Windows 10: Keyboard not recognized at startup after 2004 update

Discus and support Keyboard not recognized at startup after 2004 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since most recently updating Windows my USB keyboard does not seem to be recognized at startup, after either shutdown or reboot. I can restore it by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by D_Fledermaus, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Keyboard not recognized at startup after 2004 update

Since most recently updating Windows my USB keyboard does not seem to be recognized at startup, after either shutdown or reboot. I can restore it by unplugging and replugging the USB cable, but this must be done every time Windows loads.

:)

D_Fledermaus, Sep 5, 2020
  2. Juzar_Ali Win User

Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Sep 5, 2020
  4. ZakkWylde Win User

Keyboard not recognized at startup after 2004 update

Laptop Keyboard just failed

It works! just ran dell diagnostics on startup, launching it with the usb keyboard, and it recognized the built-in keyboard! thx to all for the help, especially viper, your suggestion saved the day! *Toast :toast: still i wonder what caused this, just hope it doesnt happen again.

ZakkWylde, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Keyboard not recognized at startup after 2004 update

1. Keyboard not recognized at startup after 2004 update - Similar Threads - Keyboard recognized startup

2. Keyboard lag after startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard lag after startup: Hi,I have a HP ZBook Studio x360 G5 and for a while now, my keyboard tends to lag after startup.Weirdly, not when logging in, but after logging in it lags for a couple of minutes and then works normally.I bought this laptop in 2018, is it just the age showing?Or is there some...
  3. Keyboard lag after startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard lag after startup: Hi,I have a HP ZBook Studio x360 G5 and for a while now, my keyboard tends to lag after startup.Weirdly, not when logging in, but after logging in it lags for a couple of minutes and then works normally.I bought this laptop in 2018, is it just the age showing?Or is there some...
  4. Slow startup after updating Windows 10 to version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow startup after updating Windows 10 to version 2004: I just did the Windows 10 update to version 2004. No after I sign in it takes 5 full minutes for anything to come up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-startup-after-updating-windows-10-to-version/69203dce-259b-4dce-81ee-a76fdb0ba8f7
  5. Windows slow startup after updating windows to may 2004 update

Windows slow startup after updating windows to may 2004 update: Hi, I use Dell Inspiron 15 5567 laptop, recently due to slow startup I reinstalled windows and then it started working normally but after reinstalling windows I got an update of windows May 2004 version update .After updating the laptop ,boot up time is very slow like it...
  6. Internet disconnected on startup (2004 update)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Internet disconnected on startup (2004 update): As said in the title, my internet (ethernet) is disconnected for 5-10 seconds after boot, then it automatically reconnects. Just enough to disturb my startup programs and then they need to reconnect as well. Anyone got any clues? It's not a deal breaking bug but damn...
  7. lost keyboard after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lost keyboard after 2004 update: using on screen keyboard to type. dell g3 laptop Uninstalled drivers for standard ps/2 keyword and hid keyboard drivers any help greatly appreciated mouse and TouchPad working fine...
  8. Windows will not recognize keyboard or mouse on startup

Windows will not recognize keyboard or mouse on startup: So, I recently re-installed Windows 10 Education in the hopes that it would fix itself, but I've had zero luck so far. Basically, whenever I turn on my computer, there's a 75% chance that my keyboard and mouse (both wired USB) will not function in Windows. They work perfectly...
  9. Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update: Not sure what sub this should go in so I'm going to post here. I had an update and restart for windows and now it isn't recognizing the mouse or keyboard. The USB ports have power and my mouse's decorative lights are on but my keyboard won't light up, and no input on either...
  10. Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc not recognizing keyboard and mouse after windows update: Not sure what sub this should go in so I'm going to post here. I had an update and restart for windows and now it isn't recognizing the mouse or keyboard. The USB ports have power and my mouse's decorative lights are on but my keyboard won't light up, and no input on either...