Windows 10: Keyboard, mouse and ease of use options not working on login screen

Discus and support Keyboard, mouse and ease of use options not working on login screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; In my last two attempts to log in to the my computer I experienced that my keyboard, mouse and ease of use options stopped working. But the thing is... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by faisal6309, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Keyboard, mouse and ease of use options not working on login screen

In my last two attempts to log in to the my computer I experienced that my keyboard, mouse and ease of use options stopped working. But the thing is that:-

1. Keyboard and mouse are actually working but not when I'm trying to enter my password.
    2. Clicking on ease of use options don't work at all.
    3. Whereas keyboard and mouse works completely fine in BIOS.
    4. And all wires are perfectly plugged in.

I have experienced this problem twice in a row and that's how I was able to login to my computer.

1. I left my login screen and it got back to the image screen. I press enter button and I was able to type password.
    2. Next time, I had to press forgot password button. It kept doing something for a while and then it showed message that I need Internet to proceed. I clicked OK. I was back at login screen and able to type password.

I think that it's software issue. I keep my Windows updated and there is no update at all. My current Windows built is:

Windows 10 Pro

Version: 1803

OS Build: 17134.407

There is no update. I just checked it.

:)

faisal6309, Nov 23, 2018

2. Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Touch keyboard pops up at login

Hi Mon,

The on-screen keyboard pops up on the login screen if the Use On-Screen Keyboard
    option is enabled. For us to disable this option, please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Ease of Access Center, and then press Enter.
    • Click on the Use the computer without a mouse or keyboard link.
    • Under Type using a pointing device option, uncheck the
      Use On-Screen Keyboard
      box.

Let us know if the steps above helped you to resolve your concern.

Janeane Cru, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Keyboard, mouse and ease of use options not working on login screen

Keyboard not working on Login screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to use the on-screen keyboard and try to login. Follow the steps below:

Click on the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen and select On-screen keyboard and login.

Please Find the screenshot of the Ease of Access icon at the right bottom of the screen:

Keyboard, mouse and ease of use options not working on login screen 9c227ccc-8ac4-490c-af6a-3cf42faccbec.png

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard, mouse and ease of use options not working on login screen

1. Keyboard, mouse and ease of use options not working on login screen - Similar Threads - Keyboard mouse ease

2. Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen: I reset my pc and at the screen where i have to login with my password, my keybourd and mouse don't work, but in bios or something they do. What should i do?...
  3. Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen: I reset my pc and at the screen where i have to login with my password, my keybourd and mouse don't work, but in bios or something they do. What should i do?...
  4. Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.: After the latest windows 10 update my keyboard and mouse are no longer working. This makes me unable to type in my password at the windows login screen. When I boot to BIOS the mouse and keyboard are working, and if I boot to the windows troubleshoot screen they work as well....
  6. Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard is not working in Windows 10 login screen.: After the latest windows 10 update my keyboard and mouse are no longer working. This makes me unable to type in my password at the windows login screen. When I boot to BIOS the mouse and keyboard are working, and if I boot to the windows troubleshoot screen they work as well....
  7. Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen: It is as the title says, i cant use my keyboard or my mouse therefore not allowing me to do anything at the login screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-wont-work-on-login-screen/4a8f705d-a0ec-447e-8fda-430c633ca533
  8. Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen: It is as the title says, i cant use my keyboard or my mouse therefore not allowing me to do anything at the login screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-wont-work-on-login-screen/4a8f705d-a0ec-447e-8fda-430c633ca533
  9. Keyboard and mouse wont work on login screen

10. Mouse and keyboard not working at Windows login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and keyboard not working at Windows login screen: Decided to reboot my PC today in an attempt to resolve un unrelated problem, but upon reboot I found myself unable to login to Windows because my mouse and keyboard appear complitely unresponsive. They both work just fine in BIOS and I tried fiddling aroung the USB settings...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ease of use mouse