Windows 10: Keyboard not accepting button press of number "9" until after repeat delay activates

Discus and support Keyboard not accepting button press of number "9" until after repeat delay activates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title suggests, I am only able to type the number 9 after holding the key beyond the point of the character repeat delay, at which point it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ColeMaly, Jun 11, 2021.

1. ColeMaly Win User

Keyboard not accepting button press of number "9" until after repeat delay activates

As the title suggests, I am only able to type the number 9 after holding the key beyond the point of the character repeat delay, at which point it will press as normal, repeating the character until released. I have tested this issue with 2 keyboards and have additionally bound a tertiary button on my mouse with identical results on all three mediums. I do not have this issue on any other key that produces a character.

:)

ColeMaly, Jun 11, 2021

2. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Keyboard repeat delay

Hi!

The repeat delay of my keyboard, the time it passes after I press a key and it starts to repeat, keeps going to all the way to the left (slow). I have to manually set it in fast. Is there any way so it wont change.

PatrickFeeney Tamayo, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Keyboard not accepting button press of number "9" until after repeat delay activates

Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Win 10, I'm unable to change my keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed.

JosephBrunner41, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard not accepting button press of number "9" until after repeat delay activates

1. Keyboard not accepting button press of number "9" until after repeat delay activates - Similar Threads - Keyboard accepting button

2. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay: Whenever I hold Backspace on my keyboard, the speed rate of my keyboard increases. It seems to have gone faster than the maximum you could change it to in the settings. Whenever I hold a key, take "W" for an example, it works fine. However, when I hold down backspace to...
  3. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay: Whenever I hold Backspace on my keyboard, the speed rate of my keyboard increases. It seems to have gone faster than the maximum you could change it to in the settings. Whenever I hold a key, take "W" for an example, it works fine. However, when I hold down backspace to...
  4. Keyboard Backspace - Repeat Rate and Delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Keyboard repeat delay not changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard repeat delay not changing: After I installed a new update for windows 11, I noticed that my characters start to repeat after like under half a second and it is really annoying when typing because it usually starts to repeat after half a second. The keyboard character repeat in control panel does not...
  6. Keyboard repeat delay not changing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard repeat delay not changing: After I installed a new update for windows 11, I noticed that my characters start to repeat after like under half a second and it is really annoying when typing because it usually starts to repeat after half a second. The keyboard character repeat in control panel does not...
  7. Keyboard repeat delay

Keyboard repeat delay: Hi! The repeat delay of my keyboard, the time it passes after I press a key and it starts to repeat, keeps going to all the way to the left slow. I have to manually set it in fast. Is there any way so it wont change....
  8. Keyboard repeat rate and delay reset after hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard repeat rate and delay reset after hibernation: This problem is found multiple times without resolution and all threads are locked without solution. This seems to happen mostly on Lenovo laptops. The solution is simple. Create a task in Task scheduler that is triggered atopen session. Make sure to uncheck the Only...
  9. Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation: This problem is found multiple times without resolution and all threads are locked without solution. This seems to happen mostly on Lenovo laptops. The solution is simple. Create a task in Task scheduler that is triggered at open session. Make sure to uncheck the Only...
  10. Numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active

Numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active: The numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active until Windows 10 completely boots up. This function is turned on in bios. PC IS: Acer Aspire ATC-705-UC52 Desktop, Intel Core i7-4790 Quad-Core 3.6GHz, 1TB SATA, 12GB DDR3, 802.11ac, Bluetooth,...