Windows 10: Keyboard messed up 3 of our computers

Discus and support Keyboard messed up 3 of our computers in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Long story short, PC didn't have keyblard, we plugged one and it didn't work (made a post about it yesterday) we tried plugging to a laptop and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/plasmagd, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Keyboard messed up 3 of our computers

Long story short, PC didn't have keyblard, we plugged one and it didn't work (made a post about it yesterday) we tried plugging to a laptop and it messed up the laptop's included keyboard and it happened today with another laptop

What happened?

submitted by /u/plasmagd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/plasmagd, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Keyboard language mess up

Hi Julie,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community Forums.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • When you say that your preferred keyboard language disappeared or was deleted, did you try reinstalling it?
    • If yes, were you able to reinstall it?
    • If No, what happens when you try to reinstall it or any other keyboard language?

Kindly provide some more details so that we can suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, make sure that Windows is up to date. I would suggest to create a new user account and see if you can add/remove the keyboard languages.

Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

We look forward for your reply.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderators

Peer_Sam, Aug 11, 2020
  3. Creators Update causing keyboard issues on Lenovo Yoga 3 14

We suggest uninstalling and re-installing the keyboard drivers by following the steps here:

• Press Windows key + X and click Device manager.
    • Expand the Keyboard.
    • Right-click the keyboard driver and click Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer, let Windows detect the driver and install by itself.
    Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Justine Pel, Aug 11, 2020
  4. Keyboard messed up 3 of our computers

NumLock key messes up alpha keys on desktop with full size keyboard.

Hi,

I realize that numlock key messes up with other keys on the keyboard. I will try to help you with this issue.

• What is the make and model of the keyboard?

Unplug the keyboard from the computer, restart the computer once and then re-plug the keyboard to check if that helps.

You may also plug in this keyboard into another PC to check if the issue persists. You may plug in another keyboard in to this PC to check if that helps.

Also ensure to install any pending Windows updates on the PC and restart it to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

You may also use the on-screen keyboard to check if the issue persists.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard messed up 3 of our computers

1. Keyboard messed up 3 of our computers - Similar Threads - Keyboard messed computers

2. Keyboard keys messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keys messed up: yesterday i was playing a game on my laptop and my keys ''g'' and ''h'' weren't working at all but later they started typing again so i just assumed it was just because of the game but today when i press said keys they either get typed in 2-3x times even tho i press them just...
  3. The keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The keyboard is messed up: KB: I-rocks K60M I don't know because of some problem my computer loses control even when I do nothing, it just stops when I press the key combination Fn+F9, but then some keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+A ,Copy n Paste... is disabled, maybe I accidentally pressed something that...
  4. The keyboard is messed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The keyboard is messed up: KB: I-rocks K60M I don't know because of some problem my computer loses control even when I do nothing, it just stops when I press the key combination Fn+F9, but then some keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl+A ,Copy n Paste... is disabled, maybe I accidentally pressed something that...
  5. My keyboard is messed up!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard is messed up!: Hey,I'm having several issues with my keyboard lately. First of all every time I clicked on microsoft edge for a while, it opened a note that I have on my desktop. When I closed the note my cursor kept selecting it,however it didn't opened again.Now I will be listing the...
  6. My keyboard is messed up!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard is messed up!: Hey,I'm having several issues with my keyboard lately. First of all every time I clicked on microsoft edge for a while, it opened a note that I have on my desktop. When I closed the note my cursor kept selecting it,however it didn't opened again.Now I will be listing the...
  7. Messed up keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Messed up keyboard: so something is wrong with my computer - any time I press the a key it acts as the left arrow key - when I press the w key it acts as the forward arrow key - same thing with my s and d keys to their counterparts?? HELP PLZ!!!...
  8. Messed up keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Messed up keyboard keys: On my desktop, my keyboard just started to mess up everything, I can't use the @ anymore, (I'm using the phone for writing) and basically every sign is messed up, how do I fix it? It already happened with my previous laptop but never found a way to fix submitted by...
  9. Our files are a mess

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Our files are a mess: Is it possible to uninstall the section of an update that would resolve the files corruption issues associated with windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/our-files-are-a-mess/29906a57-2092-475e-9fc3-45b8b769ffc1
  10. Keyboard occasionally messes up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard occasionally messes up: Hello, not too long ago I started noticing keyboard issues on my laptop. Windows key would get kind of stuck I suppose as if I was trying to press windows key + d/a/tab, etc. Sometimes a different key would get stuck, being unable to use letter keys and only be able to use...