Windows 10: Keyboard & Mouse Don't Work For A Couple Seconds When Booting Into Windows 10 Lock Screen

Discus and support Keyboard & Mouse Don't Work For A Couple Seconds When Booting Into Windows 10 Lock Screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says my keyboard and mouse don't work for a couple seconds when booting into Windows 10 & i'm on the lock screen waiting for it to start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/uK-Kyto, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Keyboard & Mouse Don't Work For A Couple Seconds When Booting Into Windows 10 Lock Screen

As the title says my keyboard and mouse don't work for a couple seconds when booting into Windows 10 & i'm on the lock screen waiting for it to start working. I have no problems in games and other applications but when i turn my computer off for the night and go back on it the next morning my keyboard ad mouse seem to just stop working when i get into the Windows 10 Lock screen

submitted by /u/uK-Kyto
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/uK-Kyto, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Vanion Win User

Mouse and keyboard don't work on Windows install

Its a new build i was trying to install my windows os

Thanks for your help my PS keyboard is working unfortunately my usb mouse/keyboard still do not work even after having my OS installed. How would i go about selecting to load the driver packages?

Vanion, Feb 10, 2020
  3. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive at lock screen

Hi Sean,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern and would suggest you to try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking. Here is the steps:

• Press and hold the shift key while clicking on
      Restart
      at the login Screen (Bottom right corner) > Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Settings>
      Restart >>Choose Enable Safe mode with networking.

If the mouse/keyboard works, then update the Mouse and keyboard driver. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows+X key on your desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate the mouse drivers, expand, right click and click
      on Update.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to
    uninstall and re-install the drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website
      and download the Driver’s setup file for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Feb 10, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

Keyboard & Mouse Don't Work For A Couple Seconds When Booting Into Windows 10 Lock Screen

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard & Mouse Don't Work For A Couple Seconds When Booting Into Windows 10 Lock Screen

1. Keyboard & Mouse Don't Work For A Couple Seconds When Booting Into Windows 10 Lock Screen - Similar Threads - Keyboard Mouse Don't

2. How to fix keyboard and mouse turning on boot but not working after a couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix keyboard and mouse turning on boot but not working after a couple of seconds: I have tried to fix this for little over a month now I have got no luck. I've tried everything I could think but nothing works. I tried different usb ports but they don't work, but when I use a older keyboard it works. I'm very confused on how I could fix this. I have tried...
  3. How to fix keyboard and mouse turning on boot but not working after a couple of seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix keyboard and mouse turning on boot but not working after a couple of seconds: I have tried to fix this for little over a month now I have got no luck. I've tried everything I could think but nothing works. I tried different usb ports but they don't work, but when I use a older keyboard it works. I'm very confused on how I could fix this. I have tried...
  4. PC boots up but keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots up but keyboard and mouse don't work: I just plugged in my second computer and it boots up normally but when I get to the login screen the keyboard and mouse don't do anything. The backlighting on my keyboard works but no matter what let's I press nothing works and I can't get into my PC. I've tried a second...
  5. PC boots up but keyboard and mouse don't work

PC boots up but keyboard and mouse don't work: I just plugged in my second computer and it boots up normally but when I get to the login screen the keyboard and mouse don't do anything. The backlighting on my keyboard works but no matter what let's I press nothing works and I can't get into my PC. I've tried a second...
  6. Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen: I reset my pc and at the screen where i have to login with my password, my keybourd and mouse don't work, but in bios or something they do. What should i do?...
  7. Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen: I reset my pc and at the screen where i have to login with my password, my keybourd and mouse don't work, but in bios or something they do. What should i do?...
  8. Keyboard and mouse don't work at login screen

9. Keyboard and mouse not working on lock screen

Keyboard and mouse not working on lock screen: Today as I booted up my computer as normal, I found that at the lock screen my keyboard and mouse did not work. After many restarts and trial and error with other keyboards, this is what I have found. All keyboards and mice tested work in the BIOS settings but aside from that...
  10. Mouse and keyboard sometimes don't work after booting

Mouse and keyboard sometimes don't work after booting: I built my new gaming rig about a week ago. Everything worked great for the first few days, but then I started getting this problem that when I booted my PC, the keyboard and mouse sometimes don't work at all. They have about 50/50 chance of working. It's the Corsair Strafe...