Windows 10: Keyboard no longer works on Windows 10 after an update

Discus and support Keyboard no longer works on Windows 10 after an update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Following an automatic update last night, my keyboard no longer works on Windows 10. There is no problem with the keyboard itself or the USB ports, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by whatsgoingonman, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Keyboard no longer works on Windows 10 after an update

Following an automatic update last night, my keyboard no longer works on Windows 10. There is no problem with the keyboard itself or the USB ports, as I have a separate installation of Linux on the same machine which works fine. I also cannot access the WinRE screen as the "shut down 3 times at the windows logo" method sends me to a screen saying "Preparing Automatic Repair" which hangs for 10+ minutes before hitting a BSOD with the stopcode driver_pnp_watchdog. Can anyone help with this?

:)

whatsgoingonman, Nov 4, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Hi,

Have you tried updating
    your mouse and keyboard driver? If not, we suggest you to do so. There is a possibility that the driver is not compatible with the new Windows 10 update. However, one
    of the workarounds that we suggest for your mouse and keyboard to work is to update the driver. If the symptom persist, you can run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter. To run the Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On your search bar, type
      Troubleshooting.

• Change the view to
      View all.

• Choose
      Hardware and Devices
      and run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 4, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 4, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

Keyboard no longer works on Windows 10 after an update

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 4, 2019
Thema:

Keyboard no longer works on Windows 10 after an update

1. Keyboard no longer works on Windows 10 after an update - Similar Threads - Keyboard longer works

2. After today's update several keys on keyboard no longer work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After today's update several keys on keyboard no longer work: The numbers that won't work on the top bar- 2,5,7,8, as well as the shifted symbols for these numbersThe numbers that won't work on the number pad- 3,0The letters that won't work- k,u Additional symbols that won't work- ? and . and \No error message. I have tried restarting....
  3. After today's update several keys on keyboard no longer work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After today's update several keys on keyboard no longer work: The numbers that won't work on the top bar- 2,5,7,8, as well as the shifted symbols for these numbersThe numbers that won't work on the number pad- 3,0The letters that won't work- k,u Additional symbols that won't work- ? and . and \No error message. I have tried restarting....
  4. Specific keyboard no longer works on pc after using it to update windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Specific keyboard no longer works on pc after using it to update windows 10: After installing an update for windows 10 the keyboard i was using during it is no longer functioning on that computer. It works fine on my laptop as well as other keyboards working on the update pc. Ive tried all the troubleshoot systems and all of them tell me that...
  5. Specific keyboard no longer works on pc after using it to update windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific keyboard no longer works on pc after using it to update windows 10: After installing an update for windows 10 the keyboard i was using during it is no longer functioning on that computer. It works fine on my laptop as well as other keyboards working on the update pc. Ive tried all the troubleshoot systems and all of them tell me that...
  6. Specific keyboard no longer works on pc after using it to update windows 10

7. Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update: Hi all.I went through the recent update this afternoon and since then my keyboard shortcut keys - J and K specifically - no longer work on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.It really important to me that these shortcut keys work as I have mobility and...
  8. Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update

Keyboard shortcut keys no longer working after update: Hi all.I went through the recent update this afternoon and since then my keyboard shortcut keys - J and K specifically - no longer work on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, etc.It really important to me that these shortcut keys work as I have mobility and...
  9. After a windows update my keyboard and mouse no longer work

After a windows update my keyboard and mouse no longer work: Hi I shut down my computer last night and turned it on to find that windows had installed an update without telling me. Now, when boot to the screen that shows the time date etc, nothing happens when I press any buttons on my keyboard or mouse. None of the lights are on and...
  10. Wireless trackpad and keyboard no longer working after Windows update

Wireless trackpad and keyboard no longer working after Windows update: I use Windows 10 on a Dell XPS 13 9370. I also have a Logitech T650 wireless trackpad and a Microsoft Sculpt keyboard. Everything was working fine until I installed some Windows updates last week. Now the keyboard suddenly gets stuck and repeats random keys from time to...