Windows 10: Keyboard no longer works on Startup Settings Screen

Discus and support Keyboard no longer works on Startup Settings Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, ever since my win 10 pro 64 bit machine was updated to version 1809 last year I can no longer select options from the Startup Settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Milestrom, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Milestrom Win User

Keyboard no longer works on Startup Settings Screen

Hello, ever since my win 10 pro 64 bit machine was updated to version 1809 last year I can no longer select options from the Startup Settings screen...no safe mode, disable driver enforcement etc. I have a Dell wireless multimedia keyboard & mouse combo (TH-0U0097) that I have been using since 2004 and has worked perfectly through all my Windows 7 years and after I upgraded to Win 10. During this time I had no problems using Startup settings to disable Driver Enforcement when I want to install my Dolby Home Theater V4 sound drivers, but since the 1809 update the keyboard no longer works on that screen...I am now in version 1903 with no luck.

I have tried EVERYTHING, all the command prompts, ran sfc /scannow, registry changes, group policy stuff, changed everything in Bios to legacy (Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 R5) cleared Cmos, bought PS/2 keyboard, searched for compatible Dell keyboard drivers (didn't find any). And now things have gotten a little worse because the last command I tried (bcdedit /set {globalsettings} advancedoptions true & bcdedit /set {globalsettings} advancedoptions false) has somehow disabled Startup Settings screen from showing up anymore, (after selecting 'restart' to boot to that screen the PC just boots to the desktop as normal) Is there any solution to this problem?

Thanks for any response.

:)

Milestrom, Sep 19, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Startup photos no longer working

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key.
    • Click on setting.
    • Select Personalization.
    • Click on lock screen.
    • Turn on “Show lock screen background picture on the sign in screen”.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Sep 19, 2019
  3. Ticked Win User
    laptop keyboard and touchpad not working

Problem: computer starts up normally and goes to the password log-in screen, but nothing happens when I try to enter the password. The computer doesn't appear to see any keystrokes.
    Solutions tried:

1. rebooted
    2. removed and replaced main battery
    3. attached USB keyboard
    4. hit Enter key on startup: successful in opening the Advance Options menu, but am unable to take any of the actions because all require that I enter the laptop password
    5. looked for an onscreen keyboard, but there isn't one because this isn't a touch screen computer
    Why I think this is a Windows issue:

1. the computer recognizes when I hit the Enter key on startup
    2. the USB keyboard doesn’t work
    3. the keyboard touchpad doesn’t work, but the attached USB mouse DOES work

Ticked, Sep 19, 2019
  4. Keyboard no longer works on Startup Settings Screen

Problem trackpad and keyboard sometimes don't work at startup.

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type
      troubleshooting

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad and Keyboard drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad and Keyboard drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click
      Device Manager.

• Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.

• Select the option to Delete driver software.

• Follow the same steps to uninstall keyboard driver.

• Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset, touchpad and keyboard drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 19, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard no longer works on Startup Settings Screen

1. Keyboard no longer works on Startup Settings Screen - Similar Threads - Keyboard longer works

2. Keyboard not working on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working on startup: Cant use keyboard during start up running windows 10 Device: Ideapad 330sWindoss 10 HomeWhen i run Lenovo diagnosis program and do the keyboard test it starts working again!...
  3. Keyboard not working on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not working on startup: Cant use keyboard during start up running windows 10 Device: Ideapad 330sWindoss 10 HomeWhen i run Lenovo diagnosis program and do the keyboard test it starts working again!...
  4. Keyboard not working on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello!About 2 days ago my left CTRL key stopped working, no worries - I could use the right one.It slowly got annoying through the day so I restarted my PC Windows 10 Desktop. Then the right CTRL also stopped working alongside alt and windows keys for shortcuts.I can't CTRL...
  6. Keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello!About 2 days ago my left CTRL key stopped working, no worries - I could use the right one.It slowly got annoying through the day so I restarted my PC Windows 10 Desktop. Then the right CTRL also stopped working alongside alt and windows keys for shortcuts.I can't CTRL...
  7. Keyboard is not on in startup settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard is not on in startup settings: So I got a blue screen of death, the stopcode was KMODE_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. I looked it up and it means I have out of date drivers. So I rebooted my pc and windows tried to repair but failed. I then tried to start my pc in safemode with networking but I can't press 5 to...
  8. Mouse and keyboard not working on startup screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and keyboard not working on startup screen: I suspect the latest update, this has happened before. Previously, booting into safe mode worked for solving this problem, but it hasnt worked this time. Looking for next steps. Also the password from my live account isn't working on my computer. I would like to keepy...
  9. Keyboard no longer works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard no longer works: A message came up on my screen and i declined and then my keyboard wireless no longer works! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-no-longer-works/29929ff4-aace-4b49-80b4-be0b6be06d52
  10. On Screen Keyboard on startup

in Windows 10 Support
    On Screen Keyboard on startup: is there a way to disable the on screen keyboard on startup? I don't need it on my desktops or my Surface pro any help would be awesome. Ta peeps 17365