Windows 10: Keyboard & Mouse Freezing~Requires Hard Reboot~Windows 10

Discus and support Keyboard & Mouse Freezing~Requires Hard Reboot~Windows 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have two older gaming computers that have been upgraded with solid state hard drives and I wanted to go to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Installs when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Big Rock, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Big Rock Win User

Keyboard & Mouse Freezing~Requires Hard Reboot~Windows 10

I have two older gaming computers that have been upgraded with solid state hard drives and I wanted to go to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Installs when well, only a few minor problems. But on using both computers I have run into the same problem. Randomly, the mouse and keyboard will freeze on both computers. Even the power button will not reboot the computers, rebooting requires unplugging and re-plugging the power cord.

Really don't think it's a hardware problem since both computers are different manufacturers, hardware and configuration. Anyone have any ideas/solutions?

Thanks,

:)

Big Rock, Jun 9, 2020

2. Computer and mouse freeze

Hi

There are several reasons that could have cause your keyboard and mouse to freeze. To know more about the issue, we will ask some questions to help us:

• Were there recent changes made before the issue occurred?
    • What are the steps that you've done so far to know where the issue is coming from?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you refer to this article:
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows
    for us to check all setting needed to help us in resolving your issue.

Let us know about the update.

Kristine Som, Jun 9, 2020
  3. TrawMah Win User
    Windows 10 Randomly Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot.

Windows 10 Randomly Freezes Requiring Hard Reboot. I have tried many fixes from power plan to clean reinstall. nothing seems to work. Brand new PC. Any help would be very helpful.

TrawMah, Jun 9, 2020
  4. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Keyboard & Mouse Freezing~Requires Hard Reboot~Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Keyboard Mouse Freezing~Requires

2. windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot: I've been using Windows since the early 90s so I am not a total n00b but right now I am stumped at the basic 'I think my PC is going to die soon' level. Maybe someone here can tell me if there is something I can do a hardware part to replace or some soft fix to run before I...
  3. windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot: I've been using Windows since the early 90s so I am not a total n00b but right now I am stumped at the basic 'I think my PC is going to die soon' level. Maybe someone here can tell me if there is something I can do a hardware part to replace or some soft fix to run before I...
  4. windows keeps freezing requiring hard reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Sleep mode causes Windows 10 laptop to freeze requiring a hard reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep mode causes Windows 10 laptop to freeze requiring a hard reboot: I have an HP Envy laptop and after installing the latest feature updates, my computer freezes when going into sleep mode requiring me to do a hard reboot, Holding down the power button for 5 seconds in order to be able to use my computer again.If I close the lid on my...
  6. Keyboard & Mouse Freezing~Requires Hard Reboot~Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Mouse Freezing~Requires Hard Reboot~Windows 10: I have two older gaming computers that have been upgraded with solid state hard drives and I wanted to go to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Installs when well, only a few minor problems. But on using both computers I have run into the same problem. Randomly, the mouse and...
  7. Windows 10 screen freezes, along with mouse and keyboard, requiring hard reset or power down.

Windows 10 screen freezes, along with mouse and keyboard, requiring hard reset or power down.: As long as I am working, and there is mouse and/or keyboard activity, everything is 100% stable and functional and I can continue working indefinitely. If I allow the machine to stand idle for some minutes (usually under 5), with no programs running, I get a total freeze,...
  8. Windows 10 screen freezes, along with mouse and keyboard, requiring hard reset or power down.

Windows 10 screen freezes, along with mouse and keyboard, requiring hard reset or power down.: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (1803) Greetings. A much-discussed topic and an issue from which I also suffer, and have not yet found the right answer to. As long as I am working, and there is mouse and/or keyboard activity, everything is 100% stable and functional and I can...
  9. Moving mouse causes Windows 10 to freeze, requiring reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Moving mouse causes Windows 10 to freeze, requiring reboot: I have a Windows 10 PC. The mouse I'd been using recently developed problems and I had to replace it. Now occasionally (sometimes it'll go several days without happening) I'll be moving the mouse and the PC will freeze and I'll have to do a cold reset. When I look at Device...
  10. Hard freezing hard reboot required

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard freezing hard reboot required: Hi there, I recently upgraded my PC to: i7-8700k MSI Tomahawk G.Skill Trident 2x8GB 3200 Ever since I did the upgrade and fresh installed Windows 10 to my SSD, I've been having quite a few problems with this build, My computer sometimes maybe once a day hard freezes to the...