Windows 10: keyboard missing &,a,q,w ? intermittent, not hardware

Discus and support keyboard missing &,a,q,w ? intermittent, not hardware in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hi community, keyboard misses on &,a,q,w (french azertyuiop keyboard, running English lang.display) it is intermittent. if I hold the key, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bad dom, Aug 19, 2018.

1. bad dom Win User

keyboard missing &,a,q,w ? intermittent, not hardware

hi community,

keyboard misses on &,a,q,w (french azertyuiop keyboard, running English lang.display)

it is intermittent. if I hold the key, it eventually gives me the character after LONG delay,

or repeated hits on key. this is not hardware, I think, does the same with external usb k/b

connected. ie: so that's 1,q,a,z on an English keyboard. is this a known bug? a virus? bad

setting in windows? driving me nuts. had same problem on previous laptop, and machine

eventually died. thanks D

:)

bad dom, Aug 19, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Pim Pam Win User
    Keyboard software missing.

Step 1: Device Manager doesn't have the words Keyboard any where in the list of devices.

Step 2: I ran the troubleshooter, and my keyboard still doesn't work.

Control Panel ---- Keyboard ---- Hardware Tab ---- I find a blank page.

Pim Pam, Aug 19, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 w Microsoft sculpt comfort keyboard

Hi Charles,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Keyboard. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the drivers. Try updating the latest keyboard devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Keyboard drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Keyboard driver.

c. Right-click on the HID Keyboard Device and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

1. keyboard missing &,a,q,w ? intermittent, not hardware - Similar Threads - keyboard missing intermittent

2. Keyboard intermittently not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard intermittently not working: My keyboard is intermittently not working on my HP Spectre 360. There will be certain keys that when pressed do nothing. Later on the same key will be working perfectly. So far, I've tried updating the driver, updating windows, uninstalling the keyboard and reinstalling it,...
  3. Keyboard intermittently not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard intermittently not working: My keyboard is intermittently not working on my HP Spectre 360. There will be certain keys that when pressed do nothing. Later on the same key will be working perfectly. So far, I've tried updating the driver, updating windows, uninstalling the keyboard and reinstalling it,...
  4. Keyboard spams q key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard spams q key: Hi my keyboard on my thinkpad L13 10th generation keeps spamming the Q key I already tried the device manager thing the Pasting something into the command thing I tried turning off all the filter keys and sticky keys and even making a new profile in case mine was corrupt and...
  5. Keyboard spams q key

Keyboard spams q key: Hi my keyboard on my thinkpad L13 10th generation keeps spamming the Q key I already tried the device manager thing the Pasting something into the command thing I tried turning off all the filter keys and sticky keys and even making a new profile in case mine was corrupt and...
  6. Keyboard spams q key

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Intermittent Keyboard Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intermittent Keyboard Issues: Hi all,I am currently experiencing intermittent issues with the in-built keyboard on my Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14IIL05 where a select few keys on the keyboard on a given stroke will either print 1 2 3 or even 4 characters or no character at all. So when typing with these keys, it...
  8. Intermittent Keyboard Issues

Intermittent Keyboard Issues: Hi all,I am currently experiencing intermittent issues with the in-built keyboard on my Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14IIL05 where a select few keys on the keyboard on a given stroke will either print 1 2 3 or even 4 characters or no character at all. So when typing with these keys, it...
  9. After win11 cannot make q and w in uppercase

After win11 cannot make q and w in uppercase: Hello,Yesterday I had upgraded my notebook to w11.i had noted that now shift ,both,plus q or w doesn't work. With caapslock no issue. It happens with all applications. Any suggestions?Thanks...
  10. Letter keys on the keyboard won't type intermittently not a hardware issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Letter keys on the keyboard won't type intermittently not a hardware issue: Win10 Edu 1909 Tried two keyboard, one is Logitech K380 Bluetooth fresh battery, the other one is a wired Apple keyboard. Both works fine most of the time. It is very little chance for hardware problem here. Both works on other devices. Just very recently, the letter...