Windows 10: Keyboard no longer waking the computer (used to work).

Discus and support Keyboard no longer waking the computer (used to work). in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have the "wake the computer with this device" power management box checked (just for the keyboard, not the mouse). It always woke the computer before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by John Pombrio, Mar 1, 2015.

1. Keyboard no longer waking the computer (used to work).

I have the "wake the computer with this device" power management box checked (just for the keyboard, not the mouse). It always woke the computer before but for the last few days, the keyboard lights up but no screen. I have to push the Power button to wake it up. USB cable for the keyboard. Strange.

:)

John Pombrio, Mar 1, 2015

2. Sleep failure after upgrade

My workstation no longer goes to sleep when no activity is detected, it goes to sleep then shuts down the to the point the computer must reboot, bios thing, and after a while it loads the 'sleep image. The mouse or keyboard do not wake the computer I must
    press the power button to 'wake' the computer or in this instance power the computer on.

If I press the sleep key on the keyboard everything works as it should, computer screens turn off and the computer lights go off but touching the mouse or keyboard wakes the computer as it should.

Please fix this.

Windows 10 Version 1511 build 10586.63

Intel D5400SX with 2 Xeon CPU Nvidia Quadro 5000

Buriedcrazy, Mar 1, 2015
  3. Sleep Problem

None of the above worked. I find that, after I did the troubleshoot, the PS2 Keyboard check marked "Allow this device to wake the computer", does not interfere with the computer going to sleep. But the keyboard does not wake up the computer. I have the
    bios ACPI setting to allow the keyboard to wake the computer using the space bar, but it does not work. If I plug in a keyboard/mouse unifying receiver or any USB Keyboard/Mouse, the computer will not go to sleep.

klamontagne, Mar 1, 2015
  4. usasma Win User

Keyboard no longer waking the computer (used to work).

May not be relative for your system, but my Samsung laptop has the same problem. I blame it on the USB drivers, but have never been able to fix it (started shortly after Win8 came out).

Try updating chipset, storage, and USB drivers.
    Good luck!

usasma, Mar 2, 2015
Thema:

Keyboard no longer waking the computer (used to work).

1. Keyboard no longer waking the computer (used to work). - Similar Threads - Keyboard longer waking

2. Keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello!About 2 days ago my left CTRL key stopped working, no worries - I could use the right one.It slowly got annoying through the day so I restarted my PC Windows 10 Desktop. Then the right CTRL also stopped working alongside alt and windows keys for shortcuts.I can't CTRL...
  3. Keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello!About 2 days ago my left CTRL key stopped working, no worries - I could use the right one.It slowly got annoying through the day so I restarted my PC Windows 10 Desktop. Then the right CTRL also stopped working alongside alt and windows keys for shortcuts.I can't CTRL...
  4. Keyboard Shortcuts No Longer Working

Keyboard Shortcuts No Longer Working: All of a sudden my keyboard shortcuts ie Ctrl+O etc no longer work. Is there a way that I can toggle this back on? I must have accidentally turned them off?...
  5. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  6. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  7. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

8. Keyboard no longer able to wake computer from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard no longer able to wake computer from sleep: I have Microsoft ergonomic KB, model 4000 v1.0 (15 years old), running on Win 10 Pro system, version 2004. I have configured powercfg to enable wake on KB. For the past few years this has worked. It was plugged into the back of my desktop computer. The other day I unplugged...
  9. Keyboard no longer works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard no longer works: A message came up on my screen and i declined and then my keyboard wireless no longer works! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-no-longer-works/29929ff4-aace-4b49-80b4-be0b6be06d52
  10. Backlit Keyboard No Longer Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Backlit Keyboard No Longer Working: I have an HP Spectre and my keyboard backlight is no longer working (F5 key). I've done research on HP support forum but no one seems to know the reasoning. I can only assume that this is a Windows Update issue/glitch? Any suggestions as well? I've also tried things like...