Windows 10: Keyboard not accepting button press of number "9" until after repeat delay activates

Discus and support Keyboard not accepting button press of number "9" until after repeat delay activates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; As the title suggests, I am only able to type the number 9 after holding the key beyond the point of the character repeat delay, at which point it will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ColeMaly, Jun 11, 2021.

1. ColeMaly Win User

Keyboard not accepting button press of number "9" until after repeat delay activates

As the title suggests, I am only able to type the number 9 after holding the key beyond the point of the character repeat delay, at which point it will press as normal, repeating the character until released. I have tested this issue with 2 keyboards and have additionally bound a tertiary button on my mouse with identical results on all three mediums. I do not have this issue on any other key that produces a character.

:)

ColeMaly, Jun 11, 2021

2. Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

Hi Joseph,

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the keyboard driver. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the keyboard driver from device manager.

• Press Windows key + X from the
      Keyboard
      and click on Device Manager.

• In Device Manager, double click on the
      Keyboard.

• It will show you the device driver name, select that device and then right click on it.

• Click on Uninstall button.

• Restart the computer, the drivers will get automatically installed on your Windows 10.

• Repeat the same for Mice and other pointing devices.

Hope it helps.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Jun 11, 2021
  3. Keyboard repeat delay

Hi!

The repeat delay of my keyboard, the time it passes after I press a key and it starts to repeat, keeps going to all the way to the left (slow). I have to manually set it in fast. Is there any way so it wont change.

PatrickFeeney Tamayo, Jun 11, 2021
  4. Keyboard not accepting button press of number "9" until after repeat delay activates

Keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed

After upgrading from Windows 7 to Win 10, I'm unable to change my keyboard repeat delay and repeat speed.

JosephBrunner41, Jun 11, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard not accepting button press of number "9" until after repeat delay activates

1. Keyboard not accepting button press of number "9" until after repeat delay activates - Similar Threads - Keyboard accepting button

2. How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reduce the speed of keyboard (not repeat delay)?: I am looking for a way to reduce the speed of the keyboard. In other words, the goal is intentionally reduce my typing speed. I am naturally a fast typist but due to some medical reasons I need a way slow myself down. It is almost impossible to do consciously (as I will fall...
  3. Keyboard repeat delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard repeat delay: Hi! The repeat delay of my keyboard, the time it passes after I press a key and it starts to repeat, keeps going to all the way to the left slow. I have to manually set it in fast. Is there any way so it wont change....
  4. Keyboard repeat rate and delay reset after hibernation

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard repeat rate and delay reset after hibernation: This problem is found multiple times without resolution and all threads are locked without solution. This seems to happen mostly on Lenovo laptops. The solution is simple. Create a task in Task scheduler that is triggered atopen session. Make sure to uncheck the Only...
  5. Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation

Keyboard repeat rate and delay resets after hibernation: This problem is found multiple times without resolution and all threads are locked without solution. This seems to happen mostly on Lenovo laptops. The solution is simple. Create a task in Task scheduler that is triggered at open session. Make sure to uncheck the Only...
  6. MediaTrackPrevious constantly pressing with no such button on keyboard

MediaTrackPrevious constantly pressing with no such button on keyboard: Recently every time I start my PC after its been shutdown, windows reads a mediatrackprevious key being constantly held down. I uninstalled autohotkey, reset the registry with sharpkey, and I've tried uninstalling all of my keyboard related software. The only thing that...
  7. How to set the Keyboard Repeat Rate and Repeat Delay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to set the Keyboard Repeat Rate and Repeat Delay in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 allows you to set the Keyboard Repeat Rate and Repeat Delay. These terms are inter-related. When you make active, any text field or an editor and, press and hold a single character key, it will immediately type the [...] This post How to set the...
  8. Inactive timer on keyboard makes any button I press do nothing until I press it again.

Inactive timer on keyboard makes any button I press do nothing until I press it again.: It seems after about a few minutes of not pressing any buttons, as if I was watching something for a while, that when I then after press a key to do anything, what ever key I press just doesn't do anything, then if I press it again it will do what I want it to do. It's like...
  9. Keyboard is phantom pressing number nine

Keyboard is phantom pressing number nine: Hi. This is the first time I've experienced this on Windows 10. Yesterday I noticed that my number 9 (the one with the page up command) on the keypad of my keyboard doesn't work, then today, it would randomly input "999999999999999999999999999999999999999" into fields until I...
  10. Numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active

Numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active: The numbers (0 through 9) on the Right Side of the keyboard are not active until Windows 10 completely boots up. This function is turned on in bios. PC IS: Acer Aspire ATC-705-UC52 Desktop, Intel Core i7-4790 Quad-Core 3.6GHz, 1TB SATA, 12GB DDR3, 802.11ac, Bluetooth,...