Windows 10: Keyboard Not Recognized After Wake From Sleep

Discus and support Keyboard Not Recognized After Wake From Sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Corsair K70 RGB keyboard is not recognized after waking my Windows 10 computer from sleep. The only way to get the keyboard working again is using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zozo17, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Zozo17 Win User

Keyboard Not Recognized After Wake From Sleep

My Corsair K70 RGB keyboard is not recognized after waking my Windows 10 computer from sleep. The only way to get the keyboard working again is using any of the two options listed below:

1. disconnect and reconnect the keyboard to the two rear USB 2.0 ports
    2. shutdown the computer and turn on again (restart did not resolve the issue as it appears there is no power to the keyboard following a restart)

Also, pressing any key on the keyboard does not wake up the computer from sleep. It can only be woken using the mouse or by pressing the power button on the front of the computer. The BIOS is configured to allow USB ports to wake the computer.

This was never any issue before in the past as the keyboard would always be recognized after waking from sleep, and if not using either the mouse or power button to wake from sleep, any keyboard press would wake the computer.

I ran Windows update, ensured that the latest keyboard firmware and Corsair iCue software is installed, reset the power plan settings to default for the Balanced power profile, but the issue remains.

I also checked Device Manager for any USB Root Hub issues, but everything seems fine.

I have not made any changes on my own to the computer, this all just stopped working all of a sudden. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Zozo17, Mar 14, 2021

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 14, 2021
  3. benedict Win User
    Cannot wake from sleep using keyboard

I tried the things that were suggested in this thread but I still can't wake the PC using the keyboard.
    Win10 is the latest 20H2, mouse/keyboard connected using wired USB directly (no bluetooth or hub).
    The bios setting for power management is "OS" which greys out the bios settings.

Fast startup is disabled. Balanced power setting with hybrid sleep enabled and hibernate off, wake timers enabled.

Output from "powercfg /devicequery wake_armed" shows wake from keyboard is enabled.
    HID Keyboard Device
    HID Keyboard Device (001)
    Realtek PCIe GbE Family Controller #2
    HID Keyboard Device (003)

Any ideas?

benedict, Mar 14, 2021
  4. John Sarc Win User

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

1. Keyboard Not Recognized After Wake From Sleep - Similar Threads - Keyboard Recognized Wake

2. Keyboard keeps waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard keeps waking PC from sleep: HiI just downloaded latest Windows 11 Pro, installed, activated and updated it on PC.To make sure nothing is going to wake up the computer from sleep I opened Device Manager and unchecked "Allow this device to wake the computer" for:-Keyboards-Mouse-Ethernet ConnectionAfter...
  3. Keyboard keeps waking PC from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard keeps waking PC from sleep: HiI just downloaded latest Windows 11 Pro, installed, activated and updated it on PC.To make sure nothing is going to wake up the computer from sleep I opened Device Manager and unchecked "Allow this device to wake the computer" for:-Keyboards-Mouse-Ethernet ConnectionAfter...
  4. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  5. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.: As title. As of this time last week it worked, not sure exactly when it stopped working, but I do know it hasn't been working for the last 2-3 days now.All my settings are still the same as they were prior to it not working, keyboard and mouse are both set to "allow this...
  6. Keyboard and mouse no longer waking from sleep.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Cannot wake from sleep using keyboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot wake from sleep using keyboard: I tried the things that were suggested in this thread but I still can't wake the PC using the keyboard. Win10 is the latest 20H2, mouse/keyboard connected using wired USB directly (no bluetooth or hub). The bios setting for power management is "OS" which greys out the bios...
  8. keyboard not working after waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard not working after waking up from sleep: Hi, I have a dell desktop running windows 10, all patches and updates are applied both from Microsoft and Dell. The computer goes to sleep after 30 minutes, and at least twice a day, when I wake it up the keyboard doesn't work, and I get a pop up message that a usb device...
  9. Keyboard and monitor doesn’t work after waking from Sleep

Keyboard and monitor doesn’t work after waking from Sleep: I have installed Windows 10 on my desktop. I always try to restart after a "sleep" by pressing the mouse button. It usually starts ok, but sometimes the monitor and keyboard don't activate. I have to power off/power on to get them working again. ***Modified title from:...
  10. Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep

Laptop keyboard does not work after waking from sleep: I have a HP Pavilion laptop, and in the last week, the keyboard has stopped working when I wake the computer from sleep. I am still able to log on using the on-screen touch keyboard. After about 30 seconds after I have logged in, the physical keyboard starts working again....