Windows 10: [Keyboard menu] OL - Other language: how to remove it?

Discus and support [Keyboard menu] OL - Other language: how to remove it? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Normally I use Portuguese as my main keyboard, and Greek as a secondary keyboard to type α, β, and so on. Today I tried to change my region to US to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by betagamizado, Sep 25, 2020.

1. [Keyboard menu] OL - Other language: how to remove it?

Normally I use Portuguese as my main keyboard, and Greek as a secondary keyboard to type α, β, and so on.

Today I tried to change my region to US to see if error messages in RStudio would change to English, long story. However, I realized this region list wouldn't show United States unless "US" was one of my installed keyboards.

[Keyboard menu] OL - Other language: how to remove it? 94488693-cc19-4a5f-b532-db4815ccdd32?upload=true.png

In the meantime, I ended up selecting Greek Chipre region for a short time, for testing, butit inadvertently showed up in both my preferred language listand my keyboard list, like that:

[Keyboard menu] OL - Other language: how to remove it? e0423195-c388-4003-9ecf-ba8f484692b9?upload=true.png

[Keyboard menu] OL - Other language: how to remove it? 08ed094c-2382-4b2a-b031-e351bef31384?upload=true.png

Odd, but OK.

I removed it from the preferred language list successfully:

[Keyboard menu] OL - Other language: how to remove it? e6beae58-27c9-42d3-a61d-3888938fcd21?upload=true.png

However, a really strange thing happened. Something called QAA - Unknown Location qaa Greek Keyboard showed up in my keyboard list:

[Keyboard menu] OL - Other language: how to remove it? f3c0a895-07d2-4065-9944-e38488f08809?upload=true.png

And it wouldn't go away, even after rebooting the PC.

I found out this superuser answer, which tells us to perform a PowerShell script in order to remove thisbugged language and it works.

However, after repeating the same steps I described, that creepy language reappears. This must be a Windows 10 bug.

:)

betagamizado, Sep 25, 2020

2. Remove language from the keyboard

Hi,

I follow all the steps listed here. However, the "Remove" button is not active

How can I activate the button?

Step 1: System
    Settings window.

1. Press Windows logo + I keys on the keyboard to open
      Settings
      page.
    2. Click on Time & language from the options and select
      Region & language
      from the left side panel of the window.
    3. Click on the keyboard language you want to remove under Languages and click on
      Remove.
    4. Close the window and check if the changes are effective.

גדיאלוני, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    The extra keyboard layout keep adding to my language bar (with Pics)

Hi Panupong,

The updated Windows 10 may have detected your language, the reason why it automatically gave you the other Thai US keyboard. To correct this issue, we suggest that you follow these steps:

• Click on the Start Menu, type in region and language settings and select it.
    • Under Languages, select Thai Kedmanee keyboard and click Remove.
    • Lastly, add it back by clicking Add a language.

After these steps, your keyboard layout will permanently stay with Thai Kedmanee keyboard.

Let us know if the steps above resolved your issue.

Xylee Del, Sep 25, 2020
  4. [Keyboard menu] OL - Other language: how to remove it?

Remove secondary keyboard language.

Hi Jacob,

Removing a keyboard layout can be done through Control Panel and
    Settings. Before doing so, make sure that the language pack of your preferred keyboard layout is installed on your computer. To remove a keyboard layout through
    Control Panel, here's how:

• Go to Control Panel. Under Clock, Language, and Region, click
      Add a language.
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to remove, then click Options
      > Remove.

To remove a keyboard layout through Settings, refer to these steps:

• Go to Settings > Time & language >
      Region & language
    • Click the keyboard layout that you want to delete, then click Remove.

Feel free to post back if you have further questions.

Lov Dollente, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

[Keyboard menu] OL - Other language: how to remove it?

1. [Keyboard menu] OL - Other language: how to remove it? - Similar Threads - Keyboard menu language

2. How to remove "Other Language" Keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove "Other Language" Keyboard Layout: I only want English US and Thai language but somehow there is 3rd language "Other Language"I tried many method that solve unwanted keyboard layout, but it didn't work for this one. Powerchell: It show only 2 Languages that I useRegistry: 409 is US and 41e is TH there's no...
  3. How to remove "Other Language" Keyboard Layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove "Other Language" Keyboard Layout: I only want English US and Thai language but somehow there is 3rd language "Other Language"I tried many method that solve unwanted keyboard layout, but it didn't work for this one. Powerchell: It show only 2 Languages that I useRegistry: 409 is US and 41e is TH there's no...
  4. how to remove language keyboard in windows10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove language keyboard in windows10?: Hi,I see AFR as a choice for my keyboard. However I cannot remove it under "Language" since there is no AFR under my preferred language. What should I do now?...
  5. how to remove language keyboard in windows10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove language keyboard in windows10?: Hi,I see AFR as a choice for my keyboard. However I cannot remove it under "Language" since there is no AFR under my preferred language. What should I do now?...
  6. How to remove OL -other language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove OL -other language: This happens when I kept changing the region and add some extra languages. I normally use 3 languages. What should I do? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-ol-other-language/c9bf8a5e-a85b-4404-bcc4-82ea6ae71c98
  7. Can't remove english keyboards in Language menu

Can't remove english keyboards in Language menu: Hi there As you can see on this screenshot, my Windows 10 currently has 4 keyboards installed: french, japanese, english UK and english US. What I want is remove the two english keyboards. However, as you can seehere in the red rectangle, my Language menu has only two...
  8. How to Remove Display Language Keyboard?

How to Remove Display Language Keyboard?: I always had problems in Windows 10 to define my language preference: Display language = US English and keyboard language Swedish! And I do not want something else no keyboard language switch!. Some updates ago I managed finally to define this only language combination, I...
  9. Removing a language keyboard

Removing a language keyboard: How can one remove a language keyboard? The MS instructions online are from 2016 and don't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-a-language-keyboard/824f449a-3307-445b-a6b0-130890614f5f
  10. Removing a language keyboard

Removing a language keyboard: Hey, would love to remove a language keyboard from my computer, currently on my language settings only english appears, but I have two keyboard layouts, one for english and the unwanted keyboard is "Afrikan," now I have no idea how it appeared but it's there. I tried to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ol other language windows