Windows 10: Keyboard malfunction?

Discus and support Keyboard malfunction? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a used computer. The previous owner had reset it to its factory settings. After setting it up I noticed that a majority of the keys... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cecastillo2001, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Keyboard malfunction?

I recently bought a used computer. The previous owner had reset it to its factory settings. After setting it up I noticed that a majority of the keys wouldn't function correctly or at all. Such as, J opening the windows feedback hub, D selecting any text I've managed to somehow type. Spacebar serving as a right click. At first I thought it was the keyboard malfunctioning or something so I switched with another one only to see the same things happen. Both keyboard work properly on another computer I have. Changing ports does nothing. The only way I've managed to type correctly is with the onscreen keyboard. I've checked to see if the driver needed an update but it tells me it's up to date.

:)

cecastillo2001, Sep 5, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Keyboard Malfunction

We appreciate the information you provided. This issue might be caused by a mismatched driver for your keyboard or pointing device. We suggest to Roll Back the driver by following the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X, and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboards category, right-click the keyboard device, and select
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver. This will restore your old driver.
    • Restart your PC.
    If you don’t want to roll back the driver you can try disabling the pointing device by:

• Right side of task bar
    • Click the pointing device symbol (looks like a laptop mouse)
    • Right click
    • Then click on Disable
    Note: You might need to do it every time you power your device.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Keyboard Malfunction

Hello,

To assist you with your concern in your keyboard, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Keyboard malfunction?

Keyboard malfunction

Hi,

We'd like to know more about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Have you tried using an external keyboard? If so, did you experience the same issue?

Charianne Per, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard malfunction?

1. Keyboard malfunction? - Similar Threads - Keyboard malfunction

2. Keyboard Malfunction upon installation of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Malfunction upon installation of Windows 11: Hello, I need your assistance. I use a HP folio 9480m, since I installed windows 11, some of the keys on the keyboard aren't working. Keys such as R, enter, I, and others aren't working unless I use the onscreen keyboard which is very stressful especially when I have a lot to...
  3. Keyboard Malfunction upon installation of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Malfunction upon installation of Windows 11: Hello, I need your assistance. I use a HP folio 9480m, since I installed windows 11, some of the keys on the keyboard aren't working. Keys such as R, enter, I, and others aren't working unless I use the onscreen keyboard which is very stressful especially when I have a lot to...
  4. Malfunctioning keyboard in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malfunctioning keyboard in Win 11: After migrating to Win 11 my Redragon keyboard is not working properly. To type one letter the key should be pressed for more than 3 seconds. This happens only in win11. I can enter Win key to load Win 11 normally....
  5. Malfunctioning keyboard in Win 11

Malfunctioning keyboard in Win 11: After migrating to Win 11 my Redragon keyboard is not working properly. To type one letter the key should be pressed for more than 3 seconds. This happens only in win11. I can enter Win key to load Win 11 normally....
  6. Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games.: I had this problem a while back and it recently resurfaced a couple of days ago. Basically, what happens is that whenever I am using my keyboard to complete non-gaming related tasks on my ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop, it works perfectly and there are no problems. Whenever I boot up...
  7. Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games.

Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games.: I had this problem a while back and it recently resurfaced a couple of days ago. Basically, what happens is that whenever I am using my keyboard to complete non-gaming related tasks on my ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop, it works perfectly and there are no problems. Whenever I boot up...
  8. Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games: Hi,I'm having issues with my S key only while playing games for some reason. I have to mention that I have had this issue before but it just stopped being an issue for a few months until recently it started malfunctioning again. Basically what happens is my S key starts...
  9. Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games

Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games: Hi,I'm having issues with my S key only while playing games for some reason. I have to mention that I have had this issue before but it just stopped being an issue for a few months until recently it started malfunctioning again. Basically what happens is my S key starts...
  10. Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!

Surface Type Cover keyboard malfunctioning!: My Surface Pro 5 type cover keyboard is suddenly malfunctioning. Pressing “c” turns up the screen brightness f2 and tries to launch Cortana. Pressing “enter”shows screen brightness without increasing or decreasing it, then returns $ and carriage return. I can no longer use my...