Windows 10: Keyboard malfunction

Discus and support Keyboard malfunction in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My keyboard suddenly began malfunctioning and everytime I hit the backspace button, this appears- l-90iuop+æl-90iuop+æl- My windows button also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AuthenticThomas, Sep 16, 2020 at 2:32 PM.

1. Keyboard malfunction

My keyboard suddenly began malfunctioning and everytime I hit the backspace button, this appears-

l-90iuop+æl-90iuop+æl-

My windows button also started not working. Any suggestions?

:)

AuthenticThomas, Sep 16, 2020 at 2:32 PM

2. keyboard malfunction

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issue of keyboard malfunctioning. Please follow the below to fix the issue.

Step 1:

Go to the Search box next to Windows Icon & type Troubleshoot.

Step 2:

Under Find and Fix other problems select Keyboard

Step 3:

Then click on Run the Troubleshooter

Step 4:

Restart the PC

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Sep 16, 2020 at 2:46 PM
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Keyboard Malfunction

We appreciate the information you provided. This issue might be caused by a mismatched driver for your keyboard or pointing device. We suggest to Roll Back the driver by following the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X, and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboards category, right-click the keyboard device, and select
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver. This will restore your old driver.
    • Restart your PC.
    If you don’t want to roll back the driver you can try disabling the pointing device by:

• Right side of task bar
    • Click the pointing device symbol (looks like a laptop mouse)
    • Right click
    • Then click on Disable
    Note: You might need to do it every time you power your device.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

4. Keyboard malfunction

Keyboard malfunction

Hi,

We'd like to know more about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Have you tried using an external keyboard? If so, did you experience the same issue?

Charianne Per, Sep 16, 2020 at 2:46 PM
Thema:

Keyboard malfunction

1. Keyboard malfunction - Similar Threads - Keyboard malfunction

2. My laptop keyboard and touchpad have been malfunctioning lately. The character "/" keeps on...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop keyboard and touchpad have been malfunctioning lately. The character "/" keeps on...: Till now I have tried the following; 1. Uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad and keyboard drivers. 2. Disabling the "/" key but it still types randomly. 3. Connecting an external keyboard but the issue still persists. 4. Resetting the device but kept all files...
  3. Keyboard malfunctioning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keyboard malfunctioning: Some keys of my keyboard stop working and also automatically type those keys. When I open my laptop after 10 to 15 days those keys works perfectly and other key start malfunctioning. I have McAfee and scan it but don't get any information about virus. Is there any virus who...
  4. keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard malfunction: mouse begins to move when the f key is pressed either on the keyboard or onscreen keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-malfunction/ec5b49fe-848c-455b-b7bf-70a56378d5bd
  5. Malfunction of wireless mouse, device driver for keyboard

Malfunction of wireless mouse, device driver for keyboard: 1. My wireless mouse scrolls up and down in wrong direction even after resetting and disconnecting and reconnecting. The problem persists when I use the mouse in another PC. I am using windows 10. 2. I am using multimedia keyboard at the ps2 port. Multimedia functions of...
  6. Malware/Virus Attack on system, malfunctioning Keyboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware/Virus Attack on system, malfunctioning Keyboard: Hello there, Need help. Yesterday I was using a pen drive for some file sharing on my laptop. After I insert the pen drive and opened it, all of a sudden my system started behaving abnormally. A lot of windows opened automatically reducing screen brightness, and enable...
  7. keyboard malfunctioning

keyboard malfunctioning: when i type t it type as t5 when i type y it type as y6 when i type 4 it type as 46 when i type _ it type as {_ when i type - it type as [- when i press backspace it turn off laptops screen i have done following : troubleshooting of keyboard task scheduler ->...
  8. Keyboard malfunction

Keyboard malfunction: After resetting my PC, my keyboard startled malfunctioning and there has not been any accident for this to be a hardware problem. I can't uninstall my keyboard drivers because there's an error message that appears when booting that would require me to use the keyboard. I need...
  9. Keyboard and Mouse Malfunction

Keyboard and Mouse Malfunction: I own a Dell 5500 Series laptop and I have Windows 10 operating system. Recently I bought a Dell wireless keyboard and mouse and after a month of using it I started to face keyboard and mouse Malfunctioning issue. These are few things that I have been facing for some time...
  10. Keyboard malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard malfunctioning: some keys are not working, but the troubleshooter says normal. tried auto driver update for keyboard, but says driver is already updated to latest one. I have tried connecting external keyboard but those same keys weren't working; so the problem lies inside! now typing on...