Windows 10: Keyboard mapping

Discus and support Keyboard mapping in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently purchased a computer of a person and it included a keyboard, however my back slash key when entered comes out with # or ~ when holding... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Unlucky_Cauliflower3, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Keyboard mapping

I recently purchased a computer of a person and it included a keyboard, however my back slash key when entered comes out with # or ~ when holding shift. I downloaded two pieces of software, sharpkeys and keytweaks and actually remapped the key it self, however it still results in # or ~, i can re map the backslash key to letters but cant re map it to a back slash. I tried remaping the backslash function onto another key ie number 1 and when i pressed the key i got #. IS there any known fix for this besides software which isn't working, like a script or ?

submitted by /u/Unlucky_Cauliflower3
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Unlucky_Cauliflower3, Oct 6, 2020

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Oct 6, 2020
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Oct 6, 2020
  4. fatpat Win User

Keyboard mapping

Mapped Drives Issues

To clarify .... the issue is the Windows 10 OS. It is with Windows File Explorer. The Mapped drives used to appear in File Explorer's left panel list of drives and folders. Two days ago File explorer stopped show the mapped drives. so not they don;t appear in the list of Drives and folders.

- - - Updated - - -

I did, it has no effect. I also check the NAS devices they support SMB 2.0. Also I have several other computers on my home network they work fine with the mapped drives and They do not have SMB 1 turned on. So it is something that happened to the computer in question.

fatpat, Oct 6, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard mapping

1. Keyboard mapping - Similar Threads - Keyboard mapping

2. Keyboard mapping in Hebrew - period or full-stop character

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard mapping in Hebrew - period or full-stop character: I've been having the exact same issue as drbenfox, where trying to type a period "." in Hebrew produces a "tzadi sofi" "ץ". I don't know why that thread was locked without any useful answers, so I'm posting this new question as a response to that thread.It seems like I've...
  3. Keyboard mapping in Hebrew - period or full-stop character

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard mapping in Hebrew - period or full-stop character: I've been having the exact same issue as drbenfox, where trying to type a period "." in Hebrew produces a "tzadi sofi" "ץ". I don't know why that thread was locked without any useful answers, so I'm posting this new question as a response to that thread.It seems like I've...
  4. Keyboard keys map to functions other than letters?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard keys map to functions other than letters?: Until a few minutes ago everything was fine. Suddenly, I'm not able to type anything on my Windows PC's keyboard anymore. Instead, keys are mapping to other functionalities. For example, the up and down arrow key change brightness; pressing "R" takes a screenshot; pressing...
  5. How do I fix keyboard mapping?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix keyboard mapping?: I'm currently typing this using the on screen keyboard. I'm on a laptop and for some reason some of the keys are mapped to multiple inputs. For example, my "w" key is mapped to "w" and "0" so when I press "w", the result would be "w0" instead of just "w". My "s" key is also...
  6. How do I fix keyboard mapping?

How do I fix keyboard mapping?: I'm currently typing this using the on screen keyboard. I'm on a laptop and for some reason some of the keys are mapped to multiple inputs. For example, my "w" key is mapped to "w" and "0" so when I press "w", the result would be "w0" instead of just "w". My "s" key is also...
  7. Keyboard mapping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard mapping: Somehow my @ key is mapped to " and vice versa. How do I set these back so that @ is mapped to @ and " to " as one would expect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-mapping/a4276d82-72da-4ea0-8d37-cde868369451
  8. Keyboard mapping

Keyboard mapping: Somehow my @ key is mapped to " and vice versa. How do I set these back so that @ is mapped to @ and " to " as one would expect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-mapping/a4276d82-72da-4ea0-8d37-cde868369451
  9. Keyboard mapping

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Where is there a complete keyboard map for alternate keyboards?

Where is there a complete keyboard map for alternate keyboards?: I have just finished reading a long thread 10 years old about missing characters in the cyrillic Russian keyboard that has been bundled with Windows from 8.1 to 11.Still haven't found more than a jpeg with certain keys highlighted, but no reference to the 2-key or spacebar...