Windows 10: Keyboard Malware Attack?

Discus and support Keyboard Malware Attack? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Some keys/ key combinations that were previously working are no longer working. It has affected the backspace key and the Right Shift Key (RSK).... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Adosh, May 19, 2016.

1. Adosh Win User

Keyboard Malware Attack?

Some keys/ key combinations that were previously working are no longer working. It has affected the backspace key and the Right Shift Key (RSK). Occasionally when typing, text might start being erased from nowhere. Key combination like the RSK and up arrow do not work, but the RSK with the down arrow works. Other independent RSK function work.
    I thought it was a 'normal' malware attack so I fully scanned my system using a windows defender but the problem still persisted. I then formatted drive C (containing the OS) and performed full re-installation of all apps. This changed nothing.

:)

Adosh, May 19, 2016
  2. Rob Koch Win User

Backspace key not working

As already mentioned by Ryan, these problems are rarely malware and more often simply hardware issues with either the keyboard or other device.

The simple method to confirm this is to borrow a keyboard from another computer system to see whether the issue you're having goes away. If it does you need to either find the paperclip or other metal floating around under the keys, sticking key(s) due
    to a liquid spill or finally just buy a new keyboard to permantly solve the problem.

The symptoms of malware causing keyboard or mouse problems are typically much more flaky and unpredictable, so this doesn't sound like one of those and the malware cause is actually much more rare. It's just common for people to always assume malware, since
    only a small number typically experience such hardware failures, so very few really know how strange such failures can look to the untrained eye.

I've seen dozens myself, even on my own laptops when I've spilled liquid like lemonade which takes a day or two to dry enough that the sticking keys and resultant strange key combinations begin to show themselves.

Rob

Rob Koch, May 19, 2016
  3. Typing issues Windows 10

Have you tried using a different keyboard? You've mentioned that the virtual keyboard is working fine and the keyboard driver is updated as well, we suggest using a different keyboard and see if the issue will continue.

You may also scan your PC using an antivirus program and see if it's infected by a virus or malware.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Ronalene Mat, May 19, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

Keyboard Malware Attack?

Make sure you have the right keyboard installed and the language pack for your country.

swarfega, May 19, 2016
  5. Adosh Win User
    It is a laptop so there does exist a slim chance that a wrong keyboard was installed...but either way, it was functioning properly for quite a while until this situation. Language is no issue since the change in behavior occurred when the computer was still in operation; months after the last program/OS installations done on it.

Adosh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard Malware Attack?

1. Keyboard Malware Attack? - Similar Threads - Keyboard Malware Attack

2. Malware attack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware attack: Will factory reset removes trojen virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-attack/0cd6b0c4-a077-48ee-98a2-381fbdcfad46
  3. Malware attack

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Malware attack: Will factory reset removes trojen virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-attack/0cd6b0c4-a077-48ee-98a2-381fbdcfad46
  4. Malware attack

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. malware attack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    malware attack: how to solve malware attack?* Moved from Internet Explorer / IE11 / Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-attack/3e70f7d1-088b-416b-bb3f-ba01fbd41d55
  6. malware attack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    malware attack: how to solve malware attack?* Moved from Internet Explorer / IE11 / Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-attack/3e70f7d1-088b-416b-bb3f-ba01fbd41d55
  7. malware attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Malware attack

Malware attack: I had turned off windows defender. I was attacked by malware on my desktop computer. It has an .seto extension name. I had formatted my compter but no change. Windows defender is not turning on also. my all files became unusable. How can i recover my files....
  9. malware attack

malware attack: while I was downloading a file from the internet, some malicious files might have entered my system. when ever I am starting my PC, the browser is automatically opening some spam websites after every 1 min. windows defender fail to resolve this problem and shows no threat,...
  10. malware attack

malware attack: hello everyone my pc was under malware attack when I noobishly turned windows defender off .i saw several pop up and a weird search bar appeared on sereen.I had malwarebyte installed and I started searching with it.it detected 72 malware and i deleted all ,but the weird...