Windows 10: Keyboard not recognized at start up before it even get to windows

Discus and support Keyboard not recognized at start up before it even get to windows in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've logged in on my work laptop to type this. My machine has the OEM USB keyboard. It recognizes the mouse and when it booted in the safe mode and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KenScheepers, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Keyboard not recognized at start up before it even get to windows

I've logged in on my work laptop to type this.

My machine has the OEM USB keyboard. It recognizes the mouse and when it booted in the safe mode and asks which country I'm in, I click USA and it does not find it via the troubleshooting option. However, in the safe mode system 32\cmd.exe, the keyboard works and I'm able to type?

:)

KenScheepers, Jun 24, 2020
  2. devnull Win User

Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

Thanks, but how would I be able to do any of the things that you suggest when Windows is not recognizing either my keyboard or my mouse?

I'll mention that I do intend to purchase a *wired* USB keyboard and mouse today and try them, but I'm not optimistic that they will be recognized by Windows either.

devnull, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Jun 24, 2020
  4. SIV
    Siv Win User

Keyboard not recognized at start up before it even get to windows

Keyboard and mouse not recognized after boot-up!

devnull,

Did you check that the keyboard is not working again as I had the same issue with another PC where the system restore failed but I found that the keyboard and mouse were working even though the restore failed??

Thema:

Keyboard not recognized at start up before it even get to windows

1. Keyboard not recognized at start up before it even get to windows - Similar Threads - Keyboard recognized start

2. Windows 10 clean install crashes before it even starts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 clean install crashes before it even starts: Hello,I am trying to install Windows 10 in my new build, but I'm having several issues. The last, and most frustrating issue, is that Windows installer doesn't even start. About 10 seconds after Windows logo appears, it crashes and the system reboots. I can't even get to the...
  3. Windows 10 clean install crashes before it even starts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 clean install crashes before it even starts: Hello,I am trying to install Windows 10 in my new build, but I'm having several issues. The last, and most frustrating issue, is that Windows installer doesn't even start. About 10 seconds after Windows logo appears, it crashes and the system reboots. I can't even get to the...
  4. Windows 10 clean install crashes before it even starts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Keyboard not working before Startup to get into BIOS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working before Startup to get into BIOS: I have a Dell Smartcard Keyboard it has a issue since 5 years that it won't work before Windows starts meaning I can't enter BIOSwhich is a major issue if my PC get's into trouble. Before sometime I had an old keyboard so I used it to work into BIOS but now it's destroyed. I...
  6. Keyboard not working before Startup to get into BIOS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not working before Startup to get into BIOS: I have a Dell Smartcard Keyboard it has a issue since 5 years that it won't work before Windows starts meaning I can't enter BIOSwhich is a major issue if my PC get's into trouble. Before sometime I had an old keyboard so I used it to work into BIOS but now it's destroyed. I...
  7. Keyboard doesn't work at Windows 10 login or even before.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard doesn't work at Windows 10 login or even before.: I was asked to reboot my laptop because of an update. I did it. Now I am stuck at the Windows 10 login page. My keyboard and touchpad don't work. They just don't. I tried to use the on-screen keyboard to enter my password, but when I click on a key I have a whole row of keys...
  8. Something starts up and then closes immediately before I even see it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Something starts up and then closes immediately before I even see it: Hello, There is an app or something which pops up immediately and closes the instant before I can even check it. I tried running a full scan with malwarebytes but it hasn't seen any issues at all. It gets pretty annoying especially that it is random to w/c i cant tell when...
  9. Computer will not recognize keyboard on start up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer will not recognize keyboard on start up: When I turn on my desktop computer, the lights on my USB connected keyboard will briefly flicker on and then turn off. The keyboard is then unresponsive, and I cannot log on because I can’t input my password. The computer and keyboard worked fine for two years until one time...
  10. Cannot get Start Screen on start up, even when "enabled" in settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot get Start Screen on start up, even when "enabled" in settings.: Trying to get my Win10 the way I want it on my work machine. When I start it defaults to desktop. I've found several methods online about enabling the start screen as the default, but nothing works. 1. http://www.thewindowsclub.com/enable...-in-windows-10 The tablet mode...