Windows 10: Keyboard malfunctioning

Discus and support Keyboard malfunctioning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello community Recently, I have found that whenever I hit certain keys on my keyboard, any active application closse. Even when I try to type into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KevinVantus, Nov 22, 2018.

1. Keyboard malfunctioning

Hello community

Recently, I have found that whenever I hit certain keys on my keyboard, any active application closse. Even when I try to type into the windows search area, it doesn't respond, and closes also.

Other times when i hit the "h" or "g" key, it brings up a shutdown dialog box.

I can't use my browser, file explorer and basically any other applications. But it does work fine when i try to enter my password.

I use a Lenovo B50-10 laptop PC. Been using it for almost 3 years now and it's the first time I've encountered anything like this. I have no idea what is wrong.

I'll be very grateful for any help I can get. Thanks.

:)

KevinVantus, Nov 22, 2018
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Keyboard Malfunction

We appreciate the information you provided. This issue might be caused by a mismatched driver for your keyboard or pointing device. We suggest to Roll Back the driver by following the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X, and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboards category, right-click the keyboard device, and select
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver. This will restore your old driver.
    • Restart your PC.
    If you don’t want to roll back the driver you can try disabling the pointing device by:

• Right side of task bar
    • Click the pointing device symbol (looks like a laptop mouse)
    • Right click
    • Then click on Disable
    Note: You might need to do it every time you power your device.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Nov 22, 2018
  3. Keyboard Malfunction

Hello,

To assist you with your concern in your keyboard, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided on the link below:

Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Stephanie Sal, Nov 22, 2018
  4. Keyboard malfunctioning

Keyboard malfunction

Hi,

We'd like to know more about this concern. Please answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes on the computer before you encountered this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • Have you tried using an external keyboard? If so, did you experience the same issue?

Charianne Per, Nov 22, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard malfunctioning

1. Keyboard malfunctioning - Similar Threads - Keyboard malfunctioning

2. Keyboard malfunctioning, no response while playing games on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard malfunctioning, no response while playing games on PC: Some of the keys in my keyboard does not respond immediately after I press when playing some of the video games. I’m using a Microsoft Surface Pro 9, and the problem occured recently. For example, sometimes I could not press the “d” and the “s” keys, and if I want those keys...
  3. Keyboard malfunctioning, no response while playing games on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard malfunctioning, no response while playing games on PC: Some of the keys in my keyboard does not respond immediately after I press when playing some of the video games. I’m using a Microsoft Surface Pro 9, and the problem occured recently. For example, sometimes I could not press the “d” and the “s” keys, and if I want those keys...
  4. Keyboard Malfunction upon installation of Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Malfunction upon installation of Windows 11: Hello, I need your assistance. I use a HP folio 9480m, since I installed windows 11, some of the keys on the keyboard aren't working. Keys such as R, enter, I, and others aren't working unless I use the onscreen keyboard which is very stressful especially when I have a lot to...
  5. Keyboard Malfunction upon installation of Windows 11

Keyboard Malfunction upon installation of Windows 11: Hello, I need your assistance. I use a HP folio 9480m, since I installed windows 11, some of the keys on the keyboard aren't working. Keys such as R, enter, I, and others aren't working unless I use the onscreen keyboard which is very stressful especially when I have a lot to...
  6. Malfunctioning keyboard in Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malfunctioning keyboard in Win 11: After migrating to Win 11 my Redragon keyboard is not working properly. To type one letter the key should be pressed for more than 3 seconds. This happens only in win11. I can enter Win key to load Win 11 normally....
  7. Malfunctioning keyboard in Win 11

Malfunctioning keyboard in Win 11: After migrating to Win 11 my Redragon keyboard is not working properly. To type one letter the key should be pressed for more than 3 seconds. This happens only in win11. I can enter Win key to load Win 11 normally....
  8. Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games.: I had this problem a while back and it recently resurfaced a couple of days ago. Basically, what happens is that whenever I am using my keyboard to complete non-gaming related tasks on my ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop, it works perfectly and there are no problems. Whenever I boot up...
  9. Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games.

Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games.: I had this problem a while back and it recently resurfaced a couple of days ago. Basically, what happens is that whenever I am using my keyboard to complete non-gaming related tasks on my ASUS TUF Gaming Laptop, it works perfectly and there are no problems. Whenever I boot up...
  10. Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games

Keyboard starts malfunctioning while playing games: Hi,I'm having issues with my S key only while playing games for some reason. I have to mention that I have had this issue before but it just stopped being an issue for a few months until recently it started malfunctioning again. Basically what happens is my S key starts...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard malfunctioning in windows 10

2. malfunctioning keyboard actions

3. key borad & mouse mulfuntioning