Windows 10: Keyboard, mouse, screen and power button not working

Discus and support Keyboard, mouse, screen and power button not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had my windows 10 dell laptop repaired 3 weeks ago and everything was working perfectly whole laptop was reset and today the keyboard stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HarleeMorris, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Keyboard, mouse, screen and power button not working

I had my windows 10 dell laptop repaired 3 weeks ago and everything was working perfectly whole laptop was reset and today the keyboard stopped working, the screen froze, the mouse froze and when i tried to turn it off, the power button done nothing forcing me to have to wait for it to run out of power, i them turned it back on and it was working perfectly, 20 mins later same thing happened again but this time the mouse wasnt frozen, i looked on google and done something like "sf /scannow" to try and fix any file corruption but it said there was nothing wrong with it, someone help?

:)

HarleeMorris, Dec 31, 2019

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Keyboard, mouse, screen and power button not working

Wireless mouse and keyboard are not working on Windows 10.

Hi Yengema,

Please reply, are you facing issue only operating Keyboard?

If your mouse is in working condition, use On-screen keyboard and perform the steps suggested above and check if the issue is resolved.

To activate On-screen keyboard, follow the steps below:

• From the lock-screen click on Ease of access icon located at the bottom right corner next to power icon.

• Login into the user account by entering the password.

• Right click on the Windows logo located at the bottom left corner of the screen and select
      Control panel from the context menu.

• Click on Ease of Access and select
      Ease of Access Center from the right side panel of the window.

• Click on Start On-Screen keyboard and follow the steps replied on
      February 22, 2016.

• After performing the steps restart the computer and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the above issue, elaborate the same is necessary for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard, mouse, screen and power button not working

1. Keyboard, mouse, screen and power button not working - Similar Threads - Keyboard mouse screen

2. Keyboard suddenly not working besides enter power button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard suddenly not working besides enter power button: I have recently started having problems with my Nitro 5 laptop, the keyboard buttons do not work besides the power button, I have tried doing the the start up, installing the keyboard driver, even resetting my laptop, only got it to still not work. I noticed I had an update...
  3. Only power button works on keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only power button works on keyboard: Hi,I have dropped a few drops of water on my keyboard before the failure. Straight after that i cleaned the keyboard with a dry cloth. The only button working on the keyboard is the power key. The touchpad is responsive. The keyboard is permanently highlighted. Other...
  4. Only power button works on keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only power button works on keyboard: Hi,I have dropped a few drops of water on my keyboard before the failure. Straight after that i cleaned the keyboard with a dry cloth. The only button working on the keyboard is the power key. The touchpad is responsive. The keyboard is permanently highlighted. Other...
  5. My keyboard ain't working but the power button does

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard ain't working but the power button does: hello, I've tried troubleshooting my keyboard but it does not fix the problem. I'm having a hard time fixing it and trying to find an issue relating to this but I can't find any. I also tried looking for it on the device manager but i can't see the keyboard on it. before i...
  6. My keyboard ain't working but the power button does

My keyboard ain't working but the power button does: hello, I've tried troubleshooting my keyboard but it does not fix the problem. I'm having a hard time fixing it and trying to find an issue relating to this but I can't find any. I also tried looking for it on the device manager but i can't see the keyboard on it. before i...
  7. Mobile mouse 3600 power button did not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile mouse 3600 power button did not work: mobile mouse 3600 power button did not work, the power lamp up when i but the battery.- the bottom did not work to reset or power off or pair * Moved from Community Center...
  8. Mobile mouse 3600 power button did not work

Mobile mouse 3600 power button did not work: mobile mouse 3600 power button did not work, the power lamp up when i but the battery.- the bottom did not work to reset or power off or pair * Moved from Community Center...
  9. Keyboard power button disabling

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard power button disabling: I need a clarification:My desktop's mechanical keyboard has the classic dangerous "power" button, which after X PCs the last 35 years I pressed for the 1st time in my life accidentally 2 times the last days, resulting in annoyance the 1st time and work loss the 2nd. Trying to...
  10. Laptop screen froze, keyboard and power button not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop screen froze, keyboard and power button not working: I was on my computer playing a game, up until my keyboard stopped working. Then my power button wouldn't work even if I held it down for more than 30 seconds. Then my screen just froze. I can't do anything and I'm waiting for my computer to run out of battery. This is the...