Windows 10: Keyboard Malfunctioning

Discus and support Keyboard Malfunctioning in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; hello people Ive gotten my pc around a year ago and havent used it in two days(it was working PERFECTLY fine before shutting it off), I switch it on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DevonAcevedo, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Keyboard Malfunctioning

hello people Ive gotten my pc around a year ago and havent used it in two days(it was working PERFECTLY fine before shutting it off), I switch it on today and my whenever I type anything on my keyboard it opens and repeatedly closes multiple windows, I tried using another keyboard (the one that comes with the pc) and same problem it just flashes everything and opens random windows and files. Keep in mind, both keyboard are working just fine for a year now and no physical damage has been done to either of them. What could the solution be? Keyboard Malfunctioning :)

submitted by /u/DevonAcevedo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DevonAcevedo, Nov 26, 2020

2. keyboard malfunction

Hi,

My name is Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to assist you with the issue of keyboard malfunctioning. Please follow the below to fix the issue.

Step 1:

Go to the Search box next to Windows Icon & type Troubleshoot.

Step 2:

Under Find and Fix other problems select Keyboard

Step 3:

Then click on Run the Troubleshooter

Step 4:

Restart the PC

Let me know the status after performing the above.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Nov 26, 2020
  3. Keyboard malfunction

My keyboard suddenly began malfunctioning and everytime I hit the backspace button, this appears-

l-90iuop+æl-90iuop+æl-

My windows button also started not working. Any suggestions?

AuthenticThomas, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Keyboard Malfunctioning

Keyboard Malfunction

We appreciate the information you provided. This issue might be caused by a mismatched driver for your keyboard or pointing device. We suggest to Roll Back the driver by following the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X, and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboards category, right-click the keyboard device, and select
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver. This will restore your old driver.
    • Restart your PC.
    If you don’t want to roll back the driver you can try disabling the pointing device by:

• Right side of task bar
    • Click the pointing device symbol (looks like a laptop mouse)
    • Right click
    • Then click on Disable
    Note: You might need to do it every time you power your device.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard Malfunctioning

1. Keyboard Malfunctioning - Similar Threads - Keyboard Malfunctioning

2. Keyboard malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard malfunctioning: So i have this problem for a while now. Whenever i press the 'g' and 'h' key on my laptop keyboard, it instead type the letter v and m respectively on my word editor. But if i play a game, which is Dark Souls 2 : Scholar of The First Sin, it doesn't have that problem....
  3. keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard malfunction: everything works on my keyboard except for the q,w,e,r,t,y,u,i,o,p buttons . im using the onscreen keyboard so excuse the mistakes . please help. im using a window 10 hp touchscreen laptop ....
  4. My laptop keyboard and touchpad have been malfunctioning lately. The character "/" keeps on...

My laptop keyboard and touchpad have been malfunctioning lately. The character "/" keeps on...: Till now I have tried the following; 1. Uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad and keyboard drivers. 2. Disabling the "/" key but it still types randomly. 3. Connecting an external keyboard but the issue still persists. 4. Resetting the device but kept all files...
  5. Keyboard malfunction

Keyboard malfunction: My keyboard suddenly began malfunctioning and everytime I hit the backspace button, this appears- l-90iuop+æl-90iuop+æl- My windows button also started not working. Any suggestions?...
  6. Keyboard malfunctioning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keyboard malfunctioning: Some keys of my keyboard stop working and also automatically type those keys. When I open my laptop after 10 to 15 days those keys works perfectly and other key start malfunctioning. I have McAfee and scan it but don't get any information about virus. Is there any virus who...
  7. keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard malfunction: mouse begins to move when the f key is pressed either on the keyboard or onscreen keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-malfunction/ec5b49fe-848c-455b-b7bf-70a56378d5bd
  8. Malfunction of wireless mouse, device driver for keyboard

Malfunction of wireless mouse, device driver for keyboard: 1. My wireless mouse scrolls up and down in wrong direction even after resetting and disconnecting and reconnecting. The problem persists when I use the mouse in another PC. I am using windows 10. 2. I am using multimedia keyboard at the ps2 port. Multimedia functions of...
  9. Malware/Virus Attack on system, malfunctioning Keyboard

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware/Virus Attack on system, malfunctioning Keyboard: Hello there, Need help. Yesterday I was using a pen drive for some file sharing on my laptop. After I insert the pen drive and opened it, all of a sudden my system started behaving abnormally. A lot of windows opened automatically reducing screen brightness, and enable...
  10. keyboard malfunctioning

keyboard malfunctioning: when i type t it type as t5 when i type y it type as y6 when i type 4 it type as 46 when i type _ it type as {_ when i type - it type as [- when i press backspace it turn off laptops screen i have done following : troubleshooting of keyboard task scheduler ->...