunction or remapped

Discus and support Keyboard malfunction or remapped in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Laptop: Msi GP627RDFew keys are working properly.Esc, E, V, Y, [, Alt, Tab.Pressing 'E' also presses 'Esc'.Pressing 'V' combines with '[' and come as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Phani SankaraA, May 25, 2021.

1. Keyboard malfunction or remapped

Laptop: Msi GP627RDFew keys are working properly.Esc, E, V, Y, [, Alt, Tab.Pressing 'E' also presses 'Esc'.Pressing 'V' combines with '[' and come as 'v[' and if caps on '[' changed to '{'.Pressing 'Y' also presses 'Alt'.'Alt+Tab' don't change windows, only 'Tab' shows all opened windows.External keyboard works fine and also on-screen keyboard works fine.Tried reinstalling drivers 'standard PS/2 Keyboard'.All laptop's regional language, region, keyboard language all set to India.

:)

Phani SankaraA, May 25, 2021

2. External keyboard keys remapped

Hi, some keys on my external keyboard that I use with my laptop have been remapped.

They have been remapped like this:

2 remapped to Insert

3 remapped to Home

4 remapped to 'W'

5 remapped to Delete

I tried the laptop's inbuilt keyboard and there are no issues whatsoever. I don't know if it is a software or hardware issue.

AbelBenoie, May 25, 2021
  3. Keyboard remapping

I don't think it's possible to remap the keyboard keys. At least there are not built in applications to do that.

Linley Meslier, May 25, 2021
  4. Keyboard malfunction or remapped

Keyboard Remap and Macro

(Windows 10 Pro)
    I need a recommendation for software that will ...
    1. allow me to remap a few keys on my keyboard
    2. one of them is the Windows Key
    3. allow me to create keyboard macros
    I keep hearing about sharpkeys but doesn't sound like it can create macros. I am hoping I can get the job done with a single program.
    Any suggestions? Thx, Henry Fiddler

Henry TFiddler, May 25, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard malfunction or remapped

1. Keyboard malfunction or remapped - Similar Threads - Keyboard malfunction remapped

2. remapping a single keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    remapping a single keyboard: my laptops number pad has a different layout to my usb keyboard, I'd like to remap my laptop keyboard but not my usb keyboard may be both active at oncepowertoys can't do thiswindows 11 proudly has thousands of features I don't want. can microsoft implement this feature I do...
  3. remapping a single keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    remapping a single keyboard: my laptops number pad has a different layout to my usb keyboard, I'd like to remap my laptop keyboard but not my usb keyboard may be both active at oncepowertoys can't do thiswindows 11 proudly has thousands of features I don't want. can microsoft implement this feature I do...
  4. Keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard malfunction: When pressing the windows key the computer suddenly shutdown, onscreen keyboard works, how can I the keyboard to its original function?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-malfunction/625080ec-1b8e-4f45-b753-ceac079b631e
  5. Remapping keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remapping keyboard keys: Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not (please let me know if there's a better sub), but I 'm trying to remap one of the keys on my keyboard since it doesn't seem to be working properly. Basically, I found a keyboard that someone had tossed out and I...
  6. Keyboard malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard malfunctioning: some keys are not working, but the troubleshooter says normal. tried auto driver update for keyboard, but says driver is already updated to latest one. I have tried connecting external keyboard but those same keys weren't working; so the problem lies inside! now typing on...
  7. Remap Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remap Keyboard: I installed the new Powertoys from Microsoft and I was able to remap the F7 key the way I wanted to. I would like to know if there is a way to remap the function keys with a second mapping maybe Ctrl F7 for example, also is is possible to map something like ctrl L to do...
  8. Keyboard remapped

Keyboard remapped: my key next to spacebar has been remapped(deleted) and doesnt do anythung https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-remapped/9aadb5df-cf96-44ec-926d-bbfdd1bfb1fc
  9. Remapping keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remapping keyboard keys: I am using a virtual desktop software (Team viewer) to control my pc from my mac. i would like to know whether it is possible to remap keyboard keys on the windows side, specifically the apple CMD key to the windows control key. thanks....
  10. Keyboard remapping

Keyboard remapping: Hi, I'm new to computers in general and have recently bought a laptop with Windows10. I find the right hand shift key hard to reach and often press the PgUp key instead. Is there any way of swapping these keys around? TIA...