Windows 10: keyboard mute/unmute button not working

Discus and support keyboard mute/unmute button not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have looked around for answers on this topic but it always brings me to people who have mute buttons on their external device, I do not. I use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by QuintonSmith, Aug 10, 2021.

1. keyboard mute/unmute button not working

I have looked around for answers on this topic but it always brings me to people who have mute buttons on their external device, I do not. I use the one built into my keyboard, but recently it has stopped working. when I hit the button it'll say "microphone on/off" but it doesn't actually mute the sound. how do I fix this to where it's actually working properly so I can mute/unmute myself without manually doing it in discord/game bar.

:)

QuintonSmith, Aug 10, 2021
  2. vascuelo Win User

mute/unmute on active call for 6650

I recently received my 6650 - a nice phone, but not having a mute/unmute toggle button on an active call is terrible! Is there any way to fix this? or is there a 3rd party application to allow mapping the mute/unmute "option" to a keypress?

vascuelo, Aug 10, 2021
  3. Muting and Unmuting?

I want to participate in a phone conference...how do I mute and unmute my phone so that I can listen only or speak?

Lambdadragon, Aug 10, 2021
  4. singcheng Win User

keyboard mute/unmute button not working

Headset not working after mute/unmute

If you have the headset plugged in and mute it, it won't work after you unmute regardless if you unplugged and re-plug in the headset.
    No issue with the speaker if you unplugged the headset.
    You may have to adjust the volume to zero and up the volume again for it to work again.

singcheng, Aug 10, 2021
Thema:

keyboard mute/unmute button not working

1. keyboard mute/unmute button not working - Similar Threads - keyboard mute unmute

2. While using headphone, volume buttons are not working, also mute unmute not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    While using headphone, volume buttons are not working, also mute unmute not working.: On click of volume button, volume slider is changing but no effect on volume.On click of mute/unmute button, slider is opening but not changing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-using-headphone-volume-buttons-are-not/a0c0f6c6-0695-48d6-b3ea-c52ae663626a
  3. While using headphone, volume buttons are not working, also mute unmute not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    While using headphone, volume buttons are not working, also mute unmute not working.: On click of volume button, volume slider is changing but no effect on volume.On click of mute/unmute button, slider is opening but not changing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/while-using-headphone-volume-buttons-are-not/a0c0f6c6-0695-48d6-b3ea-c52ae663626a
  4. My mute button light on F5 is always on, but the mute/unmute works fine

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My mute button light on F5 is always on, but the mute/unmute works fine: So it has only been a couple of days since I noticed that my mute button light is permanently on with an orange colour, but the function of the button seems to be fine as it mutes and unmutes as it should. I don't know what is causing this or how to fix it....
  5. My mute button light on F5 is always on, but the mute/unmute works fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mute button light on F5 is always on, but the mute/unmute works fine: So it has only been a couple of days since I noticed that my mute button light is permanently on with an orange colour, but the function of the button seems to be fine as it mutes and unmutes as it should. I don't know what is causing this or how to fix it....
  6. My mute button light on F5 is always on, but the mute/unmute works fine

7. Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting: So I have a laptop and have had the same one for a while but just today for some reason the mute mic button next to the sound up button hasn't been working right. if it is working right, the light on the button is on if the mic is muted and off if the mic is on, but when I...
  8. Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting

Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting: So I have a laptop and have had the same one for a while but just today for some reason the mute mic button next to the sound up button hasn't been working right. if it is working right, the light on the button is on if the mic is muted and off if the mic is on, but when I...
  9. Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Headset not working after mute/unmute

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset not working after mute/unmute: If you have the headset plugged in and mute it, it won't work after you unmute regardless if you unplugged and re-plug in the headset. No issue with the speaker if you unplugged the headset. You may have to adjust the volume to zero and up the volume again for it to work...