Windows 10: Keyboard malfunction?

Discus and support Keyboard malfunction? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a used computer. The previous owner had reset it to its factory settings. After setting it up I noticed that a majority of the keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cecastillo2001, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Keyboard malfunction?

I recently bought a used computer. The previous owner had reset it to its factory settings. After setting it up I noticed that a majority of the keys wouldn't function correctly or at all. Such as, J opening the windows feedback hub, D selecting any text I've managed to somehow type. Spacebar serving as a right click. At first I thought it was the keyboard malfunctioning or something so I switched with another one only to see the same things happen. Both keyboard work properly on another computer I have. Changing ports does nothing. The only way I've managed to type correctly is with the onscreen keyboard. I've checked to see if the driver needed an update but it tells me it's up to date.

:)

cecastillo2001, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Keyboard Malfunction

We appreciate the information you provided. This issue might be caused by a mismatched driver for your keyboard or pointing device. We suggest to Roll Back the driver by following the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X, and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboards category, right-click the keyboard device, and select
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver. This will restore your old driver.
    • Restart your PC.
    If you don’t want to roll back the driver you can try disabling the pointing device by:

• Right side of task bar
    • Click the pointing device symbol (looks like a laptop mouse)
    • Right click
    • Then click on Disable
    Note: You might need to do it every time you power your device.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Keyboard Malfunction

Hello,

To assist you with your concern in your keyboard, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Keyboard malfunction?

Keyboard malfunction

Hi,

We'd like to know more about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Have you tried using an external keyboard? If so, did you experience the same issue?

Charianne Per, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard malfunction?

1. Keyboard malfunction? - Similar Threads - Keyboard malfunction

2. Malfunctioning of touch pad and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Malfunctioning of touch pad and keyboard: Hello, I have Lenovo G40-70, winfdows 10 Recently I have been observing a strange behavior. The delete button doesn't work when I press it, but at randomly. Then it doesn't stop deleting the text until it deletes everything in the text box. Initially thought hardware button...
  3. Keyboard malfunction after Windows 10 update 1903

Keyboard malfunction after Windows 10 update 1903: I had a troubled update to 1903 but the final run was without any issue or warnings. But couple of days later my keyboard started malfunctioning. Observations: Can see the taskbar buttons highlighted one by one. Same with options of any other application windows opened....
  4. keyboard input /output malfunction

in Cortana
    keyboard input /output malfunction: Hi, I have issues with my keyboard input an output and after trouble shooting, it brought this notice "Text Services Framework is not running "and as a result I can't use keyboard in vendor apps(cortana,search windows, Films&Tv,Photos,Window Settings etc). Looking forward to...
  5. Keyboard malfunction (inbuilt keyboard)

Keyboard malfunction (inbuilt keyboard): Hi everyone! I'll try to put this simple as possible. After some hours rest, I turned on my MSI PS42 8rb Prestige (Windows 10 - Version 1803 - Build 17134.858) and the keyboard stopped to work properly; some keys don't work as supposed to do. It's not a matter of keyboard...
  6. Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions: Sometimes but not always, when I try to log on to admin account, the password is not accepted. I have gotten it to work after entering it 5 times - I was told maybe keyboard is sick but it works for my standard account log on so don't think it is. System only 5 months old....
  7. Headset Sound Distortion, Keyboard Malfunctions, Other Malfunctions

Headset Sound Distortion, Keyboard Malfunctions, Other Malfunctions: OS: Windows 10 64-bit MB: MSI Z77 Mpower Keyboard: Dell (Generic) Headset: Plantronics Gamecom 780 Symptoms: Sound from the headset will occasionally distort with a buzzing timbre regardless of currently running application. Headset will stop producing sound and...
  8. Linx 12x64 | 5 pin keyboard malfunction

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Linx 12x64 | 5 pin keyboard malfunction: Hi everyone I bought the Linx 12x64 12.5'' Tablet + Keyboard Cover a year ago from the Microsoft Store, and a couple of months back some keyboard keys stopped working. I have tried cleaning the keys and formatting the tablet. I think it is a hardware issue. What are your...
  9. Keyboard malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard malfunctioning: Hello community Recently, I have found that whenever I hit certain keys on my keyboard, any active application closse. Even when I try to type into the windows search area, it doesn't respond, and closes also. Other times when i hit the "h" or "g" key, it brings up a...
  10. bluetooth driver problem with Windows 10 update causing malfunction in keyboard for my ASUS...

bluetooth driver problem with Windows 10 update causing malfunction in keyboard for my ASUS...: After the October 2018 Windows 10 update the Bluetooth keyboard on my ASUS T100CHI randomly disconnects every 1 to 120 seconds. It can be reconnected by a few different methods but one of the easiest is to click on setting, devices, Bluetooth. Then it starts working for...