Windows 10: Keyboard/Mouse not working randomly after waking up from sleep

Discus and support Keyboard/Mouse not working randomly after waking up from sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So there are a couple of times (not very often) when my keyboard OR mouse doesn't work after waking up my Win 10 system from sleep. What I do is to let... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kevindd992002, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Keyboard/Mouse not working randomly after waking up from sleep

So there are a couple of times (not very often) when my keyboard OR mouse doesn't work after waking up my Win 10 system from sleep. What I do is to let it sleep and wake it up again and everything seems to be normal again. Not something major but definitely an annoyance. The weird thing is that when this issue happens the LED's on my keyboard or mouse are lit up so there's definitely power coming from the USB ports.

:)

kevindd992002, Jul 24, 2016

2. Sleep Problem

None of the above worked. I find that, after I did the troubleshoot, the PS2 Keyboard check marked "Allow this device to wake the computer", does not interfere with the computer going to sleep. But the keyboard does not wake up the computer. I have the
    bios ACPI setting to allow the keyboard to wake the computer using the space bar, but it does not work. If I plug in a keyboard/mouse unifying receiver or any USB Keyboard/Mouse, the computer will not go to sleep.

klamontagne, Jul 24, 2016
  3. MikeOhart Win User
    Windows 10 Power and Sleep Problem

After no activity the laptop goes into the normal sleep mode, I can wake it up with the keyboard or mouse. But this only lasts for about 15 minutes after first going to sleep. It then goes into another mode where the keyboard and mouse get no response and
    the power key is the only option to wake it up. This would not be a problem but it sometimes takes up to one hundred presses of the power button to wake it up. Also I have to unplug the power adapter because it will go into a repetitive startup cycle that
    last for about five seconds each time. Is there a way to eliminate this deep sleep mode that disables the keyboard and mouse and refuses to wake normally?

Moved from ( Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings )

MikeOhart, Jul 24, 2016
  4. letmein Win User

Keyboard/Mouse not working randomly after waking up from sleep

Sounds like somethings running in the background. Check to see if any devices are plugged in , printer, camera, usb flash drive... and see if removing them helps resolve the issue.

letmein, Jul 24, 2016
Thema:

Keyboard/Mouse not working randomly after waking up from sleep

1. Keyboard/Mouse not working randomly after waking up from sleep - Similar Threads - Keyboard Mouse working

2. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  3. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  4. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse not waking up when resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse not waking up when resuming from sleep: I've been facing this issue for a while now regarding sleep mode. The PC enters sleep mode normally, but when I click the power button again to wake up the system, the keyboard and mouse stays off, and the monitor doesn't turn on. Everything inside the case turns on (fans,...
  6. Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse don't wake up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse don't wake up from sleep: Currently running 1809, but this happens on latest stable and even insider preview versions. I hit sleep, and the PC goes into sleep mode normally, in about 2 seconds. However, when I go to wake it up from sleep, the PC turns on and the case RGB lights up and everything,...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard not working after laptop wake-up.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and Keyboard not working after laptop wake-up.: I am using a dell E5430 and I never had any issue like this up to now. Every time I put my laptop on sleep and then wake up, my mouse and keyboard stop working so I need to make an Hard-restart with the help of the power button as it became 100% unresponsive. I have...
  8. Computer randomly wakes up from sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer randomly wakes up from sleep: My computer tends to randomly wake up form sleeping and I'm not sure why. This isn't at any specific time for maintenance, its completely random. I do have an ultralight mouse and the problem might be that it slides around a bit and turns on the computer but i'm not...
  9. keyboard not working after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not working after waking up from sleep: Hi, I have a dell desktop running windows 10, all patches and updates are applied both from Microsoft and Dell. The computer goes to sleep after 30 minutes, and at least twice a day, when I wake it up the keyboard doesn't work, and I get a pop up message that a usb device...
  10. [Wireless Keyboard & Mouse] PC Wakes up from Sleep shortly after.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    [Wireless Keyboard & Mouse] PC Wakes up from Sleep shortly after.: Good evening TenForums, I currently use a wireless mouse and keyboard, with the usb stick in the rear of the computer. Due to the positioning of my PC, it's annoying to turn on and off, so I just put my PC to sleep. However, within maybe an hour (usually 30 minutes), my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wired mouse will not work after wake from sleep

2. keyboard and mouse not waking up