Windows 10: Keyboard not registering some letters

Discus and support Keyboard not registering some letters in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This happened suddenly today. I had been using the laptop for some time, typing in both English and Greek with no problem. Then I went to log onto a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SaggyMaggyPoo, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Keyboard not registering some letters

This happened suddenly today. I had been using the laptop for some time, typing in both English and Greek with no problem.

Then I went to log onto a website and my b key didn`t register. Other keys also fail to register or show as something different such as an accented i or a. The space bar doesn`t register. If I hit one key several times I may suddenly get a b or a random forward slash that is very faint compared to the letters. At other times, once the first key fails to register the keyboard becomes generally unresponsive.

I had a similar problem a few weeks ago and did a System Restore that seemed to solve it. Tried that this time with no success.

Tried 2 different malware scans which were both clear. I tried to use my Dell SupportAssist to do a hardware scan but this will not open.

I tried to use the onscreen keyboard but although this will open it is useless as the cursor just becomes a spinning circle when over the keyboard.

I managed to get into safe mode and the problem is still there.

Not sure what to do now. Would a new install solve the problem?

:)

SaggyMaggyPoo, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Keyboard letters missing

Hi John,

It is possible that the issue is due to recent changes on your computer. To properly troubleshoot the keyboard issue, kindly answer the queries below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to isolate the issue?
    • What are the letters affected by the issue?

We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Keyboard letters problem

Here are the first two steps you need to take:

• Try a different keyboard (or an external USB keyboard in case of a laptop)
    • See if the problem persists with the on-screen keyboard (osk.exe)

Frederik Long, Apr 1, 2021
  4. LoganTank Win User

Keyboard not registering some letters

Keyboard repeats letters slow

I have a laptop with windows 10 on it and my laptop keyboard and my usb keyboard repeats letters slow i have filter keys on and I have tried to change the settings but it is still the same the driver is up to date but still does it. This happend by my
    cat stepping on letters on my keyboard Please help!

LoganTank, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Keyboard not registering some letters

1. Keyboard not registering some letters - Similar Threads - Keyboard registering letters

2. Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard: So as the title of this post says , some letters and numbers on my keyboard won't work i.e I can type the numbers and letters b , c , l , 3 but not a , 1 or 2I've tried reinstalling the keyboard's drivers , uninstalled them , turned off sticky keys but with no result. Could...
  3. Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard: So as the title of this post says , some letters and numbers on my keyboard won't work i.e I can type the numbers and letters b , c , l , 3 but not a , 1 or 2I've tried reinstalling the keyboard's drivers , uninstalled them , turned off sticky keys but with no result. Could...
  4. Some letters and numbers are not working on laptop's keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Some keys on keyboard no registering properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys on keyboard no registering properly: For some odd reason various key inputs are working half the time, or requires holding down he button. For example, ø, i only works if I hold down they key and then I get 4 in a row. On screen keyboard acts the same way. Ironically it works in a virtual os left ctrl is also...
  6. Some keys on keyboard no registering properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some keys on keyboard no registering properly: For some odd reason various key inputs are working half the time, or requires holding down he button. For example, ø, i only works if I hold down they key and then I get 4 in a row. On screen keyboard acts the same way. Ironically it works in a virtual os left ctrl is also...
  7. Some keys on keyboard no registering properly

8. Some keys letters, numbers, space stop registering in Windows apps.

Some keys letters, numbers, space stop registering in Windows apps.: Hello, I looked around and didn't see anyone else comment on this issue, but forgive me if it's already been discussed. Sometimes in Windows System apps, letter and number keys will not input. This includes: settings, the search bar on the taskbar, sticky notes, the file...
  9. Russian ЯШЕРТЫ keyboard. Some letters are not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Russian ЯШЕРТЫ keyboard. Some letters are not working.: On my newly acquired Surface Pro 7, after enabling the mentioned keyboard the letters Ч and Щ do not work. I do not use Russian typewriter keyboard. I have to resort to using Bulgarian phonetic as this is the only other phonetic Cyrillic keyboard. Can you fix it?...
  10. Keyboard Not Registering Some Keystrokes in Bootup Login Screen

Keyboard Not Registering Some Keystrokes in Bootup Login Screen: My keyboard has never had this problem in the past but lately I've been forced to use the on screen keyboard as mine will not work well at all to type in my password in the login screen. It is extremely laggy and won't even register some keystrokes even after a long period of...