Windows 10: Keyboard not registering on startup

Discus and support Keyboard not registering on startup in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My computer sometimes does this thing where when I start my computer up it doesn't allow me to type, so I have to restart, And then it does it multiple... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by WhoStoleMyChipsChips, Nov 23, 2018.

1. Keyboard not registering on startup

My computer sometimes does this thing where when I start my computer up it doesn't allow me to type, so I have to restart, And then it does it multiple times until it finally somehow works. Also, when I restart my computer and it makes my computer run slower. I've tried many anti viruses including Windows Defender, Malwarebytes, and CCleaner. Please help!

:)

WhoStoleMyChipsChips, Nov 23, 2018
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Juzar_Ali Win User
    Keep onscreen keyboard from displaying at startup

Hi Helene,

I suggest to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Delete key on the Keyboard.
    • Click on More details.
    • Go to Startup Tab.
    • Right click on Onscreen Keyboard And select
      disable.

Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Nov 23, 2018
  4. Keyboard not registering on startup

Sculpt Comfort Keyboard not registering 1st keystroke

Hello Kit,

An outdated or incompatible driver can be one of the possible factors why this issue occurs. That being said, I suggest you to Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check. Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

1. Press Windows key + S on your keyboard.
    2. Type Troubleshoot and hit
      Enter.
    3. Click on Hardware and Devices.
    4. Run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen prompt.

Also suggest you to go the link below and download the latest drivers for the keyboard and see if it helps to resolve the issue:

Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as
    soon as I can.

Michelle Vil, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

Keyboard not registering on startup

1. Keyboard not registering on startup - Similar Threads - Keyboard registering startup

2. Pc will not register keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Pc will not register keyboard and mouse: I was perfectly gaming with some friends up until when I restarted my pc. I go to type in my password and the keyboard and mouse both aren’t connecting. I’ve tried turning it off and on, launching bios keyboard doesn’t work to launch it, remove the cmos battery, check ram and...
  3. Pc will not register keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc will not register keyboard and mouse: I was perfectly gaming with some friends up until when I restarted my pc. I go to type in my password and the keyboard and mouse both aren’t connecting. I’ve tried turning it off and on, launching bios keyboard doesn’t work to launch it, remove the cmos battery, check ram and...
  4. Keyboard not registering numbers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not registering numbers.: I have an issue with a machine that is running Windows 10. The machine is touch screen so I needed to use an external keyboard. However, I am not able to enter any numbers. The keyboard will only enter special characters. I've tried changing keyboards to see if either the...
  5. Keyboard not registering numbers.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not registering numbers.: I have an issue with a machine that is running Windows 10. The machine is touch screen so I needed to use an external keyboard. However, I am not able to enter any numbers. The keyboard will only enter special characters. I've tried changing keyboards to see if either the...
  6. Keyboard register multiple characters

Keyboard register multiple characters: Hello,I have a strange problem from the past 1 week. In my PC running with Windows 11 pro, when I press any keys in keyboard it register multiple characters. For example, if I press A, it gives AA or AAA. Same for all characters and keys including arrow and other keys. Any...
  7. Keyboard register multiple characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard register multiple characters: Hello,I have a strange problem from the past 1 week. In my PC running with Windows 11 pro, when I press any keys in keyboard it register multiple characters. For example, if I press A, it gives AA or AAA. Same for all characters and keys including arrow and other keys. Any...
  8. Keyboard not registering some letters

Keyboard not registering some letters: This happened suddenly today. I had been using the laptop for some time, typing in both English and Greek with no problem. Then I went to log onto a website and my b key didn`t register. Other keys also fail to register or show as something different such as an accented i or...
  9. Weird problem with laptop. Keyboard doesn't register numbers after startup.

Weird problem with laptop. Keyboard doesn't register numbers after startup.: Out of nowhere my pc started acting weird.some of my keys don't work, apps opening by themselves, couldn't ctrl,alt, delete I thought it was a virus so i reinstalled windows and formatted partitions just to be sure. After that i could not type my password Turns out that i...
  10. Mouse and keyboard not registering

Mouse and keyboard not registering: I recently got given a pc. I went to reset the pc with the get rid of the file option but chose the one where I'm wanting to keep the pc. After it has reset the computer and said let's begin. Chose what region I'm in my cursor doesn't show and my keyboard doesn't respond....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. keyboard is not registering on a program