Windows 10: Keyboard not acting right and changes randomly

Discus and support Keyboard not acting right and changes randomly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have not had to post to this forum before as I have really been able to work things out by other peoples posts but I keep trying to fix this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mandybob77, Feb 23, 2020.

1. Keyboard not acting right and changes randomly

Hi,

I have not had to post to this forum before as I have really been able to work things out by other peoples posts but I keep trying to fix this and it keeps occurring and I don't know why and it has not happened on any other computers I've owned.

My problem is that my keyboard keys keep changing and not working right- even after updating the driver. I have an acer laptop.

Keyboard not acting right and changes randomly 1ec0354c-b688-49e5-9c54-95e4c13280ec?upload=true.png

I've never encountered this problem before and don't know why it's happening. I have updated the drivers in device manager and it got back to normal but then started acting weird again.

my laptop keyboard shift and other keys also act weird and my mouse on text sometimes does not indicate that it is floating on text and just shows an arrow but still works with some goading- number 1 only works in the inbuilt keyboard - my fn number stopped working along with my esc and other keys that were just haywire but got back to normal after I updated the drivers in device manager - but have now gone wonky again.

registry:

Keyboard not acting right and changes randomly 6ad0f29e-8405-442c-9a23-1dfd3e960b1f?upload=true.png

Don't know why key board is acting haywire. I can use the #1 on my numpad but it acts also as an enter key, the number 8 on my laptop has a dash when I use it on google. Just acting not right - esp with shift hotkey things - AFTER I did the update driver and restarted it was normal but then changed overnight to crappy again. I did the driver update thing and restarted and was better but the number one key is not working on either my keypad or upper keyboard - not a hardware issue as they worked a day ago - sorry I ramble but normally things are much more simple to figure out.

:)

mandybob77, Feb 23, 2020

2. ACT Pro 2013 will not open in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

The most likely causes on a standalone are a damaged or invalid .pad file or SQL is not running, or is damaged.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Click your Windows Start button, choose Run and type in actdiag.

• When ACT! Diagnostics comes up, click Databases, the Database List.

• Locate your database in the list, right-click on it and select Detach. Make sure you know the filepath to your database before detaching it.

• When the database has been detached, open My Computer (or Windows Explorer) and browse to the location of your database.

• Locate the .PAD file for your database [database name].pad and delete it.

• Reopen ACT!...you will get a message that the last database opened cannot found, then will be taken to the Open Database dialog box.

• At the bottom of this box, change the Files of Type to .adf, browse to the location of your database and double-click on the .adf file for your database.

• You will get a message that ACT! will verify your database, click OK and ACT will reattach your database to SQL and create a new .pad file.

• Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Feb 23, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Laptop Keyboard Keys Acting Strange

Hi,

I realize that you are facing issues with the keyboard on your PC. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to the laptop to check if that helps.

Further you may also use the onscreen keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 23, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard not acting right and changes randomly

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 23, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard not acting right and changes randomly

1. Keyboard not acting right and changes randomly - Similar Threads - Keyboard acting right

2. keyboard acts weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard acts weird: my keyboard became barely functional a i was using it some keys work but some dont like t can only be typed once and A sometimes opens the calculator and i cant delete since omething unless its highlighted first. typing this with on screen keyboard, already ran a troubleshoot...
  3. Keyboard acting weird.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard acting weird.: Hi, recently my keyboard began glitching out specifically with the key "H". I have to press really hard for it to actually register the input, im not sure if its a keyboard problem or a driver problem. Any help is appreciated!...
  4. Keyboard Randomly disconnects / Bluetooth acts up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Randomly disconnects / Bluetooth acts up: I have a magic apple keyboard. After like 10 minutes it will randomly stops working and i have to go to bluetooth and disconnect and reconnect it. This is espically annoying in video games. Is there any fixes for this or is my bluetooth just bad? Also when I restart my pc it...
  5. Keyboard Randomly disconnects / Bluetooth acts up

Keyboard Randomly disconnects / Bluetooth acts up: I have a magic apple keyboard. After like 10 minutes it will randomly stops working and i have to go to bluetooth and disconnect and reconnect it. This is espically annoying in video games. Is there any fixes for this or is my bluetooth just bad? Also when I restart my pc it...
  6. Keyboard Randomly disconnects / Bluetooth acts up

7. Keyboard is acting up

Keyboard is acting up: I downloaded Splitgate from steam and was playing it, after I played the tutorial, my keyboard was acting up. Whenever I hold W to move forward then stop holding W my player keeps moving. It does this with all of the keys, sure it will stop after a while but it's very...
  8. Windows 10 - Right arrow key randomly acts like it's stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Right arrow key randomly acts like it's stuck: This issue started happening about a month ago. Randomly seemingly every week at least the keyboard will suddenly act like I'm holding down the left/right arrow key not actually too sure, the movement of the selection boxes goes way too fast for me to tell. Restarting seems...
  9. Windows 10 - Right arrow key randomly acts like it's stuck

Windows 10 - Right arrow key randomly acts like it's stuck: This issue started happening about a month ago. Randomly seemingly every week at least the keyboard will suddenly act like I'm holding down the left/right arrow keys not actually too sure, the movement of the selection boxes goes way too fast for me to tell. Restarting seems...
  10. Keyboard acting strange

Keyboard acting strange: Recently my keyboard has been acting strange. When I press the W key, both 2 and W type at the same time. Same with the E key, except it types a 3, and so on. Then, when I try to type a number, for example 2, the keyboard types out a 2 and then a W. This is not an issue with...