Windows 10: Keyboard nor mouse working. Computer won't boot up.

Discus and support Keyboard nor mouse working. Computer won't boot up. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Im running windows 10 and my computer will not boot up. Keyboard and mouse both NOT working. I changed different to usb ports thinking that might help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LorrieAltamirano, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Keyboard nor mouse working. Computer won't boot up.

Im running windows 10 and my computer will not boot up. Keyboard and mouse both NOT working. I changed different to usb ports thinking that might help but to no avail..please help me. It was working fine a few days ago. Its a dell optiplex745.

:)

LorrieAltamirano, Oct 27, 2018

2. Mouse/Keyboard work in BIOS, they do not work once computer boots

I have been using computers for over 25 years now, and I have never run across a problem like this. Backstory: I built my current PC about a year ago. Everything worked perfectly until about 5 days ago. At that point, it needed to restart. I restarted it, and upon boot neither the mouse or keyboard would respond. I tried a different mouse and keyboard, they did not work either. I tried both of the mice and keyboards with another PC, and they worked fine. This absolutely rules out the problem being the inputs.Then, I noticed that the mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS. However, after exiting BIOS and booting, they stop responding altogether. I have gone into system recovery countless times and tried literally every recovery option listed, to no avail. Any suggestions to help would be GREATLY appreciated. For the past 5 days I have literally had a $3000 paperweight.

JamesKBoyd, Oct 27, 2018
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Oct 27, 2018
  4. Keyboard nor mouse working. Computer won't boot up.

Keyboard and mouse not working on Windows 10.

Hi,

The above issue might occur due to non-updated or incompatible keyboard and mouse device drivers installed on the computer. The issue might also occur due to any of the third party applications conflicting with the device drivers installed on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• How did you upgrade to Windows 10 (via Media Creation Tool or
      Windows Updates)?
    • After upgrading the PC, did you update the device drivers installed on the computer?
    • Did you make any system changes prior to the issue?
    • Did you check if similar issue occurs on booting the PC in Safe mode?

If you are facing the above issue on desktop, check if similar issue persists on connecting other mouse and keyboard to the computer. If the issue is on laptop, I suggest you to connect an external keyboard and mouse devices and check if similar issue
    persists.

If other connected keyboard and mouse works on the computer I suggest you to
    update the keyboard and mouse drivers manually from Device manager by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Window logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager
      from the context menu.
    • Expand Keyboard option to update keyboard drivers and
      Mice and other pointing devices
      for mouse drivers.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update this software from the context menu.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction and wait until the update is complete
    • After the update is complete, close the windows, connect the previously connected devices and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of keyboard and mouse not working on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 27, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard nor mouse working. Computer won't boot up.

1. Keyboard nor mouse working. Computer won't boot up. - Similar Threads - Keyboard nor mouse

2. Computer's mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer's mouse and keyboard not working: Hi, my computer was running fine up until this morning, issues are that I cannot use my keyboard or mouse while on the initial lock screen however I can use them when on the BiOS menus. Tried booting up in safe mode but that sent me to the same lock screen but that time it...
  3. Computer mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer mouse and keyboard not working: Was on my computer when suddenly my mouse and keyboard stopped working. Tried turning it off and on still nothing , the LEDs on my keyboard still light up and the laser at the bottom of my mouse still lights up but doesn't do anything , I cant do anything ,can't log in ,I...
  4. PC boots up but keyboard and mouse don't work

PC boots up but keyboard and mouse don't work: I just plugged in my second computer and it boots up normally but when I get to the login screen the keyboard and mouse don't do anything. The backlighting on my keyboard works but no matter what let's I press nothing works and I can't get into my PC. I've tried a second...
  5. PC boots up but keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC boots up but keyboard and mouse don't work: I just plugged in my second computer and it boots up normally but when I get to the login screen the keyboard and mouse don't do anything. The backlighting on my keyboard works but no matter what let's I press nothing works and I can't get into my PC. I've tried a second...
  6. PC boots up but keyboard and mouse don't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Computer won't boot up.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer won't boot up.: Friends computer was hacked, He had bank seal his accounts, no harm, hacker did something and computer will not boot up, Two technicians have not been able to fix it. Do any of those Thumb Drive repairs advertised on the internet work. They say they go in and remove viruses...
  8. NO keyboard or mouse working once windows boots up

NO keyboard or mouse working once windows boots up: After switching on my computer, all USB ports become inactive once the computer boots up. If I go into BIOS, they are working fine and responding but not once booted up and windows has appeared. This seems to be a common problem and most solutions expect the keyboard or mouse...
  9. NO keyboard or mouse working once windows boots up

in Windows 10 Customization
    NO keyboard or mouse working once windows boots up: After switching on my computer, all USB ports become inactive once the computer boots up. If I go into BIOS, they are working fine and responding but not once booted up and windows has appeared. This seems to be a common problem and most solutions expect the keyboard or mouse...
  10. Mouse and Keyboard Won't Work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse and Keyboard Won't Work: We have HP Pavilion Desktop, running Windows 10. Recently, the mouse and keyboard abruptly stopped working at the time! I turned off the pc, waited a few minutes, turned it back on - nothing. Changed the batteries in both. Still dead. Six and a half hours later, they came...