Windows 10: Keyboard media buttons and mouse thumb buttons are causing my active window/application to...

Discus and support Keyboard media buttons and mouse thumb buttons are causing my active window/application to... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I don't know when it started happening but whenever I press the play button on my keyboard, Google Chrome loses focus. Whenever I use thumb buttons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Larkaasmislive, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Keyboard media buttons and mouse thumb buttons are causing my active window/application to...

I don't know when it started happening but whenever I press the play button on my keyboard, Google Chrome loses focus. Whenever I use thumb buttons whenever I'm playing a game, it minimizes when in fullscreen and loses focus whenever in borderless windowed. Please Help!

Windows Edition: Windows 10 Home 64-bit version 2004

CPU: i5-3470

GPU: GTX 1050 TI

RAM: 8GB

Keyboard: some cheap Rii keyboard with media buttons

Mouse: Logitech G203 Prodigy

submitted by /u/Larkaasmislive
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Larkaasmislive, Jun 30, 2020
  2. HolyCow02 Win User

FEAR 2 mouse button mapping FIXED

what mouse do you have? Basically you set the a key on your keyboard for melee. Then that program maps the left thumb button on your mouse to that key. So if you map melee to 'g' in the game, and you map the left thumb button on your mouse to 'g' through that program, when you hit the thumb button, you will melee. Get it?

HolyCow02, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Gaming Mice with vertical thumb buttons

It's only untrue for you, I was speaking more of their probable intended use than yours, which seems atypical to me. Like the poster above implied, it's not common that people would want to grip a mouse with their thumbs ON the buttons, causing possible inadvertent clicks, and if it requires more pressure to click than mouse gripping would activate, then clearly just clicking them repeatedly could cause discomfort.

I also find it odd you suggest gamers would prefer it MS' way when the vast majority of gaming mice sold are by other brands. Don't you think if they really preferred vertical thumb buttons more players would be buying the SideWinder?

Again, this is one person's opinion with the claims of a few friends agreeing against a market filled mostly with players whom buy the other mice. Now you can call that "speculation" all you want, but your argument sounds rather baseless in doing so.

I call these "crusade" threads. Someone falls in love with something that's atypical, then tries desperately to convince everyone the others are doing it wrong. The reason it comes off as a "crusade" is when others offer reasonable, rational rebuttals, the thread author goes off on a self righteous defense stance, often tossing around passive aggressive insults, as if we have to bow to his claimed wisdom or deal with his attitude. *Roll Eyes Keyboard media buttons and mouse thumb buttons are causing my active window/application to... :rolleyes:

Get used to the fact that many aren't going to agree with you on this.

Frag Maniac, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Keyboard media buttons and mouse thumb buttons are causing my active window/application to...

Gaming Mice with vertical thumb buttons

And destined to be, the thread author was in denial as to WHY his beloved mouse was discontinued. Crusade threads never last long. And I wasn't accusing him of crusading for THAT mouse like he made it sound, just vert buttons, even implying all other designs are wrong.

It just doesn't make sense to place buttons ON the thumb grip area of a mouse, esp as heavy as today's mice are. You'd have to be a slider with a light grip and never lift the mouse to not accidentally click them.

That said, the main problem some horizontal thumb buttons have is there is no ridge underneath them preventing your thumb from sliding onto them and clicking them when lifting the mouse.

Precise mousing takes a light yet controlled grip, which is benefitted by grippy material and properly shaped and placed buttons and ridges. Expecting everyone to grip a mouse ON the buttons and not have problems is nonsense. Going on a crusade about it, even more so.

Frag Maniac, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard media buttons and mouse thumb buttons are causing my active window/application to...

1. Keyboard media buttons and mouse thumb buttons are causing my active window/application to... - Similar Threads - Keyboard media buttons

2. The i button on my keyboard activates the italic button on my word documents. The letter...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The i button on my keyboard activates the italic button on my word documents. The letter...: The i button on my keyboard activates the italic button on my word documents. The letter does not want to return when turning off italics https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-i-button-on-my-keyboard-activates-the-italic/d4835cd3-7914-4154-a29a-a39b5a1bc7c4
  3. keyboard buttons are not working including my window button,/. the down button are not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard buttons are not working including my window button,/. the down button are not...: I accidentally pressed something on my laptop and now my keep some of my keyboard buttons are not working including my window button, the down button is not working as well....
  4. keyboard buttons are not working including my window button,/. the down button are not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard buttons are not working including my window button,/. the down button are not...: I accidentally pressed something on my laptop and now my keep some of my keyboard buttons are not working including my window button, the down button is not working as well....
  5. Mouse Thumb Buttons "Freezing" Computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Thumb Buttons "Freezing" Computer: Recently, I've been having an issue with my mouse where pressing one of the thumb buttons MB4 and MB5 causes my computer to "freeze." But not in the sense where the entire monitor stops. Rather, if I'm in a fullscreened game, I can't press the Windows button and tab out. If I...
  6. Can’t click left mouse button and back button thumb button at the same time

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t click left mouse button and back button thumb button at the same time: Hi I have a problem that I cannot press the left mouse button and the back button at the same time, the left mouse button and the forward button can be pressed at the same time, but the other two cannot. I have already bought three different mice and all three have the...
  7. Windows button on keyboard misread as Media Play/Pause Button

Windows button on keyboard misread as Media Play/Pause Button: After reinstalling Win10 from ISO file, my Windows button on keyboard won't work. Start Menu works just fine. I checked it with SharpKeys it turns out it read as Media Play/Pause Button, then I assigned that key to Left Windows Button, reboot and still wont work. Is that a...
  8. Mouse button mapping to keyboard?

Mouse button mapping to keyboard?: In Windows 10, can mouse buttons be mapped to the keyboard, or if not, is there a reputable app that can do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-button-mapping-to-keyboard/5d623ad7-0f28-40c1-949d-00d6810e0eaf
  9. mouse buttons

mouse buttons: Hi since I re-installed windows 10 I have to give a double click with my left mouse button, it used to work everything with one click. how do I set it to work with one clock ? any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Ronnie...
  10. mouse buttons

mouse buttons: hi all, i have bought a new Chinese mouse, a nice mouse with good properties but with no special driver. the mouse has 9 buttons (home and dpi included), the 6st and 7st buttons are internet and multimedia by default, and i want to change them. all the software i found is...