Windows 10: KEYBOARD NO LONGER APPEARS ON TASKBAR IN 1809

Discus and support KEYBOARD NO LONGER APPEARS ON TASKBAR IN 1809 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; SINCE UPDATING TO VERSION 1809, THE KEYBOARD LANGUAGE ICON HAS DISAPPEARED FROM THE TASKBAR. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT, THE DEFAULT LANGUAGE CANNOT BE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HaimSny, Nov 12, 2018.

1. HaimSny Win User

KEYBOARD NO LONGER APPEARS ON TASKBAR IN 1809

SINCE UPDATING TO VERSION 1809, THE KEYBOARD LANGUAGE ICON HAS DISAPPEARED FROM THE TASKBAR.

NOT ONLY THAT, BUT, THE DEFAULT LANGUAGE CANNOT BE CHANGED. THIS IS BEING WRITTEN IN CAPS BECAUSE OF THIS. I LIVE IN ISRAEL, SO HEBREW IS ALSO A NECESSARY LANGUAGE.

:)

HaimSny, Nov 12, 2018

2. Jump Lists No Longer Appear

After the uninstallation of some software yesterday, I no longer have jump lists in my taskbar icons. I right click on them, and there's no response whatsoever. Right click functionality on the taskbar itself and in all other places appears to be normal. I'm hoping there will be a relatively simple registry key I can edit or something. Anyone have some suggestions?

lightwriter, Nov 12, 2018
  3. Mail & Edge won't appear along taskbar & no icons are appearing for either.

Hi Ramon

I have run the SFC and a clean boot as you suggest but the problem persists.

Another little example of the problem is I opened the Calculator app for use recently, and upon minimising it the icon did not appear on the taskbar below and so Calculator became no longer retrievable from that point.

I have now managed to pin the Mail app to the taskbar, but this was only achieved by finding an old email and opening it through Mail which was set as the default program. Mail still does not appear in the programs list.

Any further suggestions?

chasunderpay, Nov 12, 2018
  4. dalchina Win User

Jump Lists No Longer Appear

You could try this free program (easy to find) - options switch jump lists on and off.

KEYBOARD NO LONGER APPEARS ON TASKBAR IN 1809 [​IMG]

(a nice feature of it is if you mouse over the taskbar, the scroll wheel controls volume)

There's also this setting (bottom) (just search Settings for jump)

KEYBOARD NO LONGER APPEARS ON TASKBAR IN 1809 [​IMG]

dalchina, Nov 12, 2018
Thema:

1. KEYBOARD NO LONGER APPEARS ON TASKBAR IN 1809 - Similar Threads - KEYBOARD LONGER APPEARS

2. On screen keyboard appears on startup.

in Windows 10 Customization
    On screen keyboard appears on startup.: BACKGROUND: I have a new surface pro6 with keyboard cover and a desktop machine. Both run Win10 pro. The Surface pro 6 is a replacement since the first one's WIFI system failed. At some point when setting up the original SP6, I must have clicked something which allowed...
  3. Onscreen Keyboard Won't Run/Appear (After Update 1809)

in Windows 10 Support
    Onscreen Keyboard Won't Run/Appear (After Update 1809): Hi, I'm using an HP Pavillion All-In-One PC. It has a 27 inch touch screen. It was recently updated to Window 10 Home version 1809 with seemingly no problems. However, when I tap the onscreen keyboard button, which is located on the right side of the task bar, the keyboard...
  4. Emoji keyboard no longer appears

in Windows 10 Customization
    Emoji keyboard no longer appears: Windows 10 starts differently every day, a problem it has had since the beginning. Many of those examples are recorded here. The latest: how do you get the emoji selection? Yesterday it was the Windows key and the full stop (period). This combination no longer works. What has...
  5. Stereo Mix no longer appears.

in Windows 10 Support
    Stereo Mix no longer appears.: Windows 1803 (OS Build 17134.48) The machine was recently returned from an IT company who removed a corrupt update because it refused to boot up. I now find that Stereo Mix is not showing up in the audio windows which opens on right clicking the 'speaker icon on the...
  6. Volume Icon not appearing in taskbar

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume Icon not appearing in taskbar: Sometimes when I restart my PC the volume button doesn't show up in the Task-bar. Some days its there and its fine but other days I cant seem to locate it and going in and manually disabling it and re-enabling it does nothing. The pictures below show my task-bar without an...
  7. Taskbar options no longer work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar options no longer work.: Right clicking on the taskbar clock doesn't open the calendar, it opens the same window which appears when right clicking in a vacant area of the taskbar. Right clicking on the action centre icon and then on Open Action Centre doesn't do anything except close that window....
  8. Jump Lists No Longer Appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Jump Lists No Longer Appear: After the uninstallation of some software yesterday, I no longer have jump lists in my taskbar icons. I right click on them, and there's no response whatsoever. Right click functionality on the taskbar itself and in all other places appears to be normal. I'm hoping there will...
  9. No taskbar, no icons appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No taskbar, no icons appearing: I can't get into the settings to factory reset my computer. I use windows buttom + i. It never loads. I already tried going into powershell and copy and pasting what's normally pasted into there. It never finishes loading up the command so I just close it after. Please Help...
  10. No program icons on taskbar appearing

in Windows 10 Support
    No program icons on taskbar appearing: So I just upgraded my grandma's laptop to Win 10 for her. Now, when I open any app, no taskbar icon is placed on the taskbar. I could have 5 apps open and the only thing on the taskbar are the start button, cortana search bar and the task view button. Any ideas why this is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no keyboard settings 1809