Windows 10: Keyboard malfunction while start-up/restart.

Discus and support Keyboard malfunction while start-up/restart. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having some problem with my laptop/windows start-up. Whenever I boot or restart my windows a keyboard malfunction happens. Some key(s) from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tvc.mridul, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Keyboard malfunction while start-up/restart.

I'm having some problem with my laptop/windows start-up. Whenever I boot or restart my windows a keyboard malfunction happens. Some key(s) from the keyboard remains pressed(physically not) and the mouse cursor constantly blinks in the desktop till I physically press any key in the laptop keyboard. This makes my pc freeze and I cannot properly do anything till I press any key. Sometimes the pc does not take any pin/passwords in the Log In screen or we can say it does not accepts keyboard input. It is happening from 5-6 days. I need help. This is really annoying.

My laptop model number- ASUS A541U

:)

tvc.mridul, Sep 30, 2018
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Keyboard Malfunction

We appreciate the information you provided. This issue might be caused by a mismatched driver for your keyboard or pointing device. We suggest to Roll Back the driver by following the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X, and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboards category, right-click the keyboard device, and select
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver. This will restore your old driver.
    • Restart your PC.
    If you don’t want to roll back the driver you can try disabling the pointing device by:

• Right side of task bar
    • Click the pointing device symbol (looks like a laptop mouse)
    • Right click
    • Then click on Disable
    Note: You might need to do it every time you power your device.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Anne Fuj Win User
    Keyboard malfunction

Hi Ashish,

Keyboard malfunction can be caused by several reasons. One possible reason for this is software incompatibility. Let's find out what's really causing this.

First, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter for drivers. This ensures that your device gets the latest driver updates through Windows updates. Here are the steps:

• Click the Start button, enter "Windows Update" in the search box, and then, in the list of results, select
      Windows Update.
    • In the left pane, select Check for updates.
    • On the Select the updates you want to install page, look for updates for your device, select the check box for the driver that you want to install, and then click
      OK. There might not be any available driver updates.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Install updates. Windows Update will tell you if the updates were successfully installed.

Second, if a driver is found, we recommend that you download and install the driver yourself. To do that:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select
      Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Third, make sure that your language settings is English (United States) and your Country/region is in the United Sates. To check that:

• Press Windows key + I.
    • Select Time & language, and click Region & language.
    • Under Country or region, select United States.
    • Under Languages, choose English (United States).

Once done, kindly restart your device and see if we're able to resolve the issue.

Update us with the result, so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Keyboard malfunction while start-up/restart.

Keyboard is malfunctioning in Windows 10

Hi Abhijeet,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Did the keyboard worked properly before installing the update (KB3081424)?
    • Have you tried to connect the external keyboard?
    • Is the system connected to domain?

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Update the keyboard drivers

1) Press Windows + R keys on the Keyboard.

2) Type devmgmt.msc in the Open text box.

3) Expand Keyboard from the window.

4) Right- click on the drivers and select
    update driver software

5) Follow the onscreen instruction to update to the latest drivers.

If the issue still persists, then perform the above steps again up to
    step 4 and you may try to right click on keyboard drivers and select
    Uninstall. Then reboot the laptop and check whether the keyboards drivers are installed.

If the issue still persists, follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to follow the below steps to install the latest driver updates through Windows updates and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Open the Start menu and type
      Windows
      update in the search bar.
    • Click on Windows update and
      Check for the updates
    • Download and install if there are any pending updates to be installed.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 3:

Boot the computer in Safe Mode and place the computer in Clean Boot and check if the issue persists.

Step 1:

Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. Startup programs don't run in safe mode, and only the basic drivers needed to start Windows are installed.

I would suggest you to try the steps in the below Microsoft help article on How to Boot into Safe mode.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-startup-settings-safe-mode

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Step 2:

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

I would suggest you to refer the below Microsoft help article on How to Perform Clean boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

The steps for Windows 8.1 applies well to Windows 10 also.

Disclaimer: Please reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot by referring above article.

If the issue still persists, then contact the device manufacturer to download the latest keyboard drivers and check if it helps.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad
    to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard malfunction while start-up/restart.

1. Keyboard malfunction while start-up/restart. - Similar Threads - Keyboard malfunction while

2. Windows start up malfunction

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows start up malfunction: Hi everyone i dont know that is wrong with my laptop i just turned it on this morning and it is stuck on a loop of black start up screen saying preparing automatic repair but it continues to show it again and again with the same screen appearinf after some time of restarting...
  3. Windows start up malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows start up malfunction: Hi everyone i dont know that is wrong with my laptop i just turned it on this morning and it is stuck on a loop of black start up screen saying preparing automatic repair but it continues to show it again and again with the same screen appearinf after some time of restarting...
  4. Windows start up malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games.: I had this problem a while back and it recently resurfaced a couple of days ago. Basically, what happens is that whenever I am using my keyboard to complete non-gaming related tasks on my ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop, it works perfectly and there are no problems. Whenever I boot up...
  6. Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games.

Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games.: I had this problem a while back and it recently resurfaced a couple of days ago. Basically, what happens is that whenever I am using my keyboard to complete non-gaming related tasks on my ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop, it works perfectly and there are no problems. Whenever I boot up...
  7. Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games: Hi,I'm having issues with my S key only while playing games for some reason. I have to mention that I have had this issue before but it just stopped being an issue for a few months until recently it started malfunctioning again. Basically what happens is my S key starts...
  8. Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games

Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games: Hi,I'm having issues with my S key only while playing games for some reason. I have to mention that I have had this issue before but it just stopped being an issue for a few months until recently it started malfunctioning again. Basically what happens is my S key starts...
  9. Keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard malfunction: When pressing the windows key the computer suddenly shutdown, onscreen keyboard works, how can I the keyboard to its original function?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-malfunction/625080ec-1b8e-4f45-b753-ceac079b631e
  10. Keyboard malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard malfunctioning: some keys are not working, but the troubleshooter says normal. tried auto driver update for keyboard, but says driver is already updated to latest one. I have tried connecting external keyboard but those same keys weren't working; so the problem lies inside! now typing on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard and mouse in my pc got malfunction after i restart it.