Windows 10: keyboard malfunction

Discus and support keyboard malfunction in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; everything works on my keyboard except for the q,w,e,r,t,y,u,i,o,p buttons . im using the onscreen keyboard so excuse the mistakes . please help.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AW03, Nov 9, 2020.

1. AW03 Win User

keyboard malfunction

everything works on my keyboard except for the q,w,e,r,t,y,u,i,o,p buttons . im using the onscreen keyboard so excuse the mistakes . please help. im using a window 10 hp touchscreen laptop .

:)

AW03, Nov 9, 2020

2. keyboard malfunction

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issue of keyboard malfunctioning. Please follow the below to fix the issue.

Step 1:

Go to the Search box next to Windows Icon & type Troubleshoot.

Step 2:

Under Find and Fix other problems select Keyboard

Step 3:

Then click on Run the Troubleshooter

Step 4:

Restart the PC

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Nov 9, 2020
  3. Keyboard malfunction

My keyboard suddenly began malfunctioning and everytime I hit the backspace button, this appears-

l-90iuop+æl-90iuop+æl-

My windows button also started not working. Any suggestions?

AuthenticThomas, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

keyboard malfunction

Keyboard Malfunction

We appreciate the information you provided. This issue might be caused by a mismatched driver for your keyboard or pointing device. We suggest to Roll Back the driver by following the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X, and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboards category, right-click the keyboard device, and select
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver. This will restore your old driver.
    • Restart your PC.
    If you don’t want to roll back the driver you can try disabling the pointing device by:

• Right side of task bar
    • Click the pointing device symbol (looks like a laptop mouse)
    • Right click
    • Then click on Disable
    Note: You might need to do it every time you power your device.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

keyboard malfunction

1. keyboard malfunction - Similar Threads - keyboard malfunction

2. mouse and keyboard malfunctions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse and keyboard malfunctions: my pc suddenly opens "how to get help in windows" in my browser every time i click my mouse or press a button in my keyboard. and when i type something in the address bar it suddenly transfer to the tab that has been opened automatically with same "get some help browser". i...
  3. mouse and keyboard malfunctions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse and keyboard malfunctions: my pc suddenly opens "how to get help in windows" in my browser every time i click my mouse or press a button in my keyboard. and when i type something in the address bar it suddenly transfer to the tab that has been opened automatically with same "get some help browser". i...
  4. mouse and keyboard malfunctions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Keyboard malfunctioning, no response while playing games on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard malfunctioning, no response while playing games on PC: Some of the keys in my keyboard does not respond immediately after I press when playing some of the video games. I’m using a Microsoft Surface Pro 9, and the problem occured recently. For example, sometimes I could not press the “d” and the “s” keys, and if I want those keys...
  6. Keyboard malfunctioning, no response while playing games on PC

Keyboard malfunctioning, no response while playing games on PC: Some of the keys in my keyboard does not respond immediately after I press when playing some of the video games. I’m using a Microsoft Surface Pro 9, and the problem occured recently. For example, sometimes I could not press the “d” and the “s” keys, and if I want those keys...
  7. Keyboard Malfunction upon installation of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Malfunction upon installation of Windows 11: Hello, I need your assistance. I use a HP folio 9480m, since I installed windows 11, some of the keys on the keyboard aren't working. Keys such as R, enter, I, and others aren't working unless I use the onscreen keyboard which is very stressful especially when I have a lot to...
  8. Keyboard Malfunction upon installation of Windows 11

Keyboard Malfunction upon installation of Windows 11: Hello, I need your assistance. I use a HP folio 9480m, since I installed windows 11, some of the keys on the keyboard aren't working. Keys such as R, enter, I, and others aren't working unless I use the onscreen keyboard which is very stressful especially when I have a lot to...
  9. Malfunctioning keyboard in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malfunctioning keyboard in Win 11: After migrating to Win 11 my Redragon keyboard is not working properly. To type one letter the key should be pressed for more than 3 seconds. This happens only in win11. I can enter Win key to load Win 11 normally....
  10. Malfunctioning keyboard in Win 11

Malfunctioning keyboard in Win 11: After migrating to Win 11 my Redragon keyboard is not working properly. To type one letter the key should be pressed for more than 3 seconds. This happens only in win11. I can enter Win key to load Win 11 normally....