Windows 10: Keyboard not matching settings sometimes, very odd

Discus and support Keyboard not matching settings sometimes, very odd in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hello, I have the PC set to UK English but my keyboard is Italian because the computer is Italian... I have both UK English and Italian installed on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gabgab, Jun 4, 2019.

1. gabgab Win User

Keyboard not matching settings sometimes, very odd

hello,

I have the PC set to UK English but my keyboard is Italian because the computer is Italian... I have both UK English and Italian installed on the PC and sometimes the keyboard doesn't make sense anymore and it picks up English, so say the @ sign is not where the keys show it to be.

A restart fixes the problem but why does it happen from time to time?

many thanks,
    Gabrio

:)

gabgab, Jun 4, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 4, 2019
  3. Touch Keyboard Settings missing

Hi Graham,

• Have you installed all the pending Windows updates? If not I suggest you to check.

Also I suggest you to check whether the devices are governed or configured through group policy as you mentioned multiple devices used in a domain environment such as hospitals.

I suggest you to check whether the Onscreen Keyboard is working or not. Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + U and select the On-Screen Keyboard from the Ease of Access
      list. Or click on Ease of Access at bottom right and select
      On-Screen Keyboard from the list.
    • Then use you cursor to type the password with On-Screen Keyboard.
    • Before clicking the login, press the eye symbol (I.e. Reveal Password) option in the password field, to see the password is correct.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jun 4, 2019
  4. Mark Ole Win User

keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Jun 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Keyboard not matching settings sometimes, very odd - Similar Threads - Keyboard matching settings

2. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  3. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very Odd Crash: Was on PC, plugging in a cord, when suddenly my computer turned off. Fans and everything were off, only thing still on was the backlight on my motherboard. Tried turning it on but nothing happened. Turned off power supply, unplugged, waited 30 seconds, repluggind, turned on,...
  4. Very Odd Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. HDR is very odd

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HDR is very odd: Im using a LG ultragear 1440p HDR monitor and when I enable HDR the screen is more yellow (even whites) and the brightness adjusts automatically based off whats on the screen. I had hulu open on half my monitor and it was full black and I minimized it and everything else got...
  6. HP Laptop, Win10, keyboard behaving very oddly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP Laptop, Win10, keyboard behaving very oddly: Hi, A while ago my friend spilt some wine on his laptop keyboard. Bang & Olufsen Envy, with Windows 10. Since then he's had a very odd problem with it: In most cases it will ONLY type vowels and these vowels are all accented. If he opens an internet browser types...
  7. Something very odd.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Something very odd.: I went on my computer and turned on Task Manager and found a process going by "WaasMedic Agent Exe" i don't remember downloading anything yesterday. Is this something bad?[IMG]...
  8. Very odd internet disconnects

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very odd internet disconnects: Hello everyone and thanks in advance. I am having an issue with my Ethernet internet connection dropping (Windows 10) if i open any game applications that require internet connection. IE, Joining a server, Sitting in a server list waiting for a spot, Leaving a server and...
  9. Very, very odd issue with audio playback

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Very, very odd issue with audio playback: So I've ran into my share of quirky issues with windows 10 thus far, but none as interesting, frustrating, and quirky as this one. I use iPhone 5 Earpods (if that is the correct name), though I don't think that is relevant to the issue here. When I am playing music it...
  10. Very odd network activity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very odd network activity: When I turned on my computer (bottom-end Toshiba laptop) today I got the Welcome screen in reasonable time, but after I pressed Enter to get the password screen I was presented with a black screen with a cursor, and the router's light for the computer started blinking...